Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-01-2019, 11:55 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush in 1978 always reminds me of being really happy and content about something at that time,,,,but for the life of me I’ve never been able to remember what it was that I was so happy and content about!!
A lot of the children’s tv themes when I was very young garner that kind of calm and contentedness when I hear them: Mr Men, Trumpton, Mr Benn.

I guess because your brain is uncluttered and free of bollox at that point.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 05-01-2019, 04:38 PM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anything by the Tom Robinson Band, I was about 15-16 and wanted to change the world.

Things can only get better-1997, Labour winning the general election for the first time in 20 years and genuine hope for the future.

All out of love-air supply, getting pissed on a bottle of vodka having been dumped by girlfriend/1st real love-little did I know!
Old 05-01-2019, 09:55 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
We don't have to take our clothes off. Kos 1987.

The Jermaine Stewart song held quite nice mammories too.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
S-Express, holiday in Spain, they played it several times every night!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 06-01-2019, 12:37 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Now I'm not usually one for sweaty sock stuff but I've always loved this...

It's always reminded me of The Commodore 64, my first true love and how we've always been genetically better than our Scottish low brows.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:52 PM

colonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Life of Riley (Lightning Seeds) is Goal of the Month
Nothing else ever comes close
Old 07-01-2019, 01:00 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Whenever I hear The Beatles' "Magical Mystery Tour", I am reminded of the Match of the Day highlights of THAT semi-final at Villa Park in 1990.

The album had been re-mastered and re-released the week before and the BBC played it as the soundtrack to their end-of-programme goal-clips ... which I must have re-watched about a million times ...
Old 07-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Whenever I hear The Beatles' "Magical Mystery Tour", I am reminded of the Match of the Day highlights of THAT semi-final at Villa Park in 1990.

The album had been re-mastered and re-released the week before and the BBC played it as the soundtrack to their end-of-programme goal-clips ... which I must have re-watched about a million times ...
They also used it (I think) for the montage of our and Man Utd's respective routes to the final in the pre-match build up.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 07-01-2019, 01:16 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That famous Aztec Camera song reminds me of playing Super Robin Hood on the Amstrad C64 on Sundays in my sisters room when we were kids.

We always listened to the charts whilst playing it and that one reminds me of it the most.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:34 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
They also used it (I think) for the montage of our and Man Utd's respective routes to the final in the pre-match build up.
I think that's right - although I was stuck in a traffic jam on the M6 at the time, so only saw that one a few times when I watched the whole match back again.

I think I still have that VHS tape somewhere, but not sure whether I have a working machine to play it on !
Old 07-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I think I still have that VHS tape somewhere, but not sure whether I have a working machine to play it on !
Same here!

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk