Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-01-2019, 09:37 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Slowly! None of the restaurants are open yet. Looks shite as well. Cinema is excellent though.
Looks like a bunch of chain eateries going in there also. Any chance of a decent restaurant going in?

Area looks like something out of the 70's... what were they thinking?
Old 07-01-2019, 12:21 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
A Twelve-Year Night

All I wanted was a quiet movie that would let me digest my roast beef and doze on the sofa. Thinking this Uruguayan movie may be a good candidate, I clicked okay, not thinking for a minute I'd watch the whole damned thing.

The true story of three political prisoners taken by the dictatorship government and held in isolation for twelve long years. The fact they seemed more interested in telling the actual story of these poor buggers in a subtle, honest way when it could've leaned towards Oscar enticing melodrama set this movie apart. Not sure if this was produced by Netflix, if it was, it's a huge step in the right direction.

8.5/10
Agreed. It’s a good movie.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:46 PM
Crap Clique member

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Looks like a bunch of chain eateries going in there also. Any chance of a decent restaurant going in?

Area looks like something out of the 70's... what were they thinking?
Its taken them.so.long they probably thought the 70's would be back in fashion by the time they finished.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 07-01-2019, 08:28 PM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is here
Mystic River (2003). I've been meaning to watch this ever since I first saw it advertised, and now I have I can't help feeling a little underwhelmed.
it was o.k., but it wasn't the cinematic tour de force I'd always been led to believe it was.

Martyrs (2008). Dear god! I'm not sure whether this was brilliant or sickening. All I know is that if anyone ever recommends this film to you, never let them babysit your kids or look after your pets. In fact, don't let them in your house.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:46 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
The Favourite.

Wonderful.
On my to watch list.

Olivia Colman just won the Globe for it.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:11 AM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch View Post

Martyrs (2008). Dear god! I'm not sure whether this was brilliant or sickening. All I know is that if anyone ever recommends this film to you, never let them babysit your kids or look after your pets. In fact, don't let them in your house.
Martyrs is a quality horror film. From the genre changes to the philosophical and religious debate, it's one of the best horror films around.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:05 PM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
The Shape Of Water.
Splash meets The Creature From The Black Lagoon.

Not worthy of my critique outta 10.
Yep have to agree, didn't get any of my juices flowing
Old 08-01-2019, 02:00 PM

Littlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bumblebee - Basically it's a newer version of E.T. but manages to work because Michael Bay didn't direct this one. Keeps faithful to the original Cartoons, very funny in places and has a banging 80s soundtrack!
Old 09-01-2019, 10:53 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Green Book - comes out next week I believe.
Outstanding & not to be missed.
Racial prejudice in the early 60’s in the deep south.
Based on a true story about the relationship between a black musician and an Italian New Yorker on a road trip. Superb performances & terrific script.
I expect this to be one of my films of the year.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:04 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lords Eagle View Post
Yep have to agree, didn't get any of my juices flowing
I liked it initially, and tend to like quirky films.

But it just got too silly later on and I started laughing at it, which I don’t think was the reaction the director was aiming for?

So I was rather disappointed by it and it wouldn’t have been my choice for Best Film. That would probably have been 3 Billboards or Dunkirk.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:12 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Off thread subject I know, but how is that whole St. Mark's Square progressing.

I see the Premier Inn Hotel is also open. Photos make the area look like White Heart Lane under construction still!
I think its just Nandos and the VUE so far. The cinema is great though. £8 for a reclining seat and you can take a proper pint in.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:41 AM

Lazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I watched "Loveless" last night, a Russian film directed by Andrei Zvyagintsev (who also directed "Leviathan", a truly great film). This is on a par with Leviathan. It's very melancholy and bleak. Although it's set in Russia, what it has to say is universally, albeit depressingly true. I thoroughly recommend this film - 10/10.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:39 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Bird box

What an utter pile of shit
Old 12-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Deadpool 2. Very very silly but quite amusing
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 13-01-2019, 12:05 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
The Big Short - 9/10 Excellent, engaging film with a superb cast, and apparently pretty accurate about the financial crash.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 13-01-2019 at 12:10 AM.
Old 13-01-2019, 12:15 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Blackkklansman 8/10 good film bit of a thought provoking ending. I think they got the balance right.

Equaliser 2 enjoyed the first one but this just seemed to be a money spinner withought much thought. All very predictable. 5/10

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 13-01-2019, 06:50 AM
Crap Clique member

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
A Simple Favour - Anna Kendricks as an uptight single mum, meets high flying, exotic and mysterious mum Blake Lively.....starts as a comedy but turns into something darker...but still maintains its comedy... which makes this a rather weird experience. Worth a watch. 7/10

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 13-01-2019, 07:02 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Venom, very watchable,

Agree with comments above about the Big Short, good film
Old 13-01-2019, 10:36 PM

The12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ibiza Undead - low budget. Quite funny.
Old 14-01-2019, 02:32 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
rewatched The Witch. Excellent film that clicked with me unlike the first time and probably the best horror I've seen for a long time. The growing tension throughout the film, the imagery, the setting and use of the dialect to immerse the viewer in 1630's America, the understated but beautiful cinematography, the acting (Anya Taylor-Joy is v good) the ending all made for a great film. Seems very 50/50 on whether people like it though. 9/10