Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-12-2012, 10:27 PM

Budgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01
Really. I heard him say the things on tape during the program.

I suggest that you read the full account of what happened. Oh by the way Apollo one is not in area 51....

You should read this To view the link you have to Register or Login

[Malcolm Allison, Flamboyant manager with the fedora hat 1927 - 2010 The Eagles "Godfather" RIP

Last edited by Budgie Byrne; 12-12-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Emancipated

TheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosling
LOL X 10
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Step up and play

pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop
The answer lies in The Shinning
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Now cough, please

HOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
Most people that know me, know most things I post are pretty light hearted.

And I didn't say I didn't believe it happened. I said I'm pretty convinced it didn't happen.

There's a difference.
Barbara.

You've been on the BBS long enough to know how conspiracy theories work.

Maximum passion backed up minimum evidence.

The whole Freedman to Bolton thread became a conspiracy theory. In fact, CPFC2010 were, in some quarters, cast as duplicious, manipulative, machiavellian shysters with only a few knowing 'the real story' behind his exit. And for some that is still 'the truth'.

If enough people throw doubts then enough people will doubt.

I go back to an earlier post. There is no way they could keep 'hush-hush' a global media event like the moon landings. The words 'global' and 'media' are the giveaway.

A secret between you and me is 'do-able'. A secret between you, me and 1000+ other people is not 'do-able'.

Hell. there are enough whistleblowers in the BBC, Government, Civil Service, you name it, to know that you can't hide something like that indefinately.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 PM
CMAM

jone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The USSR would have made more of it if there had been any faking believe me. Why cant all the net geeks just accept facts plus the technology that was developed that to enable them to question it LOL

Babs disappointed at you tonight

Mayor of CarshaltON
Old 12-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie Byrne
Oh by the way Apollo one is not in area 51....
It's not???!!???
Next you'll be telling us there's no UFO's there either
Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 PM

Budgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace
It's not???!!???
Next you'll be telling us there's no UFO's there either
No I expect there are some UFO's there, but they may not be alien

[Malcolm Allison, Flamboyant manager with the fedora hat 1927 - 2010 The Eagles "Godfather" RIP
Old 12-12-2012, 10:36 PM

garronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudge
LOL X 10

Dont Barbara, their all picking on me
Old 12-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Emancipated

TheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I'm going to bed now but I will leave you with this thought.
It's easy to make a convincing case for anything with a one sided TV program.
It would be best to see all the available data and opinion before forming an opinion. I have seen many programs about various subjects which have been very compelling and convincing until you see the counter argument.
One of my favorites was the infamous "Rods" documentary where it was claimed that creatures were living on Earth which flew around and were only captured on camera. They turned out to be common or garden insects.
Don't believe all you see but at the same time don't disbelieve all you see either.

Last edited by TheJudge; 12-12-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I quite like a good conspiracy.

I suppose I'm more convinced it did happen than didn't now.

I'd still like to see real photos of the bits they left behind rather than just blobs on the moon though.

But then, would I believe the photos were real? I'd need convincing of that, no doubt
Old 12-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I quite like a good conspiracy.

I'd still like to see real photos of the bits they left behind rather than just blobs on the moon though.

But then, would I believe the photos were real? I'd need convincing of that, no doubt
There's nothing wrong with healthy skepticism Barbara, nothing at all.
Healthy though is the important word.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:44 PM

[QUOTE=Barbara4003]I quite like a good conspiracy.

But then, would I believe the photos were real? I'd need convincing of that, no doubt [/QUOTE

Barbara, they are REAL photo's. They may be taken from altitude, but they are real. If you search the web, you will find more high definition images. You also have to remember that the light on the moon is different to the light on earth (as there is no atmosphere) therefore the images you see are different to what you would expect from a photo taken on earth.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
The astronaut was called Grissom.

I can't remember the report writer's name.
Virgil Grissom? He died in 1967. If he said men hadn't been to the moon, he was quite right at the time.

I expect someone else has already pointed this out.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:47 PM

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie Byrne
Barbara, they are REAL photo's. They may be taken from altitude, but they are real. If you search the web, you will find more high definition images. You also have to remember that the light on the moon is different to the light on earth (as there is no atmosphere) therefore the images you see are different to what you would expect from a photo taken on earth.
They showed some of those pictures at the end of the programme. When I say 'real' I mean ones I can actually make out what the picture is of!

Anyway - who mentioned Aliens?

Now I do believe there are other planets with some form of human life on them.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort
Virgil Grissom? He died in 1967. If he said men hadn't been to the moon, he was quite right at the time.

I expect someone else has already pointed this out.
Yes - he didn't say they hadn't been to the moon. He questioned as to whether they were able to go to the moon. He didn't think it was possible with what they had to work with.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 PM

garronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
They showed some of those pictures at the end of the programme. When I say 'real' I mean ones I can actually make out what the picture is of!

Human
Old 12-12-2012, 10:50 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
How can you be so sure they happened?
Barbara, next you'll be saying that Prince Philip is Andrews father and that Charles is Harrys dad. I thought one of the pieces of proof was to do with a mirror left on the surface that a laser was fired into to give accurate measurements. Armstrong and the others were not the type who would sign up to a giant con and if there was any glimmer of truth in it surely the Russians would have spotted it. It makes me sad that this can even be considered as possible.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:

You have opened up another can of worms now!

No doubt there are millions of planets with life on in the universe. Not sure you will find many human types though.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Ex-Connecticut

Quote:
Me too! Well, life - but probably not human.
The number of planets in our galaxy alone is so staggeringly big that I cannot believe life hasn't developed on some of them somewhere.
We'll probably never know with 100% surety though
Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garronrav
Human
I doubt they'd be like us really. Although they could be.

We can't be the only planet in the whole Universe with life. It's just not logical.