Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 28-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Heavenly Sword deserves a much higher score IMHO - I don't get what's not to like, except its brevity
Old 28-11-2007, 05:45 PM

Slough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by se1eagle
Heavenly Sword deserves a much higher score IMHO - I don't get what's not to like, except its brevity
Some may say its very samey, or short lived.
Old 28-11-2007, 05:59 PM

Work Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If you click on individual titles and scroll down you can see the reviews that have contributed to the score (with links where there the resource is online).

I use it as a resource before buying my games - I don't feel that it is particularly biased to any one console and is all the better for it.
Old 28-11-2007, 07:16 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by Work Shy Eagle
Maddness.

When the exclusives come out, and when said exclusives prove to be anything other than mediocre to good, then maybe it will be a worthwhile investment.

Until then, unless you are obsessed with HD films, it remains an investment in hope that the games situation will improve.

God knows what drove your mates to convert at this stage. There is really no compelling argument (HD films aside).
I've got a 360 and a Wii as well so its no big issue

It is about the films too though, I have a dedicated HD-DVD so to have the BluRay under the TV completes the home cinema.

I will get Mario Galaxy too hopefully. Drakes whatever its called looks pretty good.

Key thing as I've always said is that most of my mates now have traded the 360 in for one (apart from the BBSers of course)

Last edited by Ridcully; 28-11-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 28-11-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc4ever
But paf most of the new films out are on blu-ray, so what films do you want?
Personally I don't think any of the new formats will really win this war but if I had to bet on one for longevity it would be HD-DVD. Cheap PC drives already and the studios are starting to move. Sony can't subsidise the movie industry and the games industry for too long without the shareholders getting pissed off.
Old 28-11-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jx2384
Resistance is a brilliant game. There wont be too many people on it online now though.
Disagree, its shite, and Motorstorm isn't much either.
Old 29-11-2007, 08:47 AM
BBS FA

cpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againcpfc4ever lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Quote:
Originally posted by Ridcully
Disagree, its shite, and Motorstorm isn't much either.
First couple of levels are a bit boring, but once you get into it, it's not a bad game.

Not a touch on COD4 though, now that is an amazing game.
Old 29-11-2007, 12:30 PM
When Geoff Goes Up...

Palace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally posted by red&blue_moomin
I don't think it does. I'm staring at mine now (btw I bought one the other day as a dvd/Blueray player). It looks good from the top unfortunately the base is really quite high and does make it look exactly like a slightly raised George Foreman grill.

Ha ha that is very very true. It is quite big and heavy, but I havent tried cooking steak on it yet? Should i?

Stockport (A) Year 2001
Old 29-11-2007, 12:32 PM
When Geoff Goes Up...

Palace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc4ever
First couple of levels are a bit boring, but once you get into it, it's not a bad game.

Not a touch on COD4 though, now that is an amazing game.
Apart from the controls. would be much better suited to PC keyboard.

Has anyone played COD4 on PS3 and XBOX360? Are they the same?

Stockport (A) Year 2001
Old 29-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by red&blue_moomin
I don't think it does. I'm staring at mine now (btw I bought one the other day as a dvd/Blueray player). It looks good from the top unfortunately the base is really quite high and does make it look exactly like a slightly raised George Foreman grill.

I've not seen a ps3 in real life, I just don't like the colour of the 360.
Black is best.
Old 29-11-2007, 12:36 PM
When Geoff Goes Up...

Quote:
Originally posted by Zimmer
I still stand by saying that the PS3 is just a very good cheap blu-ray player, no more.

And the PS3 exclusives list is getting shorter and shorter.
Cheap?

Stockport (A) Year 2001
Old 29-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Palace chic

kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
I've not seen a ps3 in real life, I just don't like the colour of the 360.
Black is best.
We was going to get a silver facia (i think) for ours so it goes with the telly, but the Wii is white and the V+ box is black so t'is pointless now.
Old 29-11-2007, 12:41 PM
When Geoff Goes Up...

Quote:
Originally posted by Newts G
Total sales are total sales. By the time the PS3 gets to the level of the Wii and 360 we will have a Shiite and a 720.

I could not give a toss which is better or which is worse in all honesty. I have a 360 and a Wii, I know how good they both are, I know I got them before the ps3 was out so now there is no need for a ps3, ever. Who's fault is that? Me as the consumer or Sony for not releasing their product? Basically with the other 2 consoles out there offering what they do I dont honestly see the ps3 getting to the level of the other 2.

if they do, then all credit to Sony for that.
Thats a fair point, I have a PS3 and Xbox 360 and have not really been that impressed with the games list on PS3, but interface-wise I think its good, and I mainly bought it as a blu ray player, and also for hopefully future games that might be exclusive.

Xbox 360 games are better and have a bigger exclusive list, but wasnt impressed with the hardware, and noise factor. Still waiting my replacement.

Stockport (A) Year 2001
Old 29-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Palace chic

kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
We've had ours for over a year. Though I am sure the headsets are on the way out
Old 29-11-2007, 12:45 PM

Zimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weedZimmer is AJ vs the 'weed
Quote:
Originally posted by Palace Don
Cheap?
I should clarify further; cheap for a blu-ray player. The 40gb PS3 is still the cheapest blu-ray player on the market although Samsung have recently released one for around 330.
Old 29-11-2007, 01:04 PM
When Geoff Goes Up...

Its alright I know what you meant Zimmer

Stockport (A) Year 2001
Old 30-11-2007, 10:07 AM

jx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittens
Quote:
Originally posted by paf

you get what you pay for.
Exactly! like paying a bit extra for a machine with built in wifi, 4 USB ports, changeable 40GB+ hard drive as standard, excellent build quality and reliability.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=olm7xC-gBMY
Old 30-11-2007, 10:29 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Exactly! like paying a bit extra for a machine with built in wifi, 4 USB ports, changeable 40GB+ hard drive as standard, excellent build quality and reliability.
wifi is rubbish for gaming and streaming, I have my house network hard wired. I have used the USB port once on the 360, see above. I use my hard drive for games saves, will run out in about 2023, for storage, see above. Mines broken once in 2 years, I can live with those odds. Sadly mine doesn't make healthy bacon sandwiches, but I have a real Geroge Foreman grill for that.

get bent.
Old 30-11-2007, 10:53 AM

jx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittens

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=olm7xC-gBMY
Old 30-11-2007, 11:38 AM

Work Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWork Shy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Exactly! like paying a bit extra for a machine with built in wifi, 4 USB ports, changeable 40GB+ hard drive as standard, excellent build quality and reliability and no games
Edited for accuracy - smiley as standard