Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 18-10-2019, 04:17 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
i Skipped The Light Fandango Once...

...have you?

And by that, I mean have you played any instrument that featured on a famous song.
I played on The Hammond organ that featured on Procol Harum's seminal song because I was that good as a kid.

You?
Old 18-10-2019, 04:19 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I played on Elton Johns pink oboe.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 18-10-2019, 04:20 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I played on Elton Johns pink oboe.
Of course you did.
Old 18-10-2019, 04:36 PM

I played on this Hammond organ at Western Music opposite Surrey Street.
I also touched one of Hendrix's guitars when I worked in John Entwhistle's house.
I don't like to drop names much though.
Old 18-10-2019, 04:38 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
i reluctantly strummed a few chords with peter green once at a party in brighton. To be honest i was so awestruck at his playing, that i stopped after 30 seconds, and just watched with my mouth on the floor and a silly lovestruck look on my face, the man is an absolute genius with a guitar. I usually have a very poor memory after a heavy nights drinking, but i wont ever forget that

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 18-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
I was named after the greatest trumpet player ever, never blew a thing, although I did learn sax as a kid.
Old 18-10-2019, 05:22 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
I was named after the greatest trumpet player ever, never blew a thing, although I did learn sax as a kid.
Louis. Miles, Wynton, Maurice (Andre) ? Don't tell me you are called "Sweets"

Last edited by Harry Bassett; 18-10-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 18-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Who Palace Wu? Never heard of him or her
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 18-10-2019, 06:48 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
My brother owns one of 10cc's old mixing desks.
I had one of Gerry and the Pacemakers Selmer guitar amps, until it caught fire. One of their mics gave random electric shocks.

Last edited by Stellavista; 18-10-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Old 18-10-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
My brother owns one of 10cc's old mixing desks.
I had one of Gerry and the Pacemakers Selmer guitar amps, until it caught fire. One of their mics gave random electric shocks.

I really hope that's true.
Old 19-10-2019, 11:02 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post

I really hope that's true.
It is. Using that amp and Mic at the same time was a gamble too far.
Old 19-10-2019, 11:04 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Many moons ago, used to use Rat Scabies' PA system for gigs. Picked it up from his house on occasion - it was like visiting the Addams Family. And we collected it in a hearse.
Old 19-10-2019, 11:13 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
I caught Bev Bevan's tambourine when he lobbed it into the crowd at Wembley Arena in 1978. Does that count?
Old 19-10-2019, 02:59 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post

I played on this Hammond organ at Western Music opposite Surrey Street.
I also touched one of Hendrix's guitars when I worked in John Entwhistle's house.
I don't like to drop names much though.
Of course you did.

Old 19-10-2019, 03:00 PM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
The bird from The Belle Stars?

Old 19-10-2019, 03:25 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Miles
Old 19-10-2019, 03:25 PM
Cruddy Clique

Quote:
The bird from The Belle Stars?
At weekends
Old 19-10-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Of course you did.

It's all true.
Didn't get me anywhere though, did it.
Old 19-10-2019, 10:26 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Kenny Ball?
Old 19-10-2019, 10:32 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Don't know about fandango but who is a farandelero?