Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:17 PM
the lovely river mole

jolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
streaming music and video

Anyone do this round the house ?
the easy way is to get a load of airplay speakers and you are away

not me i built a pc from bits lying about running windows 10 added as many old drives that i could fit in in and hey presto a 5tb music and video server
so how to play the music ? iTunes is a good simple base and it works well cross
platform, added to that i have picked up a number of airport express base stations from eBay. expect to pay between £5-£12 if you are patient (some idiot is trying to sell broken ones for£22 !) from there it is a 3.5 mm jack from the base station to phono plugs into the back of the stereo. Other set-ups round the house are 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm base station to aux input in dab radios or stereos.
to listen all i do is log-on to a laptop or pc in the house open iTunes select music and where i want it to come out of and off you go. there is also a free iPhone/iPad app that controls the lot.
Total cost about £80 !