Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 16-11-2006, 11:16 PM

Rob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses grow
Flying games & Simulators

Never really been in to them...but!

Just got Blazing Angels from Ubisoft, and have downloaded the Microsoft FSX Demo.

Who flies a plane for 20 hours real time to land in Auckland?

Are joysticks best? Are there any flying games that are exciting?...should we play- 4-4-3?

Who likes flying?

'...Come On You EAGLES!!!!'

'Optimist Of The Year' Nominated by
Steve Stammers (Sunday Mirror)

http://www.robfox.info
Old 17-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rob, there is no contest, IL2 Sturmovik series - full on WW2 dogfighting with brilliant graphics, flight modeling and damage modeling. Project yourself into WW2 online and fly practically every aircraft that was in service - it's brilliant. Includes Pacific, European and African theatre's. Here's a link on the best way to set it up because the series has a few addon packs and patches included now (you need them to match servers for online play)

(you may need to register)
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Here's the main site.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I use a Saitek X52 flightstick set and would like to build some rudder pedals but haven't bothered yet. You can get something to do the job easily for about £30, all you need to ensure is that it has an analogue rudder control (usually a 'twist grip') or you won't manage to land a thing
Old 17-11-2006, 12:36 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If you have a 360 then get blazing angels on that, it's top quality although the story mode is really short. Co-op mode online is brilliant.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 17-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In game graphics (vary according to users machine settings)

Old 17-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
I flying games/simulators.

Flight Sim is great when you include add-ons, such as the Concorde add-on, the 707 add-on, the 737-X series add-on and ground textures.

The ubisoft fighter series are also brilliant, Sturmovik and the more modern Lock On: Modern Air Combat.
Old 18-11-2006, 11:26 PM

Rob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses grow
Got home from the game and celebrated a bit!

Then, about 20 minutes ago I'd thought I'd play some Blazing angels...........I'm still in the training mode btw!!

Anyways, I've had to come off as I feel soooooo sick, my stomachs going up and down all over the place, just like real air sickness!!!

"San, pass me the bag pet, there's a good girl!!"

'...Come On You EAGLES!!!!'

'Optimist Of The Year' Nominated by
Steve Stammers (Sunday Mirror)

http://www.robfox.info
Old 19-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Air Attack used to be the dogs, a bit arcadey for the anoraks but spent a good few hours playing it. I think it still survives on a Korean Server.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:13 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Any updated suggestions on the best flight simulator to get for iPhone / iPad ?

Not really interested in fantasizing that I'm a WW2 ace trying to shoot someone down - just the best experience of taking-off and landing a real plane.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Any updated suggestions on the best flight simulator to get for iPhone / iPad ?

Not really interested in fantasizing that I'm a WW2 ace trying to shoot someone down - just the best experience of taking-off and landing a real plane.
Infinite Flight or X Plane are your best options. You won't get a huge amount of detail but it'll do the job
Old 03-02-2016, 02:48 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Many thanks, RDSdaEAGLE !

Someone in the real world has mentioned something beginning with a "Q" - does that mean anything to you ?
Old 04-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Sans Peur

Quote:

Someone in the real world has mentioned something beginning with a "Q" - does that mean anything to you ?
Hmmm, I can't think of one by that name.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:10 PM

OK thanks. When I next see him, I'll ask him, just for the benefit of the readership of this thread. Er, i.e., you and me !
Old 05-02-2016, 02:18 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
The Xbox One is crying out for flying games.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

people in the real world are not to be trusted