Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-01-2019, 09:38 AM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Cormac McCarthy does my head in. All the pretty horses was good but after that his style is unintelligible
I also have The border Trilogy to read including that one - is it worth it?
Old 01-01-2019, 10:30 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Never heard of this author or books, please elucidate.
Based in Denmark. Main character deals with cold cases. Not as dark as Nesbo. Good characters and a touch of humour in the sometimes grim storylines. For some reason the series have different titles in the UK and the U.S.. Read in order as the characters and understories develop.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:52 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04 View Post
As I said, All The Pretty Horses (the first in the trilogy) was good...I then tried to read one called Blood Meridian and it was such a mess to read I gave up. Haven't tried any of his stuff again.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 01-01-2019, 01:55 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Sharpes eagle. I always do Jan 1st. When finished, it will be Catch 22

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:00 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Based in Denmark. Main character deals with cold cases. Not as dark as Nesbo. Good characters and a touch of humour in the sometimes grim storylines. For some reason the series have different titles in the UK and the U.S.. Read in order as the characters and understories develop.
Thanks. Will check it out.

Finished the latest Murakami this evening. I thought it fantastic
Old 01-01-2019, 09:49 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
Sharpes eagle. I always do Jan 1st. When finished, it will be Catch 22
I am.considering reading the whole series......again.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:51 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Thanks. Will check it out.

Finished the latest Murakami this evening. I thought it fantastic
What is the latest?
Old 02-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Received Tombland for Christmas, it is good to be back in the sixteenth century.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:14 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04 View Post
Yes, although if you don't enjoy All the pretty horses then don't bother with the rest of the trilogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
As I said, All The Pretty Horses (the first in the trilogy) was good...I then tried to read one called Blood Meridian and it was such a mess to read I gave up. Haven't tried any of his stuff again.
Blood Meridian was a classic. One of the best books I've ever read. That said I think CM's writing style won't appeal to everyone and Blood Meridian is probably the bleakest off his works.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Stand by Stephen King. Enjoying it so far, the books size has always put me off previously. Only another 1,100 pages to go !

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 03-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Class Swot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post

Blood Meridian was a classic. One of the best books I've ever read. That said I think CM's writing style won't appeal to everyone and Blood Meridian is probably the bleakest off his works.
You're not the first person.to say this about BM, which is why I gave it a try, I just found it too much like hard work.to.enjoy.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:14 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re Cormac McCarthy: I loved The Road (the first of his I read), so then bought Blood Meridien. I barely finished it, found it really tough to read, and haven't bothered with any more of his.

Re. 11.22.63 - now around 600 pages in, and wowzer! Is good!
Old 04-01-2019, 09:17 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanet Eagle View Post
The Stand by Stephen King. Enjoying it so far, the books size has always put me off previously. Only another 1,100 pages to go !
Sure I've said this here before, but The Stand is my favourite book of all time. Read it through twice - the second time immediately after the first, I just started it again - and will certainly do so again.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Class Swot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post

Re. 11.22.63 - now around 600 pages in, and wowzer! Is good!
The book that resurrected my love for King.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:22 AM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm currently reading The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, a reworking and broadening of the Illiad as seen through the eyes of Patroclus, Achilles' lover. Excellent so far.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:24 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
The Birds of the Western Palearctic. As this is the "concise" edition it weighs a mere six kilos.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:48 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
The Birds of the Western Palearctic. As this is the "concise" edition it weighs a mere six kilos.
Full title please:

Handbook of the Birds of Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa: The Birds of the Western Palearctic.

Handbook. LOL.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:55 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Full title please:

Handbook of the Birds of Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa: The Birds of the Western Palearctic.

Handbook. LOL.
Known in the trade as the BWP.

(Not a brother of Shaun Wright-Phillips by the way
Old 04-01-2019, 01:56 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Known in the trade as the BWP.

(Not a brother of Shaun Wright-Phillips by the way
The door-stopping trade?
Old 04-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Class Swot.

After a few heavy tomes I am reading "Meg" by Steve Alten...was amazed to find that this is the first in a series of five books.