Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 19-06-2007, 11:57 AM

CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0
.nrg files

Anyone know how you can convert these to dvd format ?

I have googled .nrg files and found out they are nero files. I have version 7 so used nero to "make a dvd" by dragging and dropping all of the files. The pic is fine but the sound is all over the place - just a horrible screechy sound.

Anyone have any ideas ? I'm sure paf will swing to the rescue any moment..........
Old 19-06-2007, 12:06 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
if it;s corerct, you should just double click it and Nero will remake the image, it's the nero equivalent on .ISO.

Try ISObuster to get into the contents if all else fails.
Old 19-06-2007, 08:24 PM

CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0
Quote:
Originally posted by paf
if it;s corerct, you should just double click it and Nero will remake the image, it's the nero equivalent on .ISO.

Try ISObuster to get into the contents if all else fails.
When I double click one of the files it says Windows cannot open the file and gives me an option to open with a diff program. Unsure which part of Nero to open files with - Nero Showtime Essentials or Nero Express Essentials. If I use Showtime the file plays and the .nrg icon changes to a Nero one. I tried highlighting all files and doing this but it is then asking me which prog to use to open about 80 times (80 files). I'm still lost here as to how to make this a dvd or image file so I can burn it to disc ? Help !
Old 20-06-2007, 07:07 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally posted by CoolHandFlex
When I double click one of the files it says Windows cannot open the file and gives me an option to open with a diff program. Unsure which part of Nero to open files with - Nero Showtime Essentials or Nero Express Essentials. If I use Showtime the file plays and the .nrg icon changes to a Nero one. I tried highlighting all files and doing this but it is then asking me which prog to use to open about 80 times (80 files). I'm still lost here as to how to make this a dvd or image file so I can burn it to disc ? Help !
You need to open it with Nero Burning Rom.

Open Nero, then use that to open the file. It should then burn the original image back. Then you can take the original image and convert that to a DVD, you will encounter problems if you try and convert the image straight to DVD without unbundling it first.

does that make sense?
Old 22-06-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by paf
You need to open it with Nero Burning Rom.

Open Nero, then use that to open the file. It should then burn the original image back. Then you can take the original image and convert that to a DVD, you will encounter problems if you try and convert the image straight to DVD without unbundling it first.

does that make sense?
Nope still not working. I now have loads and loads of .nrg files and about 5 at the top with little either Nero Express Essentials or Nero Showtime Essentials next to it. The ST Essential files play when I double click them but the Ex Essenial ones just say "Unexpected Format" when I double click them. The 75 odd .nrg files are asking what file I use to open them. I am confused. Am I using the right program ? Nero StartSmart Essentials ?

All my other downloads have appeared as an ISO or an image file so I do not understand why these are .nrg files. Didnt say anything about this in the NFO beforehand.
Old 22-06-2007, 11:40 AM
snootchie bootchies

I dont know what any of those Nero products are, I only use the full Nero burning rom. Showtime is a media player?

Download imgburn and that wil burn them (if they are correct), is free and rather excellent.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-06-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by paf
I dont know what any of those Nero products are, I only use the full Nero burning rom. Showtime is a media player?

Download imgburn and that wil burn them (if they are correct), is free and rather excellent.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Yep I have Imgburn already - do I put it in build mode ? Have tried that and highlighted all of the .nrg files, clicked build, told it to put result in a certain folder and nothing happens.

As Partridge would say, "it's all.........a pain in the arse !"
Old 23-06-2007, 03:38 PM

FFS - I deleted Nero 7 from my PC and all of the .nrg files were in the same format after doing that. I then used imgburn to BUILD an ISO which it did. So that I right clicked the ISO and selected BURN using imgburn so it burnt the image to disc in the usual way. When I put the disc in all that loads up is a window with all of the .nrg files on it plus the ISO - looks like it has made a data disc unless I am mistaken.

I am gonna lob this pc out of the window in a minute. Another wasted dvd x 100000