Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Something About Airplanes

Batsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravity
Just get a 360 mate. Gamestation do a premium pack with COD2 for £279. With the money you are saving put towards a HDTV.

Old 06-09-2006, 06:49 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by sheriff
I dunno, honestly this is such a big call. We are talking about change of a monumental proportion!

As for man or mouse...

I'm a 6ft3 20 stone .......mouse

Go for it sheriff, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. I was going to reply to greybot's post bit by bit, but tbh, I couldn't be arsed. He is painting a bleak picture of what is such a fantastic console, it shocks me.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:58 AM
What?

sheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Maybe when Im back from holiday I will have to have a look and see.
Thks batsta thats the kind of thing i would get.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:18 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by greybot
My 360 has started to crash about a month ago if I try to go from a game into the user interface. This is a common problem for almost all 360 users, that have had their machine on for longer than 5 hours (overheating problem), the support team told me and they won't replace my 360 again.

You can't move the console while it's on or it will scratch your games. A warning label should have been attached to the 360 at least, or a better design. It won't read the games either then. Sometimes it doesn't even recognise games that are not scratched.
Not something I've ever experienced, but the game scratching problem existed on the PS2, and will exist on the PS3. And as for most games lagging, it's hugely dependent on the game, and let's not get into comparisons with the PS2's online experience.

With the bleeding edge that Sony are sitting on with the PS3 (custom CPU, custom disc format), do you honestly think that it'll be that much more reliable than the 360? I had to exchange two faulty PS2's within 2 months of getting mine originally.

I'm usually a launch day buyer of consoles - I refused to preorder the 360 initially, but I had broken by this time last year, and don't regret it one bit - with the Live service Microsoft are slowly pushing the boundaries of games.

But Sony have lost me on the PS3 - over £400 for a new console seemingly without any original, exclusive, compelling content for launch at the moment. I'll leave the scrum at the shops for everyone else, and just enjoy the excellent second generation games that are coming out now for the 360. Gears of War, Dead Rising, Just Cause, Saints Row, Forza 2...
Old 06-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil
Whereas I've had no problems at all with mine.

Go figure.
ditto.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:41 AM
Dogbert's Tech Support

Location: Just this side of sanity, clinging on for dear life
Mrs Neil is playing for a contract
From BBC Website:

PlayStation 3 Euro launch delayed

The launch of Sony's long-awaited PlayStation 3 games console in Europe has been delayed until March 2007.

Ken Kutaragi, head of Sony's global computer entertainment division, said the machine would still be launched in November in the US and in Japan.

Mr Kutaragi blamed the European delay on problems in mass producing elements of the high-definition Blu-ray disc drives in the machines.

Sony said it still aimed to ship six million new PlayStations by March.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:53 AM

Shane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Neil
From BBC Website:

The launch of Sony's long-awaited PlayStation 3 games console in Europe has been delayed until March 2007.

Ken Kutaragi, head of Sony's global computer entertainment division, said the machine would still be launched in November in the US and in Japan.

Mr Kutaragi blamed the European delay on problems in mass producing elements of the high-definition Blu-ray disc drives in the machines.

This does make me laugh though. You just knew all along that Sony weren't going to make an ambitious global launch target so why did they bother???

It's amazing that we in Europe have to wait though isn't it

It looks to me that they attempted to copy Microsoft with the 360 launch and ended up looking stupid for it.

Still, look on the brightside as it leaves me with more money to spend on the Wii and games for the 360
Old 06-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Palace121

I'm willing to make a bet with anyone on here that the PS3 will be the biggest console around this time next year.
I'm glad I accepted this bet.

Looks like Sony will have about 5 months to beat xbox sales.

Can't see that happening really
Old 06-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Having an off day

Ferris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Annoyed for two reasons
1) Delays another 360 price reduction
2) Wii shortages more likely over christmas

Other than that I couldn't be happier that the inevitable has happened. Sony are treating consumers so badly trying to force then into Blu-Ray.

95% of PlayStation 3 purchasers do not need or want High Definition DVD at this time.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:45 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
From BBC Website:

having waited well over a year i like other playstation fans will be pi$$ed off at having to wait long in 2007 i will now look strongly at other consoles. Nintendos new machine does interest me, fond memories of growing up addicted to the Super Nintendo may guide me back
Old 06-09-2006, 10:30 AM
The Don

Thorntan heath can hear the fans-a-chantingThorntan heath can hear the fans-a-chantingThorntan heath can hear the fans-a-chantingThorntan heath can hear the fans-a-chantingThorntan heath can hear the fans-a-chantingThorntan heath can hear the fans-a-chantingThorntan heath can hear the fans-a-chanting
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 06-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
From BBC Website:

Sony screws Europe again - what a surprise. Lots of 360's and Wii's going to be bought as presents this Christmas now!

Marvellous.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:41 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by JAS78
having waited well over a year i like other playstation fans will be pi$$ed off at having to wait long in 2007 i will now look strongly at other consoles. Nintendos new machine does interest me, fond memories of growing up addicted to the Super Nintendo may guide me back
What might interest you is that Nintendo is looking at making its whole back catalogue available to download on to the machine. What I have seen by the 360 has impressed me but only being able to afford one console for now the Wii will win hands down for now. With the release date announced on september 14 I have a feeling that the Wii won't be to far off. They have a history of making announcements just before the actual release. I am pleased with the way Nintendo have handled it to. No dates made years before just quietly getting on with it.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:02 AM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

They've really ••••ed it up this time

Stupid bastards...
Old 06-09-2006, 11:08 AM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

I'll be getting my 360 next month now, fer sure
Old 06-09-2006, 11:08 AM

Zimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weed
Quote:
Originally posted by sheriff
Thanks!

Totally agree with ya. Nintendo are the absolute kings of games of the animated story type. If that is your thing then it is without doubt that you are in good hands with a Wii.

Even since I last posted on this thread I have wrestled with myself whether or not to just take the plunge an go an get a 360.
The thought of being bitch slapped by my gfriend for spending holiday money was only just enough of a deterrent!!
Solution:

Buy a 360 now (with a copy of GRAW and Table Tennis ) Pre-order a PS3. Due an inevitable lack of supply and ridiculously high demand, double your money by selling one on ebay. Wait a while to see how it does, what games are released etc. This way you have enough money to buy a PS3 and have a 360! OR enough to buy an LCD screen with vga inputs and appropriate resolution for Hi-Def gaming.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:11 AM

Shane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You know what, the more I think about it the more pleased I am about the delay.

It will mean that with the Wii launching and not going to head to head with the PS3, the Wii will get the attention it is going to deserve.

I am still going to get the PS3 but I really do think that if Sony had launched here around the same as the Wii that my wallet would have died....!
I dread to think how much it is going to cost to import a PS3 so I'll hold off thanks.

Still shoddy treatment of Europeans though it must be said.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Eep! Woot!

Quote:
Originally posted by Zimmer
Solution:

Buy a 360 now (with a copy of GRAW and Table Tennis ) Pre-order a PS3. Due an inevitable lack of supply and ridiculously high demand, double your money by selling one on ebay. Wait a while to see how it does, what games are released etc. This way you have enough money to buy a PS3 and have a 360! OR enough to buy an LCD screen with vga inputs and appropriate resolution for Hi-Def gaming.

good plan
Old 06-09-2006, 12:01 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomo
What might interest you is that Nintendo is looking at making its whole back catalogue available to download on to the machine. What I have seen by the 360 has impressed me but only being able to afford one console for now the Wii will win hands down for now. With the release date announced on september 14 I have a feeling that the Wii won't be to far off. They have a history of making announcements just before the actual release. I am pleased with the way Nintendo have handled it to. No dates made years before just quietly getting on with it.
being able to download old games will be interesting, they've had some classic games out for their consoles in the past
Old 06-09-2006, 12:28 PM

Zimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weed
I think there are plans to download the entire Sega back catalogue as well.