Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Emancipated

TheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo
Did he protest too much, so to speak? Did Man really get there in 1969 ffs, we barely had any technology then. Seems more unbelievable the longer it is since we have returned
The moon landings were a lot about propaganda and achievement and less about science. There has been no real need to return to the Moon and it would cost a lot of money which would be better spent on other projects. NASA had its budget slashed in the mid seventies and even had to make the Skylab out of left overs.
Old 13-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
'Propaganda' ?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Emancipated

TheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
'Propaganda' ?
Morning.
Only in the sense that they were in a technology race with Russia.
When Sputnik was launched, Americans got nervous.
Old 13-12-2012, 07:41 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
People want them to have happened and wont listen to any other possibilities.

I have a mate in the pub who was fascinated by the 'landings' as a kid, and throws a hissy fit if there is ever any suggestion that they didn't happen.

Every question becomes 'that old chestnut' in his opinion, which is, of course, easier than actually giving explanations
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 13-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-dee
People want them to have happened and wont listen to any other possibilities.
Possibly because there are no other possible possibilities.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-12-2012, 08:02 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
Most people that know me, know most things I post are pretty light hearted.

And I didn't say I didn't believe it happened. I said I'm pretty convinced it didn't happen.

There's a difference.
Did you bother to read my link explaining rationally all the points raised in the programme that you watched?

If you are happy with your current delusion, don't bother to read it. If you are interested in being accurately informed and not duped, then I politely suggest that you do read it.
Old 13-12-2012, 08:05 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
I watched a programme on TV this evening, and decided to ask the BBS what they thought.
Which has been done to death on here.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Next....JFK, 9/11 and Diana.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 13-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The only real question is why do some tv channels give air time to this twaddle?
Old 13-12-2012, 08:11 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
And who killed Bambi?

Who opened their lunch?
Old 13-12-2012, 08:12 AM
lay me down.

matayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
'Propaganda' ?
In Cockney rhyming slang means ' to have a real good look'.

Selhurstparkflyer.
Old 13-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanepe
The only real question is why do some tv channels give air time to this twaddle?
Quiet.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 13-12-2012, 08:14 AM
lay me down.

matayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky
And who killed Bambi?
Her brother who is serving a life term prison sentence IIRC.

Selhurstparkflyer.
Old 13-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky
And who killed Bambi?

And his mum.
Old 13-12-2012, 08:35 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanepe
That's on tomorrow night
Old 13-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle

And his mum.
It was you, wasn't it?
Old 13-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
I find this conspiracy tripe so irritating. As someone said earlier, tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people were involved in making this happen and continuing to make space exploration happen - I suppose that the International Space Station is in a TV studio on Hollywood Boulevard and the Mars rovers are trundling around the Mojave Desert? - yet people seem to think that all these people have kept the whole thing secret for decades?

I also find it a deep insult to the people who went there and also to lesser sung heroes. I had a work colleague - Homer - at IBM. A quiet reserved gentleman with a long and distinguished career. He worked on the Apollo program, all the IT was IBM in those days, and he had a secret that it took endless persuasion to get him to talk about. He had the Congressional Medal of Honour, for work on Apollo 13. He was the man who actually wrote the binary code that was sent through space to the capsule computer systems that created the course correction that got them home safely. He was a great computer engineer and a great man, really proud of everything that was achieved at the very bleeding edge of technology in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

All this conspiracy crap is a total and utter insult to men like Homer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 13-12-2012, 08:42 AM
ár lá

And as if Tom Hanks could fly a bloody spaceship.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 13-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Banned by Moderators

LidlTescos lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnLidlTescos lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnLidlTescos lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnLidlTescos lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnLidlTescos lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnLidlTescos lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnLidlTescos lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnLidlTescos lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnLidlTescos lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnLidlTescos lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnLidlTescos lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Another that can't be proved. Did we win the Word Cup in 1966. I only saw it on the telly. Is there such a place as Surbiton? I've never been there, but it's on the map (near kingston, Surrey not Jamaica). Oh God I'm so confused.
Old 13-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Budding Archaeologist

marky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't get me started on conspiracies! ......

I don't know too much about the facts (or lack of them) to give an opinion one way or another on this one.

What I will say is .... the US Government has always been and will always be the most powerful governement in the world and they will DO ANYTHING to protect its secrets.

I would say it's a coincidence that subsequent missions to the moon have all failed from "technical difficulties".

Make of that what you will ...
Old 13-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky1919
I would say it's a coincidence that subsequent missions to the moon have all failed from "technical difficulties".
Would those subsequent missions be Apollo 12, 14, 15, 16 or 17, all of which made successful landings?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ