Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 25-08-2006, 07:58 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Playstation 3

Just over 12 weeks til worldwide release (november 17th). At the moment looks like 6 or 7 games lined up ready for its release with more to follow; To view the link you have to Register or Login . I've held off buying a 360 in the hope PS3 will be the better machine we will see. Anyone pre ordered one yet?
Old 25-08-2006, 08:12 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm going to hold out till 2007 so hopefully they've tweaked all the problems, should there be any, as I don't want the same kind of problems I've had with my 360.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina

Last edited by greybot; 25-08-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old 25-08-2006, 08:18 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Phenominally expensive, although I guess this is mainly down to it having Blu ray as standard.

I'll wait for it to decrease in price before I consider getting one. Can't justify 400 odd quid on a games machine.
Old 25-08-2006, 08:20 PM

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by greybot
I'm going to hold out till 2007 so hopefully they've tweaked all the problems, should there be any, as I don't want the same kind of problems I've had with my 360.
maybe wise, though it's been so long in the making i'd be annoyed if sony havn't ironed out any problems
Old 25-08-2006, 08:22 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by JAS78
maybe wise, though it's been so long in the making i'd be annoyed if sony havn't ironed out any problems
You never really know until they have sold a few million to find common problems, unless they have a testing team the size of the US army

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 25-08-2006, 08:25 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Whens HD-DVD coming to 360?
Old 25-08-2006, 08:27 PM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
doubt there will be enough ps3s in the country in november, may be a few floating around.

they are having lots of problems with the ps3 and some parts are short in supply.
Old 25-08-2006, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by greybot
You never really know until they have sold a few million to find common problems, unless they have a testing team the size of the US army
true, no dought there will be a few glitches on a few machines, but overall i've got a good feeling it'll be the best console on the market! especially at 400 odd quid
Old 26-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So it'll be the best console on the market, just because it costs the most money?

I'll stick with a 360 then get a Wii when that comes out. Two consoles for the price of one Playstation 3.

Sony's arrogance is going to cost them this time.
Old 26-08-2006, 09:25 AM

ollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
the graphics are the same on the ps3 as the 360, and you pay 200 more just because the disc turns around a little faster- stuff that, im getting the 360 when it goes down in price to still compete with the ps3
Old 26-08-2006, 09:38 AM

Beck The Eagle is playing for a contract
get a wii.

BEST.SITE.EVER
Old 26-08-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil
So it'll be the best console on the market, just because it costs the most money?

I'll stick with a 360 then get a Wii when that comes out. Two consoles for the price of one Playstation 3.

Sony's arrogance is going to cost them this time.
yes, generally you get what you pay for, but if the PS3 turns out to be inferior to the 360 at a higher cost sony will have egg on their faces, i really can't see that happening but we will see
Old 26-08-2006, 11:12 AM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
I'm happy with the 360 to be honest, I wont be getting the next Playstation this time round - I never thought I'd be saying that!
Old 26-08-2006, 11:14 AM

alaneagle is playing for a contract
gna probably get a wii at first then mayb a ps3 when its dropped in price, for me the attraction of the wii is a) its cheapness b)its a bit different c) there are some really good games coming out on it (new zelda,mario galaxy,wii sports)
Old 26-08-2006, 12:10 PM

Oliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This...:

...is rumoured to be a screenshot of GTA: 4.

I, TBH, don't really want to get a PS3 but the idea of a GTA: 4 is very appealing...

Still, I'll see what people make of it when it comes out before deciding anything...

Last edited by Oliver V; 26-08-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old 26-08-2006, 12:18 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
All about the Wii!
Old 26-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Dogbert's Tech Support

Location: Just this side of sanity, clinging on for dear life
Mrs Neil is playing for a contract
I just don't see what the PS3 has that's new (apart from the Blu-Ray, which is totally unproven and may end up being the new Betamax).

The X-Box 360 has launched the downloads of games and add-ons as well as the "home hub" concept which works well.

The Wii is focussing on increasing the games market, innovating new ways for both new and existing gamers to play and removing barriers for non-stereotypical gamers.

The problem is that Sony still seems to believe that gamers will buy a console because it has "Playstation" written on the side

Don't get me wrong; Sony has done something newer in the PSP, but it's not a huge leap, and the only non-stereotypical game is Loco Roco, but one game is not enough to make a difference.

The main thrust of their software appears to me to be sequels to previously successful franchises, many of which will be available on other consoles. Nothing I have heard so far has convinced me that any of the PS3 versions will be different enough for me to spend the best part of 500 buying the system and the game.

Sony appear to have lost their innovation - where is the company who developed the Eye Toy? Nintendo were slated with the release of the GameCube because there was nothing spectacular, and I have to agree. I think that the PS3 is going to suffer from a similar averageness.

I think what frustrates me most are comments like JAS78's that "you get what you pay for" with the implication that that's always a good thing. I have no problem with people being loyal to a brand, and allowing them benefit of the doubt, but at some point I think you have to be realistic and ask yourself "how will this change my gaming life?". With the PS3, I think that the answer is "not much".

So, in conclusion, no, I won't be buying a PS3!
Old 26-08-2006, 12:37 PM

Oliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Neil
I just don't see what the PS3 has that's new (apart from the Blu-Ray, which is totally unproven and may end up being the new Betamax).

The X-Box 360 has launched the downloads of games and add-ons as well as the "home hub" concept which works well.

The Wii is focussing on increasing the games market, innovating new ways for both new and existing gamers to play and removing barriers for non-stereotypical gamers.

The problem is that Sony still seems to believe that gamers will buy a console because it has "Playstation" written on the side

Don't get me wrong; Sony has done something newer in the PSP, but it's not a huge leap, and the only non-stereotypical game is Loco Roco, but one game is not enough to make a difference.

The main thrust of their software appears to me to be sequels to previously successful franchises, many of which will be available on other consoles. Nothing I have heard so far has convinced me that any of the PS3 versions will be different enough for me to spend the best part of 500 buying the system and the game.

Sony appear to have lost their innovation - where is the company who developed the Eye Toy? Nintendo were slated with the release of the GameCube because there was nothing spectacular, and I have to agree. I think that the PS3 is going to suffer from a similar averageness.

I think what frustrates me most are comments like JAS78's that "you get what you pay for" with the implication that that's always a good thing. I have no problem with people being loyal to a brand, and allowing them benefit of the doubt, but at some point I think you have to be realistic and ask yourself "how will this change my gaming life?". With the PS3, I think that the answer is "not much".

So, in conclusion, no, I won't be buying a PS3!

It has a new graphics card that makes games just a tad (sarcastic) more realistic

But then again that's what people are after, a more "real" way to play games on a console, and that's why it's more expensive.

Before:

After:

It's not much true, but it's something.
Old 26-08-2006, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oliver Varcoe
This...:

...is rumoured to be a screenshot of GTA: 4.

I, TBH, don't really want to get a PS3 but the idea of a GTA: 4 is very appealing...

Still, I'll see what people make of it when it comes out before deciding anything...
apparently GTA IV is aimed for release in Nov 2007 on both PS3 and 360
Old 26-08-2006, 09:44 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know people want to see original innovations but I don't really see what's wrong with how games are at the moment. I have absolutely no problem with making games more realistic and improving slightly on what we have. Yeah, a few new ideas are nice but you'll get that with a few games.

Personally I think what Nintendo are doing with the Wii is that big gamble. Sony have got a winning formula and there's no need to change it just yet. The technology just isn't around at the moment.