Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 28-11-2007, 02:56 PM

jx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittens
Quote:
Originally posted by Newts G
I could not give a toss which is better or which is worse in all honesty. I have a 360 and a Wii, I know how good they both are, I know I got them before the ps3 was out so now there is no need for a ps3, ever. Who's fault is that?
I'm not sure if Sony would expect all 360 owners to get a PS3 aswell. If I had a 360 that was working well and i was enjoying the games i probably wouldnt have got a PS3. Although I did know i wanted a PS3 before it came out. Its release just happened to coincide with a time when i had a bit of money put together and decided to take the leap into next gen gaming.

I dont understand when 360 cuss down the PS3 saying things like. It doesnt have anything that attracts me and things like that. surely owning 2 next gen consoles takes up alot of money unless you relativley rich!

I'll have a chicken pizza, and you have ham and pineapple but dont slate down my chicken pizza

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=olm7xC-gBMY
Old 28-11-2007, 02:59 PM

Slough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by jx2384

I dont understand when 360 cuss down the PS3 saying things like. It doesnt have anything that attracts me and things like that. surely owning 2 next gen consoles takes up alot of money unless you relativley rich!
I'm not rich, also can you explain the word cuss to me....I've heard it a few times without knowing its meaning .
And is cuss the same as diss?
Old 28-11-2007, 03:26 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally posted by Slough Eagle
I'm not rich, also can you explain the word cuss to me....I've heard it a few times without knowing its meaning .
And is cuss the same as diss?
Cuss is yankie for swearing innit
Old 28-11-2007, 03:29 PM

Slough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
Cuss is yankie for swearing innit
I knew you would answer ..... moth to the flame
Old 28-11-2007, 03:30 PM

Work Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's not cussing the PS3. Personally I take issue with the slavish adherence to all things PS from people that "knew they wanted a PS3 before it came out". I have always found this attitude amusing and frustrating in equal measure, although I accept that with the increased installed user base for the xbox that this epidemic is becoming far more prevalent with the MS machine.

That alongside the fact that, according to metacritic, four of the five highest rated games on the PS3 are cross platform (COD4 / Oblivion / Rock Band) or a tarted up port of an original xbox game (Ninja Gaiden Sigma). Ratchet and Clank being the only exclusive that is currently performing at a significant level.

I always thought that the bleating from the PS3 camp was by and large a result of those that lived on in the mistaken belief that all things Sony touched would turn to gold, and were too embarrassed to admit that they were wrong - it's only reason I can see that people are actually parting with money for (and championing) the George Foreman grill at this time.
Old 28-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Work Shy Eagle
It's not cussing the PS3.

the George Foreman grill at this time.

Quote:
That alongside the fact that, according to metacritic, four of the five highest rated games on the PS3 are cross platform (COD4 / Oblivion / Rock Band) or a tarted up port of an original xbox game (Ninja Gaiden Sigma). Ratchet and Clank being the only exclusive that is currently performing at a significant level.
You could say the same about the 360 - only Bioshock and Gears of War are exclusives. What does that prove? Not a lot. There are great 360 exclusives not in the top 5 and there are great PS3 exclusives that aren't in the top 5, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Singstar, Uncharted etc
Old 28-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I'm not sure if Sony would expect all 360 owners to get a PS3 aswell. If I had a 360 that was working well and i was enjoying the games i probably wouldnt have got a PS3.
That is the point I was making.

If the PS3 had been released at the same time as the 360 I am sure that it would of sold a lot more, however since there was no competition when the 360 was released most previous sony owners went to get a 360 rather than wait for the next gen Playstation. The market is only so big, which is why I doubt that the Ps3 will make the level of the other 2 because the market is simply not big enough.

The wii has done well because it is so different. People who have never owned a console have bought them, rightly so too in my opinion.

If the ps3 makes the total sales of the 360 ever I would be suprised, if it does then fair play to sony, however I do wonder how many people now dont own a next gen console that actually want one and also how many more units they would of sold if they had released nearer the time of the 360.
Old 28-11-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Newts G
That is the point I was making.

The wii has done well because it is so different. People who have never owned a console have bought them, rightly so too in my opinion.
Good point made here, also the adverts makes it seem (which it is) easy and fun to play for all the family.
Old 28-11-2007, 03:53 PM

Work Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ahh - caught out. Very good. My only excuse being that with enough shite flying in from PS3 fans you get dragged down to their level eventually - that and I think it's quite an amusing comparison.

As for the games - you are probably right, although The Orange Box is of course a timed exclusive and we had Oblivion for a verrrry long time before it debuted as the greatest thing since sliced bread on the PS3.

And would you really want to invest that sort of money in hardware that can't even do a decent steak?
Old 28-11-2007, 03:57 PM

jx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittens
Quote:
Oblivion for a verrrry long time before it debuted as the greatest thing since sliced bread on the PS3.
In whose opinion?

Old 28-11-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:

And would you really want to invest that sort of money in hardware that can't even do a decent steak?
True...as we know the 360 are frying plenty of chips...right
No sorry left...right...uuummm go...
Old 28-11-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
In whose opinion?
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Up until the release of COD4 it was the most highly rated game from a cross section of sources. Now it is merely second.
Old 28-11-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Slough Eagle
True...as we know the 360 are frying plenty of chips...right
No sorry left...right...uuummm go...

Very good Paul.
Old 28-11-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:

Up until the release of COD4 it was the most highly rated game from a cross section of sources. Now it is merely second.
Well its not my type of game i couldnt care less about it.

Old 28-11-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Well its not my type of game i couldnt care less about it.
Balanced and informative - I like it
Old 28-11-2007, 04:17 PM

like basing the opinion of PS3 owners gaming preferances on one websites review.

Old 28-11-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
like basing the opinion of PS3 owners gaming preferances on one websites review.

Try clicking on the link again fella - it's scores are based on a wide range of review sites / magazines including Official PS3 publications and independants like Edge amongst many others.

I am prepared to be proved wrong but I do not believe that they do their own reviews - more so they act as a Price Comparison site insofar as you are able to quickly guage the popularity of a game that you are thinking of buying by looking at a lot of reviews, maybe placing the emphasis on those that you trust.

Now that IS balanced and informative.
Old 28-11-2007, 04:28 PM

I doubt it was number one for gamers in terms of sales. more of a cult title with critical acclaim

Last edited by jx2384; 28-11-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 28-11-2007, 04:34 PM

Probably not - but then I am sure that the lazy annual releases / rehashes of Fifa Street and Need For Speed will be.

Shows what a lot of the game buying public really know about quality.
Old 28-11-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Probably not - but then I am sure that the lazy annual releases / rehashes of Fifa Street and Need For Speed will be.

Shows what a lot of the game buying public really know about quality.
It has Fifa08 at 32 and PES2008 at 62, yes I fully agree fair and balanced (you knew that was coming Andy )
The one that surprises me is the MLB 07: The Show at 49, Ben and Neil both stated that this game was the best sports game on the PS3.
EDIT Fifa beats it on the 360 as well, you've found a cracking site mate......fair and balanced ...Fifa is a winner

Last edited by Slough Eagle; 28-11-2007 at 05:41 PM.