Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Closed Thread

Old 14-11-2019, 11:11 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I cast my mind back and feel that none of the parties has ever had a leader I liked or respected very much. Maybe John Smith, and I don't really mind John Major. Oh and Michael Foot.
I think that Ewmg blew a gasket after you said that Major was all right several years ago, but the post seems to have been disappeared.
Old 14-11-2019, 11:13 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
And you think their position is a good one do you? Clear and unambiguous?

No. No you donít. You simply canít.

If youíre honest about it. But youíre too far gone in your blind hatred of anything right of far left.

You puzzle me
What Wolfie hasn't worked out is that sitting at home on his arse popping out for a game of golf he's one of the fat cats McDonnell will target.
Not only will his income from his share portfolio be taxed hard the portfolio itself will shrink as the stalinists grab his investments.
Time to start looking for a job Wolfie.
Old 14-11-2019, 11:19 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
What Wolfie hasn't worked out is that sitting at home on his arse popping out for a game of golf he's one of the fat cats McDonnell will target.
Not only will his income from his share portfolio be taxed hard the portfolio itself will shrink as the stalinists grab his investments.
Or perhaps I have worked it out but feel that the greater good is more important than my own ability to play golf whenever I want...

Some of us think about other people from time to time. When I think of you though Iím generally having a shit.

Cricket wanker.
Old 14-11-2019, 11:22 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
It really depends if you think Brexit matters more to the people who decide these things, than a Johnson govt. It’s certainly not impossible now, that you might get neither. But then I’m risk averse.
Old 14-11-2019, 11:31 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I think that Ewmg blew a gasket after you said that Major was all right several years ago, but the post seems to have been disappeared.
There is much in what Maiden Eagle says, and Elephant is more pure than I.
Old 14-11-2019, 11:31 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
It really depends if you think Brexit matters more to the people who decide these things, than a Johnson govt. It’s certainly not impossible now, that you might get neither. But then I’m risk averse.
It’s not impossible, no. I suspect it is highly unlikely though. To start you’d need a hung parliament, which is certainly possible but the you have Lib Dems who won’t work with Corbyn at all, Lib Dem’s won’t work with SNP if indyref2 is involved. SNP who won’t work with anyone unless indyref2 is involved and god knows what happens when the various different positions on Brexit are combined, or labour’s spending plans.

They’ll all come together? I heard that when May’s deal first came back and I didn’t believe it then, and that was just on Brexit, let alone the other stuff.

Extremely hard to see.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 15-11-2019, 12:04 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Elephant is more pure than I.
As is Johnson.
Old 15-11-2019, 03:18 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
The other broadband companies will take the gov to court under EU competition and right to property laws and win easily.

Still a nice tacit admission by the old gadger that he has zero intention of keeping us in.
Old 15-11-2019, 06:59 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Or perhaps I have worked it out but feel that the greater good is more important than my own ability to play golf whenever I want...

Some of us think about other people from time to time. When I think of you though Iím generally having a shit.

Iíve never seen someone burned as often as Skint. He must enjoy the pain.
Old 15-11-2019, 07:04 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Whereas labour donít have scooby doo what sort of EU deal they would get. And then vote against it. Probably. Perhaps. Maybe.
Even Boris does not have a scooby doo about his own half baked (oven ready) deal, plus he does not want to put that to the people or the parliament because it is so fantastic. I suppose that Is all right.

Old 15-11-2019, 07:52 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
The other broadband companies will take the gov to court under EU competition and right to property laws and win easily.

Still a nice tacit admission by the old gadger that he has zero intention of keeping us in.
It’s all quite bizarre.

There’s also a tacit admission that they are going to have to pay open market value for open reach, see comments about those with pension funds being protected (that’s because they cannot use bilateral investment treaty protection and would have to use the ECHR route instead). This has interesting cost implications for the rest of their nationalisation programmes.

Virgin will only have a case if they actually do the free broadband thing, and the chances of that under the existing proposal are remote as the current plans for that will start a massive trade war with the US (unrelated to Trump for once - the US position on this predates Trump) and is entirely out of sync with the OECD who are trying to solve this globally (which is the only way forward). So I suspect that’s dead well before EU State Aid rules kill the free offer (which I concur they would).

But I imagine that like Brexit it will prove exceedingly popular even if the implications and practicalities of the plan are.....well a quite a lot Brexity
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 15-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Even Boris does not have a scooby doo about his own half baked (oven ready) deal, plus he does not want to put that to the people or the parliament because it is so fantastic. I suppose that Is all right.

He has more idea about it than Corbyn

Which isn’t difficult I know .....

Last edited by Worksop Palace; 15-11-2019 at 08:25 AM.
Old 15-11-2019, 08:18 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
How do you arrest the confirmed terrorist leader of ISIS with a suicide vest on and hell bent on useing it, maybe over a cup of tea, cakes, say please don't press that button and take as with you,there's a good chap ?

Personally I'm a bit of a pacifist but in this instance....

He was actively against the war which lit that powder keg. Why aren't you recognising that foresight?

Others made big and dangerous enemies which cost us in lives and taxes, then kill those people they provoked, and then you sit on their side instead of looking at somebody like Corbyn, who was right all along.
Old 15-11-2019, 08:23 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post

In a stinging tweet, he wrote: ďThe system is corrupt and broken.Ē

I wonder if Farage himself takes any responsibility for that....
Old 15-11-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Agenda ?

Tabloid prejudices ?

Jeez you Corbyn disciples are nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
I’m far from a disciple. I’d rather pretty much anybody else was the leader....

But you carry on and vote for the status quo. It’s going swimmingly for the common man isn’t it?

Exactly. You've got to piss with the dick you've got. Worksop's route is going to get us an Etonian right wing little England bastard majority. My money says I'd rather have Corbyn.
Old 15-11-2019, 08:26 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Bizarre is one way to describe it.

It's hard to know where to start . Is it feasible certainly but not at the cost mentioned in October Labour themselves were suggesting 33bn.
Is it technically the right solution. Currently it maybe for most people 5g would be more the enough. That's where it starts is the investment actually in the right place. Would it be better to develop even faster access to the Internet without wire cable of any kind. China are already looking at 6G.
So go back every home the disruption the issues that have to be faced to make this happen not even discussed. It's been put together with the Union the guarantee for jobs for its members I am sure plays no part.
Will not affect pensions well that's a lie before we start sure it will pay market value for Openreach. Unfortunate though that you have just wiped of millions on all other end suppliers to customers.
Technically for business for the country is it the right answer certainly no. Secure access a secure network is needed.
So it's bizarre to say the least. I argued at the last elelection and have waited on this for the manifestos the need for investment is crucial but it has to be in new technologies.
However above all this is this the best for the country.
Old 15-11-2019, 08:27 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
He was actively against the war which lit that powder keg. Why aren't you recognising that foresight?

Others made big and dangerous enemies which cost us in lives and taxes, then kill those people they provoked, and then you sit on their side instead of looking at somebody like Corbyn, who was right all along.
The issue I have with Corbyn is that his position is based on his ideology rather than facts. Itís exactly the same issue I have with someone who is all for getting involved every single time the US decide to do something.

If you simply oppose (Dove) or are for (Hawk) military intervention no matter what, youíll be right sometimes and wrong sometimes. But thatís based on dumb luck rather than any form of analysis of the situation.
Old 15-11-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch View Post
Jesus. Imagine the waiting time for installation of free broadband by a nationalised BT!
I know many people who have less than 2Mb service today. Just imagine the waiting time for installation. And who the **** wants Amazon and Google to actually pay any tax duh.
Old 15-11-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post

If he's in the target bracket that McDonnell is asking more from then he has nothing to worry about because he's done very well for himself. I'd doubt he notices, until he needs the NHS when h'ell have faster and better treatment.

I'm sure your portfolio will serve you well when your health insurance claim is declined one day. Or you can be the richest bloke in the graveyard.
Old 15-11-2019, 08:39 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Itís all quite bizarre.

Thereís also a tacit admission that they are going to have to pay open market value for open reach, see comments about those with pension funds being protected (thatís because they cannot use bilateral investment treaty protection and would have to use the ECHR route instead). This has interesting cost implications for the rest of their nationalisation programmes.

Virgin will only have a case if they actually do the free broadband thing, and the chances of that under the existing proposal are remote as the current plans for that will start a massive trade war with the US (unrelated to Trump for once - the US position on this predates Trump) and is entirely out of sync with the OECD who are trying to solve this globally (which is the only way forward). So I suspect thatís dead well before EU State Aid rules kill the free offer (which I concur they would).

But I imagine that like Brexit it will prove exceedingly popular even if the implications and practicalities of the plan are.....well a quite a lot Brexity
York provides free broadband already. There are many state telephone companies operating monopolies. And of course BT used to belong to the government.

Could companies not bid to provide free broadband?