Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Registered lunatic

The Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Bioshock 2

Downloading this via steam now. Hope it's as good as it's predecessor
Old 09-02-2010, 11:00 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
played a bit, more of the same, but not gone far enough to offer any real opinion or review yet, do like drilling peoples heads though.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Palace chic

kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paf
do like drilling peoples heads though.
Sold!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:19 AM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig
Downloading this via steam now. Hope it's as good as it's predecessor
Is it up for preload? Or has it actually been released?

Have it preordered on Steam too, but the reviews have been a bit disappointing - not bad, but generally around the 8/10 mark. The previews suggested it was going to be really amazing.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:24 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot
Is it up for preload? Or has it actually been released?

Have it preordered on Steam too, but the reviews have been a bit disappointing - not bad, but generally around the 8/10 mark. The previews suggested it was going to be really amazing.
Released today.

I never actually finished the first one and was planning on not bothering with the sequel... but the tv advert tempted me I must admit
Old 09-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Registered lunatic

The Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
It's...um...the same as the first one. No graphics improvements or anything either. 5/10 from me so far
Old 09-02-2010, 01:47 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig
It's...um...the same as the first one. No graphics improvements or anything either. 5/10 from me so far
Isn't it all about the story?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
From what I've read, the story isn't as great, but the combat and general gameplay have been improved upon.

Sitting on my desk as we speak - looking forward to playing tonight.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Registered lunatic

Got into it a bit more. Pretty good but it isn't really any different from the first one. It does have a multiplayer though

Anyway, i better start making my way to selhurst
Old 25-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Immense.

Played it for a good few hours and dont know how much I have done so far, hopefully not that much as it is incredible.

Similar to the first? Yes, but that was near perfection so changing it too much would give you a much lesser game.

I am a Bioshock fan, was actually expecting a let down, but I was so wrong. This game is huge and for me the best game I have played in a long time.........actually since Bioshock 1
Old 25-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It gets better. A LOT better. I found the first couple of hours a bit quiet.

Holy moly - if you loved them, you may explode during the rest of the game.

Better than the original? Hell yes.
Old 25-03-2010, 12:20 PM

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I am up to the bit where I am looking for pumping station 5 (or something like that).

I love saving the little sisters in order to setup a Big Sister battle, they are a superb addition as are Brute Splicers.

I had really lost my thirst for gaming over the past year (due to my personal situation re work) this however has reignited my interest, it is awesome.

As I say, hopefully I am nowhere near to finishing the game for the first time.
Old 25-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Exploring....

So by that description, you have done Pauper's Drop and are in Siren Alley (but not finished it yet?)
Old 25-03-2010, 12:28 PM

Yes, I have just gone into the fight with the boss after Siren Alley. I did not have time to do that bit last night.
Old 25-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Exploring....

Holy shit. It's all about to kick off.
Old 25-03-2010, 12:34 PM

Are you taking the piss neil!
Old 29-03-2010, 09:43 AM

Only got another hour of gametime over the weekend.

Some of the fights are really tough, the sheer volume and differing attacks make them usually take a couple of attempts to complete! I think I am a bit slow on the old re-energising button though to be fair!
Old 31-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Banned by Moderators

juliabros7 is playing for a contract
I just finished it last week. It was cool. Pretty easy though if you go for normal difficulty.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:51 AM

I am suprised you have said it is easy on Normal. I am finding the fights later in the game linked with gathering are extremely challenging! just the volume of splicers attacking and the amount of entrances they appear from is the main difficulty.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Exploring....

Hypnotise 2 (or 3) is your friend.