Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 21-03-2015, 09:19 AM

mrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR!

Tiger has got the boot.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Coming June
Old 21-03-2015, 09:49 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Omg yes!

Been playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour quite a lot recently on the 360, we needed a next gen game!
Old 23-03-2015, 07:32 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Won't touch The Golf Club for playability and variety.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 23-03-2015, 01:47 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
The Golf Club is great on PC and the ability to download and play created courses makes it so playable.

Well worth getting on Steam.
Old 23-03-2015, 08:12 PM

SuperSnoops FFS MurraySuperSnoops FFS MurraySuperSnoops FFS MurraySuperSnoops FFS MurraySuperSnoops FFS MurraySuperSnoops FFS MurraySuperSnoops FFS MurraySuperSnoops FFS MurraySuperSnoops FFS MurraySuperSnoops FFS MurraySuperSnoops FFS Murray
It's by EA sports, so bound to include bugs, more bugs and you'll probably have to pay extra for golf balls, seeing as their boss said all future games will have content you have to buy. Thieving twats
Old 24-03-2015, 01:59 AM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
I enjoyed tiger woods on IPad so hope they will release this on that. The graphics were wonderful.It needs a tweak as while I liked the putting method it was absurdly easy and the scores I was getting were ridiculous. I don't know the Golf Club at all
Old 24-03-2015, 03:24 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
For those looking for something competitive and enjoyable to do, and if you have The Gold Club, head over to To view the link you have to Register or Login

Good fun!

Golf handicap - 11
Old 17-07-2015, 11:46 AM

mrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anybody got it? Thoughts?
Old 17-07-2015, 12:15 PM
chemical olympics

humpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betrayhumpo is like ice, their footing does betray
was watching an IGN review last night, they gave it 5.5/10

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 17-07-2015, 01:12 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Got the trial on EA Access. It's crap.

Want a golf game, get The Golf Club. Cheaper and better....a lot better.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 18-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Been playing it non-stop for ten days ahead of writing Games Master's review.

It is a COLOSSAL improvement on the more recent Woods games.

Number of real courses is down from last-gen, but the ones featured look and play beautifully on PS4 - and the Battlefield one is properly funny, with wonderfully deadpan commentary. Control options have increased and can be tweaked near-endlessly; I've gone back to the old skool three-click method and am delighted with the results. Putting is really bloody hard and definitely its Achilles heel to begin with, but I'm improving steadily.

Here's a hole-in-one I hit earlier in the week: To view the link you have to Register or Login

And tips piece I penned for Red Bull: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Wish there was a way to play the full tour as a real golfer, and the lack of female pros to play as is naughty on EA's part, but otherwise I've been shocked at how much fun this is.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 18-07-2015, 03:05 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cheers Ben
Good to have two perspectives
Old 20-07-2015, 07:24 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Got to disagree with you there Ben, doesn't touch Tiger 14, on tournament mode. That was a hell of a game. Really disappointed by the showing from EA this year especially as TGC had such a big impact on the market. Look forward to seeing where EA take the series under Rory but as TGC has limitless possibilities (or so it would seem) EA are going to have to pretty much copy what HB Studio's have done and just make it a million times better because course creation is what people want.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 20-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
All I want from a golf game is pretty much the same mechanics as the old megadrive PGA Tour games, with up-to-date graphics. Three clicks - the worse the lie, the faster the meter goes. There was nothing wrong with putting in the megadrive games, having the wireframe to read the green - even with practise you could still get it hopelessly wrong.

I don't want to aim using an arc that shows exactly where the ball will go if I get the timing right. On the Megadrive, you could get the three clicks bang on, but if you'd put on too much draw/fade, misread the wind or the severity of the lie you could still mess up.

I also don't want a silly virtual camera following the ball with a stupid vapour trail following it. I want to hit the shot, see it arc beautifully into the distance, then the camera switches and shows it landing, so until the ball falls out of the sky you've no idea whether it's a good shot or not.
Old 21-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
I wrote a review for the South London Press.

It feels incomplete to me. There aren't enough courses, there aren't enough licensed players, they don't seem to have any depth to the career mode and online play is pretty basic too.

I read that there's a good chance of there being some DLC for this. I hope for those who buy it that there is. The game itself is great - the bits that make it repeatedly playable are not.
Old 21-07-2015, 12:26 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

There is always DLC when EA are concerned, it was an absolute disgrace with Tiger 13 & 14 that on the day of release there was an additional 35 worth of DLC (all extra courses). I'm led to believe that the DLC this year will be free, but when you see what TGC is offering, you can see why EA have had to make the DLC free.

TGC has had one paid update so far which added a career mode aimed at beginners. There have been and continue to be a few teething problems here and there but all in all TGC has really moved the virtual golfing world on to the next level. When there is the ability to create something in game, the game is always going to appeal to some artistic and creative people, the version of St Andrews I played last week was absolutely spot on, I've even managed to replicate a course I used to play at pretty well.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 21-07-2015, 12:42 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I bought it at the weekend. Not bad but I find it a bit too easy
Old 21-07-2015, 12:53 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32 View Post
EA are going to have to pretty much copy what HB Studio's have done and just make it a million times better because course creation is what people want.
some might, but I don't think many are that fussed. With Golf game I want to pick them up and play. I don't want to spend ages creating courses.

I've currently been playing Tiger Woods 09. It's ok, however some serious bugs. The amount of times it will only let me use a Pitching Wedge or Sand Wedge instead of Irons leaving me 20 yards short of the green in particular.

What would the best Xbox 360 Golf game be if I wanted to pick one up on the cheap. My favourite Golf Game was Ace Golf (I thkink) on the Gamecube.

You had a caddy that told you how many ball widths you should aim your putt and then it was up to you.
Old 21-07-2015, 02:37 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
some might, but I don't think many are that fussed. With Golf game I want to pick them up and play. I don't want to spend ages creating courses.

I've currently been playing Tiger Woods 09. It's ok, however some serious bugs. The amount of times it will only let me use a Pitching Wedge or Sand Wedge instead of Irons leaving me 20 yards short of the green in particular.

What would the best Xbox 360 Golf game be if I wanted to pick one up on the cheap. My favourite Golf Game was Ace Golf (I thkink) on the Gamecube.

You had a caddy that told you how many ball widths you should aim your putt and then it was up to you.
TGC isn't just about creating courses. The game is played online, all courses are stored on a server. Everytime someone creates & publishes one it is stored on their server for the rest of the world to play. You could log on, never create a single course and play a different course everytime you booted the game up from now till the end of time (you get what I mean), that's how many different courses there are.

If you want a cheap golf game on 360, I'd recommend Tiger 14 Masters Edition. Cracking game and one you should be able to snap up for a few quid in the bargain bin now.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 21-07-2015, 03:08 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
So I think what you meant, was that players want a huge variety of courses to play

But I do actually get your point.