Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 15-12-2000, 06:39 PM
Born in South Norwood

Coveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can any of you computer boffins help me?

I have been dragged into a Xmas Panto! I would like to rehearse my accent and lines. Is there any way, with or without or a "free" download, to record my lines to hard disk and play them back??

Thanks for any help........
Old 15-12-2000, 06:41 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Coveta:
I have been dragged into a Xmas Panto!
Oh no you haven't!!
Old 15-12-2000, 06:45 PM
Born in South Norwood

Coveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoveta : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Oh yes I have.................c'mon give us break!
Old 15-12-2000, 06:50 PM
Throbbing Member

Gaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Interesting choice of forum Coveta!

Can't you just use a tape recorder?
Old 15-12-2000, 06:56 PM
Born in South Norwood

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaffer:
Interesting choice of forum Coveta!

Can't you just use a tape recorder?
I have to admit that I don't own one!

Old 15-12-2000, 06:58 PM
Born in South Norwood

But, I DO have a computer and a mic!! Surely there must be a simple solution for a computer "beginner" like me?
Old 15-12-2000, 07:08 PM

Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa
The important thing's the hardware - do you have an audio sampler or a soundcard with sampling capabilities ?
Old 15-12-2000, 07:10 PM
Throbbing Member

Gaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
What I just read:

Quote:
Originally posted by Mendosa:
The important thing's the blah blah blah, techno jargon blah blah blah?
That's Gaffer out of the loop!
Old 15-12-2000, 07:13 PM

Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa Mendosa
If he's got one of those I would've thought that "jargon" would mean something to him. Sorry, can't really put it any simpler than "sampler" or "soundcard" !
Old 15-12-2000, 07:20 PM
Throbbing Member

Probably, but it's my own technical shortcomings that have left me feeling ashamed!

I shall scuttle off to the forest like a wounded antelope.
Old 15-12-2000, 07:23 PM
Born in South Norwood

I did say that I was a beginner, I'll have to admit that I don't really understand your reply..sorry
Old 15-12-2000, 07:41 PM

Coveta - do you have sound on your computer ? ie. does it make sounds at you ?

If so, then you'll probably have a soundcard (assuming it's a Windows PC). Have a look at the back of the machine and see if there are any headphone-type sockets - if there is one then there may be one that is labelled as "mic" or "line in" or something like that signalling that you can plug your microphone in and sample (ie. turn into computer data) the sound.

Have a butcher's...
Old 15-12-2000, 08:14 PM
Throbbing Member

Gadzooks Mendosa, now even I understand!
Old 15-12-2000, 09:25 PM
Born in South Norwood

Quote:
Coveta - do you have sound on your computer ? ie. does it make sounds at you ?

If so, then you'll probably have a soundcard (assuming it's a Windows PC). Have a look at the back of the machine and see if there are any headphone-type sockets - if there is one then there may be one that is labelled as "mic" or "line in" or something like that signalling that you can plug your microphone in and sample (ie. turn into computer data) the sound.

Have a butcher's...
Yes I do have sound and yes I do have a mic, but which prog do I use? I am running Win 98.

Old 15-12-2000, 09:30 PM
Señor Member

Spanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Try:
From the Start button select Programs, then Accessories then Multimedia then Sound Recorder. It should be a standard program on most PC's.
Old 15-12-2000, 09:38 PM

That's what I was going to say next
Old 15-12-2000, 09:46 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watch out though, the files get very big, very quickly.
Old 15-12-2000, 09:48 PM
Señor Member

Spanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpanish Dan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
That's what I was going to say next
Yeah, yeah. You were just going to come out with more techno-babble like "monitor" and "keyboard" to confuse Gaffer

Old 15-12-2000, 10:01 PM
Playing a round

David Murray knows where the wild roses growDavid Murray knows where the wild roses growDavid Murray knows where the wild roses growDavid Murray knows where the wild roses growDavid Murray knows where the wild roses growDavid Murray knows where the wild roses growDavid Murray knows where the wild roses growDavid Murray knows where the wild roses growDavid Murray knows where the wild roses growDavid Murray knows where the wild roses growDavid Murray knows where the wild roses grow
To make it simple for Gaffer:

I think you should take down to Tiffany's buy her a nice bracelet and then off for a slap up meal down Covent Garden. Candles, tablecloth, serviettes the works, then off home for a nightcap and romantic night of heartburn.
Old 16-12-2000, 07:20 PM
Born in South Norwood

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanish Dan:
Try:
From the Start button select Programs, then Accessories then Multimedia then Sound Recorder. It should be a standard program on most PC's.
Right, thanks. I have tried this, but it seems that you can only record 60 secs at a time.

Say I wanted to record some CD tracks to hard disk?