Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Banned by Moderators

TheIsraeliGuy TheIsraeliGuy TheIsraeliGuy TheIsraeliGuy TheIsraeliGuy TheIsraeliGuy TheIsraeliGuy TheIsraeliGuy TheIsraeliGuy TheIsraeliGuy TheIsraeliGuy
"There are Snikers which expenssive than ipod"

Yesterday, 30 years ago, in 1976, Steve Jobes, then in the age of 21 and his mate Steve Veznik, then in the age of 26 the create Apple 1 - The first Prototype of the personal computers.

The stories are that the planning of their first computer was 6 months long and was built in 40 hours. The 2 Steves put a simple goal before of them - To sell in the first decade in a modest amount of at least 500 million dollars. In facto they did it in 5 years.

For the happy event, The Wired magazine collected the best quets of Steve Jobes, The man and the hype who was leading the gang, fired and came back, from the low and the high of Apple. Here are couple of their funniest, pretentious and the unfounded of them:

"No company ever tried to take control of us and to swallow us since I'm here. I think they are afraid from our taste". (In a meeting with share holders, April 1988).

"I always wanted controll and ownership on Technology and it came in expression in every thing I did". (In an interview to Buisness week, October 2004).

"It's hard ot design a product with focus groups. I decovered that many times people not realy know what they realy want till you show them what they realy want". (Buisness week, May 1998).

"Inventiveness got nothing to do with how much you invest in research and development. When we published the first Mac, IBM invested 100 times doubly than us in invest and research. It's not a matter of money - It depends in Human Power, How do you lead people and how much you realy understanding in it". (Fortune, November 1998).

"If I was managing Apple, I would have milk from Macintosh everything I can and going to the next big thing. The PC war is finished, Microsoft won long time ago". (Fortune, February 1997).

"You know, I got some great plan to save Apple. I can only tell you that it contains the perfect product and the perfect strategy for apple, But no one will will listen to me". (Fortune, September 1995).

"Apple got tremendous assets and I truly believe that the company can...can, How to say it...to die". (Time, August 1997).

"The personal computers industry has died. The inventiveness stopped to exist. Microsoft control in that market alongside very little inventiveness. It's over and Apple lose. The industry of the personal computers gone into a dark age and this is how it will be for at least the next 10 years". (Wired, February 1996).

"Do you want to spend the rest of your life by selling water with sugar or is it that you want to try and change the world?" (In that sentence, Steve Jobes used to tempt John Scaly from Pepsi to join Apple as a manager).

"We designed the buttons on the screen so prety that you wish to come and lick them". (About the interface of Aqua of the OSX operation system. Fortune, January 2000).

"I can think about couple of shoes from Snikers which are more expenssive than ipod" (About the prise tag of one of the first Ipod which was written 300$, News week, October 2003).

"The new thing here which is new is the distribution system for a cool buyer in the name of "Internet". And nobody is going to close the Internet". (Trying to sell the music shop "itones", Rolling Stone, December 2003).

"imac is the computer for the next year in the prise of 1299$, not the computer of the last year in the prise of 999$". (In a demonstration of imac, May 1998 California).

"It's rare to see an artist in his 30's or his 40's that can still create something realy amazing". (In the age of 29, almost 30, Playboy, February 1985).
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Forever Young

Wingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lovely stuff.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:24 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

I-tunes, Jobs, Wozniak, should be inserted in various places above
Old 03-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And even after that I don't understand the thread title.

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 03-04-2006, 05:27 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

it's pretty much gibberish
Old 03-04-2006, 05:38 PM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Darn the soaring costs of peanuts......
Old 03-04-2006, 05:39 PM

Nork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is here
I noticed the price went through the roof soon after they changed the name from marathon.
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 03-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
"and the award for most pointless threads posted goes to......"