Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-10-2018, 10:42 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco mixx kidd View Post
I'm sure yep
Sold mine in 2015/16
Estate agents lied said it was cash buyer
Turned out it was multiple landlord and he was struggling to raise mortgage
It took like five months til I said I was gonna put in back on market if he didn't cover my mortgage on the gaff, £400 a week, he lodged £2,k with agent cash and it took four more weeks,they paid me £1600
Said they'd never had this happen before

Last edited by Hpalace; 24-10-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Old 24-10-2018, 10:47 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
Indemnity Insurance is it the next PPI scandal really beginning to wonder the payout percentage against premiums collected by these companies.
Mate u are so right
We pay to insure mortgage company incase they have to claim If we forfiet !! Lol win win for them
Outrageous
And they sell the property and the indemnity insurance covers the shortfall if proceeds don't cover mortgage
They also try to add cost onto your mortgage
So you end up paying interest on it for 25 yrs
I paid mine in cash on principle!
If proceeds cover mortgage do u get the excess?
One Labour MP son went to prison in the 80's by renting out mortgaged gaffs, never paid back a penny
House repossessed,value had gone up,rising market,he was paid excess once mortgage was covered
He did this over ten times..
Old 25-10-2018, 07:50 AM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Norwoodsman View Post

Anyway moaning about on here has been quite cathartic. If we ever do move I'm never moving again and will die in that bloody house.
Hang in there.

We complete tomorrow on a sale that we started nearly eighteen months ago, which fell through once due to issues with our lease, and threatened to do so again when we found new buyers despite extending the lease in the meantime.

Itís been a long old process and we got there in the end but I concur - once we get into our new place tomorrow the only way Iím leaving is in a wooden box.

If itís been cathartic whinging on here I wish I thought of it - Iím surprised Iíve got any hair left after the last couple of months!
Old 25-10-2018, 08:00 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
This thread brings it all back for me!

Hopefully I don't ever move again!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 25-10-2018, 07:51 PM

The Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
Hang in there.

We complete tomorrow on a sale that we started nearly eighteen months ago, which fell through once due to issues with our lease, and threatened to do so again when we found new buyers despite extending the lease in the meantime.

Itís been a long old process and we got there in the end but I concur - once we get into our new place tomorrow the only way Iím leaving is in a wooden box.

If itís been cathartic whinging on here I wish I thought of it - Iím surprised Iíve got any hair left after the last couple of months!
Holy shit. Eighteen months. On stress levels of past three months I would be literally dead in half that time.

Congratulations on making it. I feel a bit of a moany bitch in comparison now.

Our buyer has now out of the blue asked for her (extremely expensive) surveyor to come up from leafy Surrey to do a second visit to 'check property against the lease' whatever the hell that means.

Apparently her solicitor advised this which I find hard to believe, with chain about 5mm away from collapsing and them surely wanting her to just sign contracts and leave them alone now.

We were supposed to be days away from exchanging contracts at this point. Place is share of freehold and almost nothing in our lease relates to anything inspectable as such. There's something about painting walls every seven years but beyond that I'm struggling to be honest.

After a full survey, an inspection for Knotweed in communal garden and a separate damp inspection this is a request for a fourth inspection on site. Each time there has been no serious follow up about anything after various reports.

Has anyone ever experienced this kind of check at this point? Why would a surveyor re-survey a place on basis of a draft lease - other than to be paid twice by someone fairly gullible?

I have queried what the purpose of this is as I genuinely think she's just trolling me now...
Old 25-10-2018, 08:20 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozzy71 View Post
I tried really hard to not click into this thread, but too late now !!

We've moved 3 times and the first 2 were just fine.

Third time around we started looking approx. 1 year before we needed to move to ensure we were in the new house in time for the school application.

After a few very odd viewings (one tried to negotiate a price for the curtains and never even bid on the house) we found a buyer, a young couple expecting a baby. No chain their end so seemed straightforward.

The process started to slow down the closer we got to exchange and they dicked us about asking us to get letters from a builder who removed a chimney stack and crap like that. Got a call from the agent on exchange day to say they’d pulled out.

We’d already paid our valuation fee for the one we were buying and had less than 6 weeks before we had to have moved for the school application.

We were then lucky enough to find a woman my Wife worked with who happened to mention she was viewing a house in the same road. We told her about ours, she seemed interested so we took it off the market. She and her boyfriend viewed it and made an offer. Lower than we wanted, but we took a view that a) time was running out and b) we were saving on the agents fee.

Well, these people made our life hell !! They had no chain. My Wife’s work colleague wouldn’t speak to her about it or let us know what was going on – she just referred my Wife to her IFA. We had to arrange a short completion after exchange and on the day of exchange they wanted to post a bankers draft to their IFA in Tottenham. To save on the delay we had to arrange and pay for a bike to take it.

On completion, our removal firm had the house empty by late morning and by lunchtime funds had been exchanged and we completed. We made calls to the other side and were told they were “on their way”. The drive was from Purley to Selsdon. We called again after an hour and got some bullsh!t from them so we left the keys with the next-door neighbour and left. By this time it was 3pm and December so we had to drive 45 minutes to Dormansland and unpack a large lorry in the dark.

I hope I never have to move again. The laws in this country offer no protection to the seller (or indeed the buyer) and as much as it grates me to say it the Scottish way of being bound by your sealed bid seems much better.

And breath….!!!
Hang on. Once the money had changed hands the house was theirs, so I would have text them and said "We're leaving at 1pm and if you aren't here you'll find the keys in the flowerpot behind the shed". If's their house at this point and if they choose to leave it unoccupied and unlocked that's their problem.
Old 25-10-2018, 09:56 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Holy shit. Eighteen months. On stress levels of past three months I would be literally dead in half that time.

Our buyer has now out of the blue asked for her (extremely expensive) surveyor to come up from leafy Surrey to do a second visit to 'check property against the lease' whatever the hell that means.

Apparently her solicitor advised this which I find hard to believe, with chain about 5mm away from collapsing and them surely wanting her to just sign contracts and leave them alone now.

We were supposed to be days away from exchanging contracts at this point. Place is share of freehold and almost nothing in our lease relates to anything inspectable as such. There's something about painting walls every seven years but beyond that I'm struggling to be honest.

After a full survey, an inspection for Knotweed in communal garden and a separate damp inspection this is a request for a fourth inspection on site. Each time there has been no serious follow up about anything after various reports.

Has anyone ever experienced this kind of check at this point? Why would a surveyor re-survey a place on basis of a draft lease - other than to be paid twice by someone fairly gullible?

I have queried what the purpose of this is as I genuinely think she's just trolling me now...
If they are asking for a check against the lease it could be a question as to whether the Land Registry/Lease plan matches what is actually on the ground. It is not unknown for it not to be. It generally only gets done if there is a query or if you have a very nervous buyer, all solicitors will advise clients to make sure that what they are buying according to the plans is what they have seen on the ground - again it is not uncommon for it not to be the same even in freeholds if little bits of land are registered under different title numbers because they were bought separately. If the buyer is really nervous she may decide to have it checked professionally.

The JK thing is becoming a lot more common as is JK and if your reply in the PIF was "dont know" to the question about whether the property had JK a prudent buyer may well want to check because it is a bugger if you have got it, it may be a communal garden but you would still be the one paying for it to be dealt with via the service charge. The damp inspection will have been done on the surveyors advice - presumably because his damp meter showed a bit more damp than usual. I can understand your concern but actually some people have drains inspections, gas inspections, builders round to look at alterations (either already done or intended), turn up to measure up for curtains, bring round the in-laws, electric tests, final (am I really sure about this) inspections just before exchanging - four in total is not that unusual.

As you said you have a needy buyer you will just have to grit your teeth. At least she isn't trying to negotiate a massive discount - that is pretty common atm

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis

Last edited by sw16girl; 25-10-2018 at 10:03 PM.
Old 26-10-2018, 05:56 AM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Layman that I am as far as I can tell leaseholds/share of freeholds are nothing but a complete and utter cluster**** to sell.

We had a missing memorandum of staircasing to 100% ownership, which cost us £300, it took so long we had to extend the lease at £5k to make it more attractive to sell, and still there was a clause our buyers were unhappy about, which was another £1100 for a deed of variation.

Iím fairly certain leases benefit everyone financially but the ******* owner - so glad to be getting out of one.

Well - I say that until my roof caves in and have to find the cash myself I guess!
Old 11-01-2019, 09:07 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Exchanged finally process started back in August the delays with the buyer of our buyer has driven me to distraction..... however on the 23rd January moving to Verwood just outside Bournemouth a lot closer to Selhurst so hopefully will get to a game or two latter in the season.
I love the village here in Lincolnshire but time to be a little realistic with the kids who were close by now spread out around the UK it was time to move the wife closer to her family. For 20 years since we got together she has been with me no closer than 120 miles to her family and friends due firstly to work. Health issues with her more than me this year made us assess what was right for us now though far smaller property its on the edge of Verwood close to the New Forest we are both looking forward to it. Being closer to Selhurst is the added bonus for me.......being close to the new Great Grandaughter let alone the rest of her family and friends is the bonus for her. I am marginally closer to mine as well.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Great grand daughter at 63? Everyone got cracking early?

Good luck with the move. I may have to steal your username though if you no longer have a claim to it
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 11-01-2019 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:16 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post

Good luck with the move. I may have to steal your username though if you no longer have a claim to it
Blimey, you've got me thinking but Mrs NKEs mum had a couple by the time she was about 65.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:20 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post

N Herts is in the heart though born in SE London I lived there for 45 years....
Starting early runs in the wifes family late teens early twenties.. she is a little older than me as well we got together 20 year ago Just before the Mother in Law died we managed to get a 5 generation photo with her alway through the generations to her Great Great Grandson
Old 11-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
That’s pretty impressive
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:57 AM
A Palace Comrade

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Exchanged finally process started back in August the delays with the buyer of our buyer has driven me to distraction..... however on the 23rd January moving to Verwood just outside Bournemouth a lot closer to Selhurst so hopefully will get to a game or two latter in the season.
I love the village here in Lincolnshire but time to be a little realistic with the kids who were close by now spread out around the UK it was time to move the wife closer to her family. For 20 years since we got together she has been with me no closer than 120 miles to her family and friends due firstly to work. Health issues with her more than me this year made us assess what was right for us now though far smaller property its on the edge of Verwood close to the New Forest we are both looking forward to it. Being closer to Selhurst is the added bonus for me.......being close to the new Great Grandaughter let alone the rest of her family and friends is the bonus for her. I am marginally closer to mine as well.
All the best for the move and your new life mate

Hope it all goes well
Old 12-01-2019, 12:17 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I have a buddy who lives in Verwood. Beautiful place. I'm sure you'll love it there.