Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 31-08-2006, 08:30 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil
I might take that bet actually - the 360 has a massive head-start on the PS3 and Sony are already having production line problems.
You're on. How much?
Old 31-08-2006, 08:37 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It seems to be that the price is the biggest problem with most people on here. Personally, I don't see why. The PS2 was £300 when it first came out so inflation is bound to be a factor since then. Add the fact that it has a BluRay player and you're not getting a bad deal. Don't forget it's ability to go online, browse the web, play music, play video's and obviously, it's sole purpose, to play great looking games. Ok, so some people don't want that and just want a games console but it's still nice to have an alternative multimedia player, say in a different room in the house. Also, don't forget that BluRay players are currently selling for around £1500. £400 for everything else chucked in and with what looks to be a brilliant games console makes it well worth while for me. I'm just happy that Microsoft and Nintendo are around to make the price competetive otherwise we could be looking at a fair bit more.
Old 31-08-2006, 09:27 AM
BBS FA

cpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Quote:
Originally posted by Palace121
Don't forget it's ability to go online, browse the web, play music, play video's and obviously, it's sole purpose, to play great looking games.

. Also, don't forget that BluRay players are currently selling for around £1500. £400 for everything else chucked in and with what looks to be a brilliant games console makes it well worth while for me. .
When you say go online, do you mean with the gaming only, or is there going to be an internet browser available.

and what exactly does a bluRay do?
Old 31-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Palace121

I'm willing to make a bet with anyone on here that the PS3 will be the biggest console around this time next year.
I'll take that bet.

I presume you mean sales in the UK?
Old 31-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by rednblue4ever
Because it's a continuation from GTA:3. Vice City and San Andreas aren't anything to do with it, so GTA:4 is presumably just a sequel.
GTA 4 was Vice City and was called this by the punters. San Andreas was never known as GTA 5, nevertheless they were both clear sequels - I think Rockstar have this all wrong.
Old 31-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc4ever
and what exactly does a bluRay do?
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 31-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Yakshemash!

rednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have lived
Quote:
Originally posted by anti-addick
GTA 4 was Vice City and was called this by the punters. San Andreas was never known as GTA 5, nevertheless they were both clear sequels - I think Rockstar have this all wrong.
I never knew Vice City to be known as GTA:4? If so, it must be a prequel because the game is set in the 80's. I don't think either Vice City nor San Andreas are linked in anyway to GTA:3 and I would think that the new game will go back to Liberty City.
Old 31-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't really care what the next GTA is called, as long as it's good!

ditto with the 360 Resident evil game..
Old 31-08-2006, 05:56 PM
What?

sheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Really Interesting thread.

I agree that Sony copied the motion sensors. As stated in that article and on here. But they also copied the analogue stick and rumble pak/dual shock idea. Also the GC had a wireless controller ages ago!
However, No PS owning person gives a rat's ass that this is not original sony innovation. Just so long as it improves their gaming experience.

The price issue (which is a big one) can be looked at either way; Way too high, or reasonable for what you get.

I did own a PS2, XBox and GameCube. Now I only have a PS2. This is because there were vey specific releases on XB and GC that I felt were worth a purchase on thier own! (CM03/Broken Sword II + MarioKart) Other than that though I was struggling to justify owning them. The PS2 however I have always got something to play. A massive range of games.

Microsoft has currently got the online side of things stitched up IMO. Sony need to do something bout this.

All this said and my clear loyalty/bias towards Sony, I cannot tell you how close I have been/was/am to buying a 360. I think the console looks incredible (cosmetically) Easy and fantastic online capailities and it is on the market now. Also I will go on record as saying that the 10 minutes I played of COD2 were probably the most fun I have ever had on a video game ever!
At the end of the day I still haven't got one and will undoubtedly fall into the category of "devoted army of souls" who will stand by something "because it has a PS logo on it"! I don't regret this though, as I have had years of outstanding gaming fun on consoles made by Sony.

Having said that if I see that the PS3 games aren't up to the standard of those on another console I will look into switching.
Old 31-08-2006, 09:27 PM

Work Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At least you thought about it Sheriff.

If the PS3 is as good as the hype (and I don't believe the PS2 ever was) then I will get one - simple.
Old 31-08-2006, 09:38 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc4ever
What I mean, as someone has already posted its the comfortable familiarity with the system, i,e joy pad.
The PS pad is awful tho...really uncomfortable compared with the 360 pad imho
Old 31-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Dogbert's Tech Support

Location: Just this side of sanity, clinging on for dear life
Mrs Neil is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by sheriff
No PS owning person gives a rat's ass that this is not original sony innovation. Just so long as it improves their gaming experience.

All this said and my clear loyalty/bias towards Sony, I cannot tell you how close I have been/was/am to buying a 360. I think the console looks incredible (cosmetically) Easy and fantastic online capailities and it is on the market now. Also I will go on record as saying that the 10 minutes I played of COD2 were probably the most fun I have ever had on a video game ever!
At the end of the day I still haven't got one and will undoubtedly fall into the category of "devoted army of souls" who will stand by something "because it has a PS logo on it"! I don't regret this though, as I have had years of outstanding gaming fun on consoles made by Sony.

Having said that if I see that the PS3 games aren't up to the standard of those on another console I will look into switching.
Really good post

My personal feeling (I've probably not been able to articulate it properly before) is that the PS3 won't improve my gaming experience, so it's a waste of £400, which is a lot of money. I need to be entertained and engaged by a game as much as I would by reading a book, and I don't enjoy sports or fps games as a general rule (probably a stereotypical "girl" gamer ). Nintendo and Microsoft give me games that are either long, in-depth stories that I can immerse myself in for hours (Zelda, Mario etc) or quick pick-up-and-play games that are disposable but fun (Cloning Clyde, Uno, Donkey Konga ).

However, the fact that you are prepared to buy a PS3 because it's been the best console for you is totally sensible - I hope that you enjoy it as much as the others!
Old 04-09-2006, 05:06 PM
What?

sheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Neil
Really good post

(probably a stereotypical "girl" gamer ). Nintendo and Microsoft give me games that are either long, in-depth stories that I can immerse myself in for hours (Zelda, Mario etc) or quick pick-up-and-play games that are disposable but fun (Cloning Clyde, Uno, Donkey Konga ).

I hope that you enjoy it as much as the others!
Thanks!

Totally agree with ya. Nintendo are the absolute kings of games of the animated story type. If that is your thing then it is without doubt that you are in good hands with a Wii.

Even since I last posted on this thread I have wrestled with myself whether or not to just take the plunge an go an get a 360.
The thought of being bitch slapped by my gfriend for spending holiday money was only just enough of a deterrent!!
Old 04-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Even since I last posted on this thread I have wrestled with myself whether or not to just take the plunge an go an get a 360.
The thought of being bitch slapped by my gfriend for spending holiday money was only just enough of a deterrent!!
Come on sheriff - take the plunge! Are you a man or a mouse??

(squeak)

Old 04-09-2006, 07:53 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Thanks!

Totally agree with ya. Nintendo are the absolute kings of games of the animated story type. If that is your thing then it is without doubt that you are in good hands with a Wii.

Don't do it. Wait for Wii or PS3. 360's aren't all that.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina

Last edited by greybot; 04-09-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by greybot
Don't do it. Wait for Wii or PS3. 360's aren't all that.
Shame on you greybot.

The 360 is possibly the best console I have played in many a year - probably since the N64.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:10 PM

Kiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i personally cant wait for release of Dead Rising on Xbox 360 on Thursday..only got one 360 game in "topspin 2" but it does look rather good ...

Ps3's do look rather expensive and i prefer design of 360...personally i dont recon sony can compete with Microsofts power and technology..
Old 04-09-2006, 08:22 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Until anyone has played the PS3 or Wii we can't say which is best really. As for my own personal experiences I've had lots of trouble with it since I bought it in February. A few reasons outlined below.

It sounds louder than your refrigerator before the cd is even running. This is annoying because it makes a humming noise and my living area isn't huge and I have a wooden floor that carries the sound. The noisiest console to date

When you do put in "some" games (oblivon and Ghost Recon to name a few) sound like a jet engine about to take off. Have to have your surround sound on mad loud to drown it out, yet during those quiet moments in shoot 'em ups, you still can't hear someone creeping up on you.

I complained to xbox 360 and they said they would put in a quieter drive (they had started replacing the old cd drives with quiet samsung drives). When it returned it made no difference and now made a scratching noise every now and again. Also the 360 the usb slider door was broken when they returned it.

The USB wireless adapter only turns on when I plug it in when the machine is on. A minor inconvenience but an inconvenience nevertheless. Asked 360 support about this and they said all 360's have the fault and they consider it too many to repair. So great, when I want to go on live I have to turn my xbox 360 on and off about 3 or 4 times for the adapter to turn on.

The most popular games on the 360 are call of duty 2 which is a carbon copy of the PC version and Pro Evo 5 which is an xbox game running on the 360.

Some games seriously lag still and connection drop outs occur because of bad programming. (The headsets using up too much bandwidth, when loading a game). I have a 2mb internet connection and was told by 360 support I should upgrade to at least 4mb.

My 360 has started to crash about a month ago if I try to go from a game into the user interface. This is a common problem for almost all 360 users, that have had their machine on for longer than 5 hours (overheating problem), the support team told me and they won't replace my 360 again.

You can't move the console while it's on or it will scratch your games. A warning label should have been attached to the 360 at least, or a better design. It won't read the games either then. Sometimes it doesn't even recognise games that are not scratched.

I've had it replaced once!

Bring on the PS3 so I can shoot that down

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 05-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Exploring....

Whereas I've had no problems at all with mine.

Go figure.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:33 PM
What?

Sounds like you have been unfortunate greybot!
My guess would be that there are more ppl with Neil's view than your's. Not to disrespect you or take away from what you are sayin mind! I would probably be inclined to agree with you on the PES thing. As for the COD thing, doesnt matter if its a copy as long as it is quality!

I dunno, honestly this is such a big call. We are talking about change of a monumental proportion!

As for man or mouse...

I'm a 6ft3 20 stone .......mouse

Last edited by sheriff; 05-09-2006 at 05:37 PM.