Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 27-11-2007, 05:59 PM
No longer a student

StudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by se1eagle
True - it is their own fault. The launch delay and the post-launch software delays have really sucked. Even so, it's patently misleading to compare total 360 sales to total PS3 sales when the 360 has been out for twice as long.
Again agreed. My personal view is they're two good machines each with their strengths and weaknesses. The 360 is sorting its hardware issues with the newer versions, the PS3 is gradually building up a decent games catalogue. If I could afford it I'd have both, though by the time that happens, we'll probably be onto the 720 or whatever they'll call it.

Strava profile
Old 27-11-2007, 08:36 PM

Work Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Did you get that article from To view the link you have to Register or Login

Disregarding the hardware sales argument where are the games? Stil not really anything nailed on brilliant is there.
Old 27-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It is early days and time will tell I guess. Not that impressed with jx's posted list really. It is all about the games, and for me, there's not enough to excite me at the moment (that isn't already out on 360). Mind you, Super Stardust HD is close to being one of the best games I have played this year.

If only I could justify the cost of that game against the overly-priced hardware (talking about the 60 gig version before anyone mentions the price drop).

An Smith Eagle, do you have any other arguments mate - it's starting to get real old, real quick.
Old 27-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
the real advantage of online PS3 being free is that MS will do it on xBox soon
Old 27-11-2007, 10:37 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Buy a Wii
Old 27-11-2007, 11:35 PM

SmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil
XBox 360 - it's starting to get real old, real quick.
Old 28-11-2007, 12:32 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
it looks better than a 360.
I don't think it does. I'm staring at mine now (btw I bought one the other day as a dvd/Blueray player). It looks good from the top unfortunately the base is really quite high and does make it look exactly like a slightly raised George Foreman grill.

Oh and on Jx's point 5 the 40Gb PS3 is'nt PS2 compatible. I did make a point of getting a 60Gb to leave my options open and I will say that God of War is a very good game I must say given the kicking Sony gave MS over backwards compatibility I have to say I'm not too impressed with their gradual dumping of a core differentiator (especially after the PR rubbish they spouted) then denying new PS3 owners the chance to play some decent games.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 28-11-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old 28-11-2007, 12:38 AM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
I'm going to get one for Christmas, nearly everything seems to be coming out on both now anyway with the exclusives more sided to the PS3 as we move forward. Doesn't seem to be that much in them but most of my mates have now swapped to the PS3.
Old 28-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by SmithEagle
Grow up.
Old 28-11-2007, 08:20 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally posted by Ridcully
I'm going to get one for Christmas, nearly everything seems to be coming out on both now anyway with the exclusives more sided to the PS3 as we move forward. Doesn't seem to be that much in them but most of my mates have now swapped to the PS3.
Not one of my pals (away from the BBS) has a PS3. The only person I know who has one is my mates dealer, I had a go on Virtua Tennis, it was rubbish.

Still not a single title I want. Still not a single blu-ray I want.

Old 28-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Exploring....

Quote:
Make sure you get Super Stardust HD. Don't bother with Resistance or Motorstorm (unless you like single player racing).

MLB07 - The Show is good too.
Old 28-11-2007, 08:48 AM
BBS FA

cpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Quote:
Originally posted by SmithEagle
11. Doesn't break down after a few months of play.
12. Doesn't need to be sent back for a couple of weeks for repair within the first year.
This is the big plus for the PS3, havn't had any problems, yet my 360 is always having problems.
Old 28-11-2007, 08:54 AM
BBS FA

cpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
There still arn't enough exclusives of the PS3, although unchartered, Heavenly Sword and Haze are worth a go. And the multi format games are really good so it's not that bad on the games front.

But paf most of the new films out are on blu-ray, so what films do you want?

Last edited by cpfc4ever; 28-11-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Old 28-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Exploring....

Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc4ever
This is the big plus for the PS3, havn't had any problems, yet my 360 is always having problems.
Always?

Overstatement perhaps?
Old 28-11-2007, 09:05 AM

Work Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Maddness.

When the exclusives come out, and when said exclusives prove to be anything other than mediocre to good, then maybe it will be a worthwhile investment.

Until then, unless you are obsessed with HD films, it remains an investment in hope that the games situation will improve.

God knows what drove your mates to convert at this stage. There is really no compelling argument (HD films aside).
Old 28-11-2007, 09:13 AM

jx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittens
These arent my points by the way i was just quoting a website as stated at the start.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=olm7xC-gBMY
Old 28-11-2007, 09:15 AM

jx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittens
Quote:
Make sure you get Super Stardust HD. Don't bother with Resistance or Motorstorm (unless you like single player racing).

MLB07 - The Show is good too.
Resistance is a brilliant game. There wont be too many people on it online now though.

Old 28-11-2007, 09:17 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc4ever

But paf most of the new films out are on blu-ray, so what films do you want?
Kevin Smith movies through the Weinstein Company (miramax) HD DVD only.
Old 28-11-2007, 09:25 AM

In reply to the posts that say there isnt enough on the PS3 to "excite" anyone in terms of games the same could be said about the 360. 90% of all games especially major franchises are released on both. But Warhawk, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Haze, Unchartered, Ratchet and Clank, GT5, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, The Getaway, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Singstar, Buzz, Unreal Tournament, NBA '08, God Of War III are all good or future exclusives.

Old 28-11-2007, 10:17 AM

Slough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Always?

Overstatement perhaps?
But IMHO has to be said time & time again, just like PS3 being very poor online (having tested it with Louis1974 and others).
But for me the one you can get away with is online being crap, because at least you can have a machine left to play with.
I know they (Microsoft) have bought out a newer model, and have extended the warrenty to 3yrs....but still am I going to get a V2 machine when my xbox fails in the next year?
As for the games on the PS3, Motorstrom is brilliant (offline, v poor online), Uncharted is looking good, I played a demo of PES2008 and I have to say played better on the PS3 (may have to get this on both consoles-still dont like the shoulder buttons though), my little boy isjust loving Rachet and Clank (which is the best next-gen game graphically I've seen). I've only memtioned the games I've played, others think RFOM is good online but I traded that straight away....much better FPS on the 360.
I think as always its all about what you want out of a console....online gaming 360, movies/general gaming PS3.