Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
Yes - he didn't say they hadn't been to the moon. He questioned as to whether they were able to go to the moon. He didn't think it was possible with what they had to work with.
So they had him killed? Harsh.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes - he didn't say they hadn't been to the moon. He questioned as to whether they were able to go to the moon. He didn't think it was possible with what they had to work with.
Seeing as he was in the running to be one of the crew for the first moon landing, these are probably very valid questions to ask.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A lot of people have dismissed the idea of life on other planets because a lot of study has gone into it with no results.

I watched a programme about it the other week and a woman scientist likened it to taking a tumbler, scooping up a tumbler full of sea water, not finding a fish in it and deciding therefore there are no fish in the sea.

I thought that was quite a good comparison.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Again with these moon landing denier threads? Jeez.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
I did use to wonder if the first landing was somehow faked due to the US running out of time to develop the technology to meet their stated aim of putting a man on the moon before the end of the 60s. This would've bought themselves some breathing space to get things right and carry out all the subsequent missions.

However, the more I looked into it the more I very quickly realised it just couldn't have been faked. Too many people were involved to have been able to keep it quiet and the Soviets, who were obviously following what was going on and tracking the rocket themselves, would've screamed the news that the Yanks had faked the landings for the entire world to hear.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron
I did use to wonder if the first landing was somehow faked due to the US running out of time to develop the technology to meet their stated aim of putting a man on the moon before the end of the 60s. This would've bought themselves some breathing space to get things right and carry out all the subsequent missions.

However, the more I looked into it the more I very quickly realised it just couldn't have been faked. Too many people were involved to have been able to keep it quiet and the Soviets, who were obviously following what was going on and tracking the rocket themselves, would've screamed the news that the Yanks had faked the landings for the entire world to hear.
I think the point about the Russians is a very valid one, and one I can't argue with.

But I'd still like a good explanation for the photograph and video oddities.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Step up and play

pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop
Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
But I'd still like a good explanation for the photograph and video oddities.
Quote:
a) In some photos, the crosshairs (fiducials) appear to be behind objects, rather than in front of them where they should be, as if the photos were altered.[18]

In photography, the light white color (the object behind the crosshair) makes the black object (the crosshair) invisible due to saturation effects in the film emulsion. The film particles that ought to have been black were exposed by light from the adjacent brightly lit particles.[19][dead link] Ironically, this saturation effect would not happen if the crosshairs were drawn on in post, and so is evidence of genuine photos. Attempting to alter photos that already have crosshairs would make the compositing process far more difficult.

The 'classic' Aldrin photo, with reticules not centered. In addition, Aldrin appears to be illuminated by a spotlight.

b) In the 'classic' Aldrin photo, the reticle (etched crosshair on the camera) is too low. Since the crosshairs are in a fixed position on all the images, a lower reticle on this image indicates that the image has been cropped. This is the case even on the 70mm duplicate transparency NASA issues. The 70mm transparencies should show the entire 'full' image. Hoax proponents say that the only explanation for this is if the original full transparency needed to be cropped because of an embarrassing artifact like a piece of stage scenery was in the shot.[18]

Buzz Aldrin, original photo. Reticules are centered and there is no spotlight effect.

The view of the actual photo below, (at right) (source: AS11-40-5903 or AS11-40-5903 high resolution) is chopped off just above Aldrin, cutting off Aldrin's antenna (except for a small piece). Duplicate transparencies are not necessarily exact copies of the original. The publicly-released version of the photo was cropped and recomposed by NASA within hours of the film being made available, with extra black space added at the top of most released versions for what NASA calls aesthetic reasons. This Web page has NASA's history of the photo.

c) In other photos, the reticules are not in a straight line, or appear in the 'wrong' place, indicating that the photo has been doctored.[20]

The debunking Web site Clavius.org explains that the methodologies that the conspiracy theorists propose for doctoring the photos with "wrong" reticules are often contradictory and generally require absurd lengths to explain the "inconsistencies" when there are reasonable explanations. In particular, prints were often cropped and rotated, which causes the illusion of reticules occurring off-center or "not straight".
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pork chop
Wonderful, you've certainly added to the debate. Now why don't you piss off and take your medication, there's a good chap. Best you leave the conversation to those who aren't less intelligent than mould.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Step up and play

pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop
Quote:
Wonderful, you've certainly added to the debate. Now why don't you piss off and take your medication, there's a good chap. Best you leave the conversation to those who aren't less intelligent than mould.
I found the picture quite funny so posted it on a thread I saw fitting.

Away and have a wee talk to yourself. Silly prick
Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I thought it was funny as well ...
Old 13-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Perchance to sleep

Hibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pork chop
Old 13-12-2012, 12:05 AM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I doubt they'd be like us really. Although they could be.

We can't be the only planet in the whole Universe with life. It's just not logical.
That's a whole other subject
Old 13-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Lurker

zaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The guy who wrote the report in question was To view the link you have to Register or Login.

He worked for the company who built the Apollo command module, and after spilling company secrets to the media he was fired. It was then that he wrote the long report.

He, along with his wife and child, were killed when their car was hit by a train.

As for the other points some conspiracy theorists (and trolls) make, they can all be found To view the link you have to Register or Login. If anyone needs any other doubts answering then just say so. There is a multitude of evidence that can be provided to convince you.

I hate programs like this - they only give one side and are made purely to stir things up, not to examine the evidence. I don't blame people like Barbara who watch them and have doubts seeded in their heads.

As for the Kennedy "magic bullet" theory, that is debunked conclusively is this video:

Last edited by zaph_01; 13-12-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 13-12-2012, 12:53 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just for you, then:

Old 13-12-2012, 02:21 AM
Crystal Parish FC

jamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
And just to throw a couple of other things into the mix, I'm not convinced Lee Harvey Oswald was a lone shooter and I'm not convinced Marilyn Monroe took an overdose.

Do your worst on that
LHO wasn't a shooter at all
Old 13-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy
Thick as mince?

He was decent enough to admit he was unaware of something but you are never one to miss a chance at sticking the boot in eh
Old 13-12-2012, 03:03 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace
Didn't Buzz Aldrin get stuck into someone (reporter?) who asked him whether it was all faked?
Did he protest too much, so to speak? Did Man really get there in 1969 ffs, we barely had any technology then. Seems more unbelievable the longer it is since we have returned
Old 13-12-2012, 04:00 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Old 13-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Oh Barbara.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ