Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-11-2019, 04:11 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Welcome.
Old 15-11-2019, 08:08 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
American spelling I dislike too ...
It's flavor of the month.
Old 15-11-2019, 02:08 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
It's normal to use 'So' to ask a question but the new habit of using 'So' to answer a question is mildly irritating.

"So, when did it become acceptable to use 'So' as the introduction to an answer?"

"So, it's probably in the last couple of years that it's become common"

"So, is it used in that way mainly by young people?"

"So, yes"

"So - there we have it !"
"Perfect!"

Is another word that the youth seem to throw into conversation, particularly those employed in customer services. Are they being trained to say this? Generally whatever you have been discussing is not "Perfect", rather it is simply what was expected in the first place.
Old 15-11-2019, 04:32 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I remember in "Darling Buds of May", David Jason used to say "Perfic". I also think back to this when I hear someone saying "perfect", which as stated above seems to be the "in" word at the moment. I've even found myself saying it... or at least "perfic"!
Old 15-11-2019, 04:38 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I'm not sure if this is annoyance, a moan, or confusion... my medical insurance company takes the premium by direct debit on the 1st of every month. They have just informed me that starting this month they will be taking the premium on the last day of the month. Seeing as they already took money on the first of November they are scheduled to take another on the 30th of November and then 31st of December.

This makes 13 installments in 2019, which strikes me as not kosher. I appreciate it will all come out in the wash, but seems like a nice little bonus for them to make their 2019 numbers look better.

Am I wrong?
Old 16-11-2019, 06:38 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Show off ‘ look at me’ contestants on quiz shows.
Old 16-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A la the recent Planet of the Apes revival, has someone jemmied the padlock at the Hooray Henry internment facility? I’ve worked in the City for the past 30 years and after a 10 to 15 year lull, there now seems to be a resurgence of middle class twits taking drivel. The Clapham Set are back! Approach with caution if someone intersperses every utterance with OTT superlatives. Which is absolutely perfect, unbelievable and super advice from Moi. Toodles.
Old 16-11-2019, 08:18 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Phillip View Post
A la the recent Planet of the Apes revival, has someone jemmied the padlock at the Hooray Henry internment facility? I’ve worked in the City for the past 30 years and after a 10 to 15 year lull, there now seems to be a resurgence of middle class twits taking drivel. The Clapham Set are back! Approach with caution if someone intersperses every utterance with OTT superlatives. Which is absolutely perfect, unbelievable and super advice from Moi. Toodles.
Old 17-11-2019, 05:28 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Kosovo v England and the ******* CLACKERS. I hope we stuff them.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 17-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Looking good defensively .....

Edit. Wrong thread

Last edited by Worksop Palace; 17-11-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 17-11-2019, 06:14 PM

Bugs76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBugs76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBugs76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBugs76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBugs76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBugs76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBugs76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBugs76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBugs76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBugs76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBugs76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Christmas adverts e.g. John Lewis. I couldn’t give a crap.
Send the money to the needy and stop these stupid adverts which make us feel ‘all gooey about Christmas’
Old 17-11-2019, 06:41 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs76 View Post
The Christmas adverts e.g. John Lewis. I couldn’t give a crap.
Send the money to the needy and stop these stupid adverts which make us feel ‘all gooey about Christmas’
Special mention for the Amazon advert.

Everyboddy, needs some ... crap. Had it all last year. This ones even worse. Read need this till January
Old 17-11-2019, 06:58 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Ordering a coke at the bar, and the barmaid having to ask back 'is Pepsi okay?'
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 18-11-2019, 06:55 AM

EastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At work last night bar was busy “4 pints of Stella please” just as I poor the last one “anything else mate” yeah a pint of Guinness “
Old 18-11-2019, 08:23 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
To be fair, “anything else mate” should have been your immediate response to customer ordering four Stellas. Then you nip the situation in the bud...
Old 18-11-2019, 08:30 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBerksEagle View Post
At work last night bar was busy “4 pints of Stella please” just as I poor the last one “anything else mate” yeah a pint of Guinness “
Ohh that actually made my shoulders slump

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 18-11-2019, 08:43 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Ordering a coke at the bar, and the barmaid having to ask back 'is Pepsi okay?'
One thing that pisses me off is ordering Coke and being given some feeble substitute for Coke on the assumption that by Coke I mean whatever shitey brand of generic cola happens to be available. No I don't. I mean f***ing Coke FFS. There is no such thing as an acceptable substitute.

And the number of places that stock Pepsi instead of Coke seems to be rising. Waiting staff are frequently surprised when I won't accept Pepsi instead of Coke.
Old 18-11-2019, 08:45 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah, that is piss-poor.
Old 18-11-2019, 10:55 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
One thing that pisses me off is ordering Coke and being given some feeble substitute for Coke on the assumption that by Coke I mean whatever shitey brand of generic cola happens to be available. No I don't. I mean f***ing Coke FFS. There is no such thing as an acceptable substitute.

And the number of places that stock Pepsi instead of Coke seems to be rising. Waiting staff are frequently surprised when I won't accept Pepsi instead of Coke.
Im prepared to bet that you wouldnt know the difference.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 18-11-2019, 10:56 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I hope you made them wait....a long time.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.