Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 21-01-2015, 07:41 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Retro Gaming

It is about time that this genre of gaming had its own thread

I will start with a list of the Gaming Devices that I still have
Atari VCS
Grandstand Tennis - The one with just the moving white dot on a black screen with two white lines as your racquets.
Sinclair Spectrum
Mattel Battlestar Galactica - Handheld 1978
Football - Handheld 1980
Megadrive
Mega CD
Amiga
Sega Saturn
Sega Master System
Super Nintendo
N64
Panasonic 3DO
ACE
GameCube
Dreamcast
Playstation One
Playstation Two
Xbox
Xbox 360
Gaming PC with MAME installed

I also have a pretty vast collection of games and accessories for the above and one Arcade Fruit Machine and a Bally Harley Davidson Pinball Machine.

I first got into gaming in the late 70's and have carried it on.
Old 21-01-2015, 07:51 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Nice list !

Come back when you've exhausted all gems on the Dragon 32 and Oric, son.
Old 21-01-2015, 08:00 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shinobi and Double Dragon on arcade. I've even exported to my mobile so can have an 80's blast when having a shit at work.

Outrun on arcade is a classic as well. Need to find a sit down racer like in the old days.

Last edited by CPFC since 1989; 21-01-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 21-01-2015, 08:02 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post

Atari VCS
Grandstand Tennis - The one with just the moving white dot on a black screen with two white lines as your racquets.
Sinclair Spectrum
Football - Handheld 1980
Megadrive
Mega CD
Amiga
Sega Saturn
Sega Master System
Super Nintendo
N64
Panasonic 3DO
ACE
GameCube
Dreamcast
Playstation One
Playstation Two
Xbox
Xbox 360

I also have a pretty vast collection of games and accessories for the above and one Arcade Fruit Machine and a Bally Harley Davidson Pinball Machine.

ACE? To view the link you have to Register or Login)

hardcore retro that
Old 21-01-2015, 08:36 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
The Ace or Actionmax is a very rare US console that uses a light-gun to shoot at on-screen video images
on an actual video film.

I have only two games for it Top Gun and Mad Dog McCree a western film with cowboys.

I also have a similar car chase video game which comes with a steering wheel with a small model car that moves along a metal rod in response to the steering wheel movement and this is mirrored by the car movement on the video playing.
Old 21-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Banned by Moderators

willcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post

Atari VCS
Sinclair Spectrum
Football - Handheld 1980
Megadrive
Mega CD
Amiga
Sega Saturn
Sega Master System
Super Nintendo
N64
Panasonic 3DO
ACE
GameCube
Dreamcast
Playstation One
Playstation Two
Xbox
Xbox 360

Where is the Atari Jaguar? I had that and the CD add on. Sold it all a year ago for a lot of money. God it was a poor system.

Super collection you have. Dreamcast best ever.....IMO
Old 21-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Not many handhelds hdeagle ?
Old 21-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I've still got my BBC B somewhere... It had some cracking games including Elite and an almost perfect port of Defender.
Old 21-01-2015, 09:11 PM

The football hand-held was played a lot on Coach One Palace away trips and is quite noisy when you score a goal with the red LED dots jumping around in unison to the goal music.

There is no volume control to limit the celebrations.

I also have PC emulators for loads of other machines and hand-helds.

One of my worst purchases has to my J League Football Manager which I have never been able to fathom out as the game manual is entirely in the Japanese language of which I have no understanding, all of my other import games have a modicum of the English language in the manual but not this one.

The most that I have paid for a game is £75 at the time and that was for a SNES J League football game import which turned out a much better game than I expected and it deserved a European release which it never got.

I must see just how much this very rare import is worth now as some games fetch ridiculous prices .

The Dreamcast is a great console and I have loads of games for this machine with many imports that run smoother than European releases.
Old 21-01-2015, 10:01 PM
chemical olympics

humpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betray

Had loads of Nintendo game and watch but my fave was the dual screened

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 21-01-2015, 10:13 PM
chemical olympics

humpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betray
And loads of these things

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 21-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Built my own arcade machine based on Atari Gauntlet about 14 years ago, it runs MAME and has about 1000 retro games on it from the old arcades up to the early neo-geo (which wasn't my thing) I must've spent a fortune on Gauntlet and Double Dragon.

I also added pinball flipper buttons for video pinball, just for something different (can't be seen in these pics)

When I moved into my house in Gloucestershire it was too bloody big to get up the stairs into the man cave so went into the garage (much to Mrs AA's relief)

Last edited by anti-addick; 21-01-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old 21-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
You guys are going to have to help me here. There was this company who made a game for the Spectrum about bears. Bear Trouble maybe? Then they used the same software to do a football game with extremely large, slow players. One time one of my players seemed to get sawed in half and was stuck in the middle of the screen. He was the only player who could mve the same speed as the ball, and astonishingly scored a few goals with his disembodied torso.

Did I imagine all if this, or did said football game exist?
Old 22-01-2015, 12:56 AM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Reading that post was like listening to Peaches En Regalia by Frank Zappa, but less familiar.
Old 22-01-2015, 01:13 AM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
You guys are going to have to help me here. There was this company who made a game for the Spectrum about bears. Bear Trouble maybe? Then they used the same software to do a football game with extremely large, slow players. One time one of my players seemed to get sawed in half and was stuck in the middle of the screen. He was the only player who could mve the same speed as the ball, and astonishingly scored a few goals with his disembodied torso.

Did I imagine all if this, or did said football game exist?
Bear Bovver and Match Day.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-01-2015, 01:25 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilairehair View Post
Ha ha! I saw a screen shot, and remembered their celebrations with both arms
Old 23-01-2015, 01:32 PM

I have a side-scrolling beat-em-up called "Motorhead" where you play as "Lemmy" and have to rescue trapped band members by killing zombies with your trusty electric guitar.

The levels seem to be played out to a backdrop of classic Motorhead songs like Ace Of Spades and Overkill blasting out from the Marshall amps.

You replenish Lemmy's energy by downing various drinks although this does effect his speed and movement.

As a big "Motorhead" fan this game from the early 80's rocks !!!
Old 27-01-2015, 05:10 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilairehair View Post
Match Day II was quality. Wasted hours and hours playing that...
Old 27-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Unregistered User

ChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by East-End Eagle View Post
Match Day II was quality. Wasted hours and hours playing that...
Also Football Glory on the old Amiga. Was almost like a mod of Sensible Soccer but with a lot of dry humour, bad tackles and you could chase the ref around and batter him if he sent you off.
Old 28-01-2015, 01:44 AM
Benevolence personified

I don't know if anyone here used to read Sinclair User and Crash Magazine, but there was a bit of a cult hero who used to contribute to them called Jon North. Me and my mate couldn't believe it when the living legend himself rocked up at Safeway in Sutton as a fellow trolley boy!