Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 03-01-2013, 07:36 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sussexandproud
I suppose we could make the seats wooden and infested with woodworm and make the toilets overflow and stink with urine, then maybe you might feel at home...plastic shambles..grow up, think you might be a bit envious (cant use the word jealous as Old Git gets all upset)
Blimey old SAP has got the right hump about the difference in class between us and the weed.
By the way Kevin, Brighton are losing money ,even with a full stadium and no payments to bloom yet.They are the next club to do a Coventry.

Last edited by old git; 03-01-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Main Stand Maniac

Glen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle
A full ground will create a cracking atmosphere for the tv cameras ?
Only till about the 80th minute
Old 03-01-2013, 07:42 PM

wigman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwigman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwigman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwigman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwigman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwigman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwigman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwigman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwigman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwigman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwigman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Eagle
Only till about the 80th minute
Depends if we are losing 3-1.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:55 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not exactly, he said he wanted a 3 year deal, a huge signing on fee and a 10k a week salary and you cant blame him. He would have gone to Orient if they were paying that sort of money. Do you really think that your board would sell him? surely that would be massive backward step as he has done very well this year, better than you or us expected. Zaha, you can understand selling as you have another good winger and if you can get a huge deal for him, then he will go. Sounds like he wants to go now anyway. Tell you what he needs a new agent and he is coming out with some strange comments this season and thinks he should let his football do the talking.

Anyway bestest for 2013.
Hasn't bridcott finally got himself a new agent ? Just before January as well .
Old 03-01-2013, 09:48 PM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff
Don't feed the weed !
Not much chance of a reply, they are all wetting themselves that their gate could set a low for the season!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:40 AM

sussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git
Blimey old SAP has got the right hump about the difference in class between us and the weed.
By the way Kevin, Brighton are losing money ,even with a full stadium and no payments to bloom yet.They are the next club to do a Coventry.
Thanks Old Git, so how do you know that ? I am amazed at your knowledge about the finances of our club, lets make some good points, we have an average of 25,000 full paying customers, you have a average of what say 14k ?, mixture of long term STO's, Groupon deals, kids for a kid and bring mate. You pay more salaries than us based on the Murray deal, we also bring in more on hospitility, Sponsorship and the daily use of the Amex for other functions(it is fully booked up all the time), and you say we are losing money. So if you are correct, but think you are just reading comments on NSC ?, which you seem to only beleive when negative to the Albion, then how much are Palace losing ?. If your mega rich owners are putting some money in, then think you have serious issues when the Fair play Rules come in. As suggested before, let us wait to see the accounts at the end of the tax year and not predict shall we. But on simple maths we are doing a lot better than you I think.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:45 AM

sussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesussexandproud : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Fenner
Not much chance of a reply, they are all wetting themselves that their gate could set a low for the season!
I think we will get at least a all paying 23/23,000 crowd, which is not bad for a 12:30 KO, live on TV. Now I think you can take the P out of the league position and your result against us this year, but think you make yourself look a bit silly if you try to mock our attendances, but carry on.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle
Yeah, massively envious.

3rd in the table, having spent nothing like you lot have.

A striker, YOUR Manager didn't want to keep, has now scored 22 goals for us, this season.

And I nearly forget about the 3-0 the other week, against what was a pretty shambolic outfit.

But you've got a shiny new ground, so all that doesn't matter
I would check your first statement as I think that may be a little incorrect, we have spent money only on 2 players, Dobbie and Crofts, rumored be 500k each, and we sold Noone for 1.5 million, so in fact we have not spent much in transfer fees, but not sure about signing fees, but the Palace logis with the Murray deal is that you got him on a free transfer, so we will take the same logic if that is ok ?

Murray, he we go again, you got him as we did not think he was worth the money he wanted and he clearly was not last year and you wanted him out, this year his is, well done, that is football, you win some and lose some on transfers, thats life. I think we should have kept him to play alongside CMS as I think they could be a superb partnership.

Yes you beat 3-0, well done, yes agree we were awful that day, but remember, you only had 10 to beat and only did that with a very iffy pen and a set piece which was not a corner, and remember we have only really played bad twice since we have come up and both against you, so surely something might chance in March, hope so.

Yes we have a great ground, all ready for the future and we are going in the right direction with the way the club is going forward, if someone told me 5 years ago hat we would be 8th in the Championship, with the largest average attendance outside the prem and beating 5 Prem clubs as well, then I would say no way. How is the Palace new ground plan doing ?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 AM

rusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
I would check your first statement as I think that may be a little incorrect, we have spent money only on 2 players, Dobbie and Crofts, rumored be 500k each, and we sold Noone for 1.5 million, so in fact we have not spent much in transfer fees, but not sure about signing fees, but the Palace logis with the Murray deal is that you got him on a free transfer, so we will take the same logic if that is ok ?

Murray, he we go again, you got him as we did not think he was worth the money he wanted and he clearly was not last year and you wanted him out, this year his is, well done, that is football, you win some and lose some on transfers, thats life. I think we should have kept him to play alongside CMS as I think they could be a superb partnership.

Yes you beat 3-0, well done, yes agree we were awful that day, but remember, you only had 10 to beat and only did that with a very iffy pen and a set piece which was not a corner, and remember we have only really played bad twice since we have come up and both against you, so surely something might chance in March, hope so.

Yes we have a great ground, all ready for the future and we are going in the right direction with the way the club is going forward, if someone told me 5 years ago hat we would be 8th in the Championship, with the largest average attendance outside the prem and beating 5 Prem clubs as well, then I would say no way. How is the Palace new ground plan doing ?

so two of the goals shouldnt have been goals?? thats till means we'd have beaten you 1 - 0 doesnt it?? You only play badly against us? Coincidence? or frightened by the big boys? Only had 10 men? we had 10 for most of the Huddersfield match..result Draw...not a beating...and you have one of the worlds best defenders who has played Champions League in Bruno...who played like a muppet against us...never mind I suppose that means that you will walk all over all the other teams...oh wait..no Weeds 1 - 3 Watford a week ago
and these 5 premier clubs you beat? All meaningful games were they? Not just the odd friendly? because as I recall you weeds have NEVER been in the Premier League (unlike us)

Come back when you have something other than attendances to crow about, like when you actually beat us,because attendances dont win you any more points. Plenty of talk on NSC too re the accounts, rumours are that not everything in sussex by the sea is as rosy as you would have us believe !! We shall see !!!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusheslake
so two of the goals shouldnt have been goals?? thats till means we'd have beaten you 1 - 0 doesnt it?? You only play badly against us? Coincidence? or frightened by the big boys? Only had 10 men? we had 10 for most of the Huddersfield match..result Draw...not a beating...and you have one of the worlds best defenders who has played Champions League in Bruno...who played like a muppet against us...never mind I suppose that means that you will walk all over all the other teams...oh wait..no Weeds 1 - 3 Watford a week ago
and these 5 premier clubs you beat? All meaningful games were they? Not just the odd friendly? because as I recall you weeds have NEVER been in the Premier League (unlike us)

Come back when you have something other than attendances to crow about, like when you actually beat us,because attendances dont win you any more points. Plenty of talk on NSC too re the accounts, rumours are that not everything in sussex by the sea is as rosy as you would have us believe !! We shall see !!!
Calm down mate, all about opinons, I did not say that we deserved anything from the game, but you have to admit as most decent Palace fans do, that decisions that awful day, went your way. You deserved it, no problems, but we were not thrashed our out classed as some of your mates stated. Lets wait till March and maybe a homer ref and we will see.

Bruno was playing with an injury and has only played 1 or 2 times since, he had not slept for a couple of nights and only played as we were struggling for defenders that day. I would not judge him over one game, if we did the same we would say that Zaha is crap as well, as he was against us. Lets see when they vote for best right back in the leauge at the PFA awards and I would not be suprised to see Bruno as the right back, like I am sure Zaha will be as well.

Against Watford we were poor, but check the match stats, we had about same shots and posession, so not that bad.

Agree re Finances, but do not think what some little keyboard warriors states on NSC as gospal. As we budgeted for 12-15k crowds in the financial plan, and we are getting nearly twice as much, then I do not think much is wrong. Also just heard we are planning to spend some cash on players in jan, so as you say, lets wait, but I am sure that we are better off than most clubs in this league and that is also taking into account the set up costs at the Amex last year.

Things are very rosy in Sussex at the moment, really cant think of any other club with as much potential as us, we have a great Manager, superb ground, largest attandance outside premership, a new Training ground just starting, and a team going the right direction, not there yet, but I think we will be in the prem in the next 3 years, with a base and structure that most clubs can only dream about. Must be ok as our best player just signed a new 4 year contract today, so he thinks its is quite rosy.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:26 AM

rusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrusheslake was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Calm down mate, all about opinons, I did not say that we deserved anything from the game, but you have to admit as most decent Palace fans do, that decisions that awful day, went your way. You deserved it, no problems, but we were not thrashed our out classed as some of your mates stated. Lets wait till March and maybe a homer ref and we will see.

Bruno was playing with an injury and has only played 1 or 2 times since, he had not slept for a couple of nights and only played as we were struggling for defenders that day. I would not judge him over one game, if we did the same we would say that Zaha is crap as well, as he was against us. Lets see when they vote for best right back in the leauge at the PFA awards and I would not be suprised to see Bruno as the right back, like I am sure Zaha will be as well.

Against Watford we were poor, but check the match stats, we had about same shots and posession, so not that bad.

Agree re Finances, but do not think what some little keyboard warriors states on NSC as gospal. As we budgeted for 12-15k crowds in the financial plan, and we are getting nearly twice as much, then I do not think much is wrong. Also just heard we are planning to spend some cash on players in jan, so as you say, lets wait, but I am sure that we are better off than most clubs in this league and that is also taking into account the set up costs at the Amex last year.

Things are very rosy in Sussex at the moment, really cant think of any other club with as much potential as us, we have a great Manager, superb ground, largest attandance outside premership, a new Training ground just starting, and a team going the right direction, not there yet, but I think we will be in the prem in the next 3 years, with a base and structure that most clubs can only dream about. Must be ok as our best player just signed a new 4 year contract today, so he thinks its is quite rosy.
1st. Yeah budgeted for 12 k crowds, also budgeted for stadium costs of 50 mill, not 110 million
2nd against watford you were poor but had equal stats? well like attendances stats get you NOTHING, its GOALS that you need, remember them the things CMS cant get many of??
3rd. So Bridcutt signed a 4 year deal so he must be staying...get real if the right money comes in he will be off in a flash

Last edited by rusheslake; 04-01-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:28 AM
No longer a student

StudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
we have only really played bad twice since we have come up and both against you
What terribly bad luck.

Strava profile
Old 04-01-2013, 09:41 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks Old Git, so how do you know that ? I am amazed at your knowledge about the finances of our club, lets make some good points, we have an average of 25,000 full paying customers, you have a average of what say 14k ?, mixture of long term STO's, Groupon deals, kids for a kid and bring mate.
The difference being that we don't owe a debt on our stadium so our 14k average is our direct income for footballing costs (salaries etc). Your 25,000 tickets etc is all very well and good except that you will be using a good chunk of these funds to pay back Bloom what you owe him. You've still got your running costs of the club to come out on top of that. JAT.

Quote:
You pay more salaries than us based on the Murray deal
What? You are basing our total wage expenditure on the made up figures for one of our players? Murray is surely on no more than about 10k a week (and is bloody well worth it too if his goals fire us up to the Prem). You're paying more than that for CMS (as he was being offered good money by much bigger sides than you) plus you have Bruno and Vicente that you prized away from 'Champions league level sides' so I am certain that they will not be on much short of 15k a week. There is no way that you lot have a smaller wage bill than us - and that isn't even factoring in the stupid transfer fees that you have paid for your so-called 'stars'

Quote:
We also bring in more on hospitility, Sponsorship and the daily use of the Amex for other functions(it is fully booked up all the time), and you say we are losing money. So if you are correct, but think you are just reading comments on NSC ?, which you seem to only beleive when negative to the Albion, then how much are Palace losing ?
We know we are losing money. Our board have said so. Collectively they have to put in about 4m a year to cover the operating losses. So far this is their third year so we are probably about 12m in their debt. That is smallfry compared to the 100m+ your are in debt with Bloom and it looks like we've got a better shot at hitting the Premier League jackpot by the end of the season entirely eradicating the owners losses. Failing that Zaha will go and his fee alone will give the owners their money back. That is why, whilst we are losing money, our situation isn't precarious. Can you honestly say that there is not a slight worry about owing one man more than the sum of the parts of your club (and that includes your overpriced stadium)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sussexanproud
If your mega rich owners are putting some money in, then think you have serious issues when the Fair play Rules come in. As suggested before, let us wait to see the accounts at the end of the tax year and not predict shall we. But on simple maths we are doing a lot better than you I think.
Our owners are putting in less than the first phase threshold (they are putting in 4m per season with a good million of that towards youth development - which I think is exempt from FFP). However, of course they are going to want to lower the amount they have to put in and get us as close to break-even as possible. A promotion will help that massively if we don't aim to spend copious amounts on overhyped shit. It really is your lot who are running the risk of not complying with FFP unless Bloom actually does what he has promised to and converts his loan to shares. Why hasn't he yet?

Last edited by Windsor_Eagle; 04-01-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 AM

HurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

But it was a sending off and they were both penalties. The only really bad decision that cost you a goal was the corner that shouldn't have been.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusheslake
1st. Yeah budgeted for 12 k crowds, also budgeted for stadium costs of 50 mill, not 110 million
2nd against watford you were poor but had equal stats? well like attendances stats get you NOTHING, its GOALS that you need, remember them the things CMS cant get many of??
3rd. You say Bridcutt signs 4 year deal so he is NOT leaving? Zaha signs 5 year deal yet NSC goes into meltdown saying he is...Bridcutt is the same as ALL players, he will leave in a flash if the right money comes for him...
Well done, nearly correct, we budgeted for 72 million and it cost 96 million, the cost of 110 million was the overall cost of enquires, planning etc, which we had paid for over the years, that is why we struggled for years, paying our way and not going into admin like some clubs I could mention.

Agree, Stats do not win games, but we were not that bad, just beaten by the better team on the day, good side Watford, have you played them yet?

Where did you get Bridcutt signing a 4 year from ?, Buckley has today, and totally agree with you, of course players will go if the deal is right, like Murray and Zaha, no isssues with you on that, but cast your eyes back to the begining of the season when Zaha signed a long term deal and you lot were creaming yourselves saying that he is Palace through and through, yeah right, just like Freedman. Its only sad fans like you and me are loyal, no players or manager is, we know that. So agree 100% with you on that.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks Old Git, so how do you know that ? I am amazed at your knowledge about the finances of our club, lets make some good points, we have an average of 25,000 full paying customers, you have a average of what say 14k ?, mixture of long term STO's, Groupon deals, kids for a kid and bring mate. You pay more salaries than us based on the Murray deal, we also bring in more on hospitility, Sponsorship and the daily use of the Amex for other functions(it is fully booked up all the time), and you say we are losing money. So if you are correct, but think you are just reading comments on NSC ?, which you seem to only beleive when negative to the Albion, then how much are Palace losing ?. If your mega rich owners are putting some money in, then think you have serious issues when the Fair play Rules come in. As suggested before, let us wait to see the accounts at the end of the tax year and not predict shall we. But on simple maths we are doing a lot better than you I think.
Palace are in a reasonably good position to deal with the planned FFP for all football league sides. This is partly due to our youth academy.

We are certainly in a much better state then many other Championship sides if a recent report on clubs accounts for the 2010/11 season is anything to go by.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Should make some interestinmg reading when it comes to future accounts from Brighton & HA. I guess their business model must be based on regular Premiership football as that's the only way they're going to pay for their new ground.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudentEagle
What terribly bad luck.
Indeed. Imagine that, their only two bad performances, and they both by pure coincidence were against Palace.

Tsk. What are the odds eh?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:00 AM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think we will get at least a all paying 23/23,000 crowd, which is not bad for a 12:30 KO, live on TV. Now I think you can take the P out of the league position and your result against us this year, but think you make yourself look a bit silly if you try to mock our attendances, but carry on.
Indeed, it would be foolish to mock your attendances (at least for the first 80 minutes of a match).

Deriving amusement from the NSC obsession (the unkind might apply the epithet "wankfest") over your attendances is entirely another matter.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:50 AM

Kent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
No problems reading thank you, I was quoting the press and others on here that think that Murray may be sold, I am sure I saw that in the papers this weekend. By your boards own admission, you do not break even, not my view, your owners. All clubs at our level will sell players for the right price, we know that and so do you. I hope we both strenghen our squads, as we need to be able to compete at the top level of the Championship. There is nothing plastic about our Stadium, it is wonderful now it has almost been completed, over 30,000 when you come. I suppose we could make the seats wooden and infested with woodworm and make the toilets overflow and stink with urine, then maybe you might feel at home...plastic shambles..grow up, think you might be a bit envious (cant use the word jealous as Old Git gets all upset)
So cos its in the papers it's gonna happen. How old are you 10. I'm telling you now as a relative of the board, no one will be sold. Oh and when we visit the shamex there will only be Palace fans in the stadium at full time, cos you mugs really know how to disappear when things are looking bad. Only chance you got of success is beating a very bad Newcastle tomorrow, but you won't even beat them.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Well done, nearly correct, we budgeted for 72 million and it cost 96 million, the cost of 110 million was the overall cost of enquires, planning etc, which we had paid for over the years, that is why we struggled for years, paying our way and not going into admin like some clubs I could mention.

Agree, Stats do not win games, but we were not that bad, just beaten by the better team on the day, good side Watford, have you played them yet?

Where did you get Bridcutt signing a 4 year from ?, Buckley has today, and totally agree with you, of course players will go if the deal is right, like Murray and Zaha, no isssues with you on that, but cast your eyes back to the begining of the season when Zaha signed a long term deal and you lot were creaming yourselves saying that he is Palace through and through, yeah right, just like Freedman. Its only sad fans like you and me are loyal, no players or manager is, we know that. So agree 100% with you on that.
So 110 million was correct then? Doesn't matter when you spent it, it was part of the cost of building the gaymex wasn't it?
Bridcutt I got from you saying 'our' best player, just assumed the Palace reject was your best player really Buckley ain't all that, or did he just have both his bad games against us?
Oh yes, and who/when were these 5 premier teams beaten, friendlies/competitive games? Could only have been cup games cos you ain't been a premier team have you?

Last edited by rusheslake; 04-01-2013 at 01:06 PM.