Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:12 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Oh and another reason is that Mac users have their very own thread on the BBS

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 20-11-2007, 05:12 PM

Dave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heart
Ok, just noticed on the refurbished section of the Apple store that Macs are up there, the basic 80 GB model for £600, and the 120GB for £700.

I think i'll be buying one tonight!

Just a few more questions; firstly, are refurbished products as good as new, ie am i likely to find loads of scratches all over the casing and what-not? is leopard pre-installed?

Also, will I have to buy a router and plug it into my current pc in order to gain internet access for the mac? which do you recommend? (sorry that i am not the most educated when it comes to these things!)

and finally, the killer question, which is the better deal? is paying the extra £100 worth it?

Last edited by Dave The Eagle; 20-11-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 22-11-2007, 12:39 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave The Eagle
Ok, just noticed on the refurbished section of the Apple store that Macs are up there, the basic 80 GB model for £600, and the 120GB for £700.

I think i'll be buying one tonight!

Just a few more questions; firstly, are refurbished products as good as new, ie am i likely to find loads of scratches all over the casing and what-not? is leopard pre-installed?

Also, will I have to buy a router and plug it into my current pc in order to gain internet access for the mac? which do you recommend? (sorry that i am not the most educated when it comes to these things!)

and finally, the killer question, which is the better deal? is paying the extra £100 worth it?
I have only seen two reburb Macs and they both seemed to be "brand new"

Your best bet is to get a wirless router and either plug you PC in directly and go Wireless on you MAC or go Wireless on both. I use a Netgear I have used a Dlink they all seem work fine maybe others here can help you with that.

I've not seen the spec of the reburbs but dont forget with a new one you get leopard and you have the latest spec which is worth a bit extra. Dont forget you can save by either using the education discount or buying through Quidco or best of all if you know someone who is flying get them to pick one up at the airport ( see the MAC Thread for the link from Ridcully)

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 22-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Go for a Mac, you'll wonder why you ever bothered with Windows before
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...
Old 23-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Rollercoaster rider

RednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have purchased three 'refurb' Macs - for myself and my two sons and they were just like new.
Old 23-11-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RednBlue
I have purchased three 'refurb' Macs - for myself and my two sons and they were just like new.
Did you get them with tiger and if so can you get the £5 deal to upgrade to leopard?

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 24-11-2007, 12:20 AM

Dave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heart
Update: got the 120 gig mac, am very happy with purchase at the mo.

Just waiting for my upgraded orange livebox to be delivered so i can setup the wireless, cant really work out how to do anything yet, what is there to discover without t'internet?
Old 24-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
1. This proves many students are hardly 'impoverished'.

2. It will be stolen soon, so why bother?

To continue a long debate from elsewhere, PCs don't have to have this Windows thing.

The tide is turning for Apple maybe?. The shitty service that several friends have had from them recently (and crappy hardware) - the years ahead may see a backlash.
Old 24-11-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ebyeeckeagle
1. This proves many students are hardly 'impoverished'.

2. It will be stolen soon, so why bother?

To continue a long debate from elsewhere, PCs don't have to have this Windows thing.

The tide is turning for Apple maybe?. The shitty service that several friends have had from them recently (and crappy hardware) - the years ahead may see a backlash.
Had nothing but excellent service from them and think the hardware is brilliant. However as Linux seems to be getting more "mainstream" everyone will buck up their ideas. I saw a great looking flash based ASUS mini laptop the other day. Very tempted to ask Santa

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018