Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
good work mate, I've never lasted more than a couple of weeks when trying not to drink
Old 08-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Registered Confused.

Brod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by jolly
Time for an update. 5 and a bit weeks now lost a stone done loads round the house and my wife says i have stopped snoring.

So far nothing good to report yet will i survive the world cup without a drink ?
Great stuff!

And if you have a drink or two, there's no reason to beat yourself up for it. It happens.

"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
Old 08-06-2006, 02:56 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by jolly
Time for an update. 5 and a bit weeks now lost a stone done loads round the house and my wife says i have stopped snoring.

So far nothing good to report yet will i survive the world cup without a drink ?

Well done.

As to the World Cup, well I would suggest trying to avoid Pubs and the like unless you are very strong willed because the pressure will be on you to just have the 'one pint'.

Of course you might be happy enough to go along and enjoy a glass of Pop but that makes you a stronger man than me.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:57 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Brod
Great stuff!

And if you have a drink or two, there's no reason to beat yourself up for it. It happens.

I would disgree. If you have given up then there is not going back and having a 'drink or two'.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:18 PM

Justin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Interesting point. I work with a guy who has been in rehab a few times. He was clear for a number of years but over the last few he has had several periods where he has relapsed badly.

I do wonder if it is because the minute he has one drink he thinks, f*ck it now that I have given in, I might as well get hammered. If alcholics were taught perhaps the odd drink or mad night isn't so bad then they would not turn falling off the wagon into such a big deal and then really lose it.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:23 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin
Interesting point. I work with a guy who has been in rehab a few times. He was clear for a number of years but over the last few he has had several periods where he has relapsed badly.

I do wonder if it is because the minute he has one drink he thinks, f*ck it now that I have given in, I might as well get hammered. If alcholics were taught perhaps the odd drink or mad night isn't so bad then they would not turn falling off the wagon into such a big deal and then really lose it.

I dont know but the booze seems to have that ability to give you a 'taste' for it.

Lets be honest we all know of occassions when we stopped off for a single quick drink after work and eventually got home three days later. I would guess that for an Alcholic they can NEVER have a drink again. Moderation is just not an option for them. My own drink problem is that I cannot abide just having one or two drinks. I dont see the point. So I either drink shed loads or not at all. I would love to be able to limit my drinking but its just not practical.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:26 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
My own drink problem is that I cannot abide just having one or two drinks. I dont see the point. So I either drink shed loads or not at all. I would love to be able to limit my drinking but its just not practical.
ditto, had some beers at a festival with Neil the Eagle and got ratted on a stag, but that's the only booze I've had in the last 10 weeks.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does your tolerance suffer?

When I didn't drink much when I was going round the world, when I got back, I got absolutely wasted on about 4 pints.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:45 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
Does your tolerance suffer?

I'll let you know on Monday
Old 08-06-2006, 04:00 PM

Fester is loud, is proud, is PalaceFester is loud, is proud, is PalaceFester is loud, is proud, is PalaceFester is loud, is proud, is PalaceFester is loud, is proud, is PalaceFester is loud, is proud, is PalaceFester is loud, is proud, is PalaceFester is loud, is proud, is Palace
Never really considered myself a heavy drinker until I sat down and worked out how much I actually consumed. It then quickly became apparent that my 3-5 nights a week out playing darts, poker, snooker etc at a drinking rate of 6-12 pints a night was way too much. I've now had a bet with a friend that I won't touch a drop from May 7th to 31st July inclusive and so far I've lost nearly 1 stone and saved several hundred pounds. Despite never thinking I had a dependency issue, it's still very pleasing to note that I haven't missed it at all, still go out two or three nights a week and plan to watch the world cup with friends, in pubs but without beer.

I sincerely hope those of you who wish to cut down/give up find it as easy.

Yours fairly smugly,
F
Old 08-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Whaaaaaaaat!

wholethedougin! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewholethedougin! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewholethedougin! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewholethedougin! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewholethedougin! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewholethedougin! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewholethedougin! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewholethedougin! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewholethedougin! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewholethedougin! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewholethedougin! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good luck fella. Stick your guns.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:24 PM

apple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
[B If alcholics were taught perhaps the odd drink or mad night isn't so bad then they would not turn falling off the wagon into such a big deal and then really lose it. [/B]

Alcholics can't have the odd drink or mad night it's impossible.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:36 PM

Justin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I appreciate the logic in that and also accept its common wisdom. I also accept I am not an alcoholic so can't really comment (although I would be upset if I was told I could never have another drink). However the guy I know beats himself up terribly if he has a drink and so goes on week long benders. I believe it is a mixture of guilt and also the fact that if he has fallen off the wagon then he might as well do it in spectacular fashion.

If having the odd drink wasn't so frowned upon maybe it would not lead to the huge problems it does.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:07 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Quote:

If having the odd drink wasn't so frowned upon maybe it would not lead to the huge problems it does.

Its not frowned upon but if he is at the stage where he will go on week long benders then I would assume that he needs to not drink at all. It would not just be a case of having the odd glass of wine or a cold glass of beer after work. Having a drink problem tends to mean its an all or nothing solution.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:13 PM

apple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
[B
If having the odd drink wasn't so frowned upon maybe it would not lead to the huge problems it does. [/B]

It is a case of 1 is too many and 100's not enough. Alcolholism is an illness.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:23 AM
the lovely river mole

jolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
Its not frowned upon but if he is at the stage where he will go on week long benders then I would assume that he needs to not drink at all. It would not just be a case of having the odd glass of wine or a cold glass of beer after work. Having a drink problem tends to mean its an all or nothing solution.
Having been an alchoholic (still amd I hear you all shout) there is a difference between people in their alcholism and their tolerance if (and probably when ) i have a drink three pints of stella and i'll be all over the place. But, I was never a "bender" drinker I never drank till i was sick or fell over I just drank...... lots most people refuse to accept i had a drink problem at all because they rarely saw me drunk and it was unusual for me to stay anywhere long enough that anyone would notice how much i had drunk. I found i was lying to my wife not the big lies I'd say I stopped for a pint on the way home I'd have had six ! but she didnt know because it didnt show on me, or maybe she chose not to notice

on the point of smugness my wife used to say if i gave up booze she would give up chocolate well she is still a chocalte monster how smug am I ?

cheers pissheadychoclatemonster boys

Jolly
Old 09-06-2006, 07:28 AM
the lovely river mole

jolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
BTW i have just re-read this thread and i sound like a sad lonely self centred dipso. I prefer to think I am not and the couple of you i have met i hope will agrree I am a diamond geezer LOL

This thread was meant to be a release for other people to talk about their drinking not an introverted look at my problems

so tell us yours
Old 09-06-2006, 07:40 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
I think I might have a drink problem. I don't hammer it but seldom does a night go by when i don't fancy a glass or two of red wine and, before I know it I am almost down to the bottom of the bottle. Mat's right, one or two drinks don't really seem worthwhile but I know that regularly drinking 2/3 of a bottle of wine isn't good. I tell myself I won't have a drink the following night but when it comes round i really fancy one again. I guess it's not a couple of bottles and it's not spirits, but nevertheless the craving is there, and once I have one glass i have to have more.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:47 AM
the lovely river mole

Quote:
Originally posted by Al From Bromley
I think I might have a drink problem. I don't hammer it but seldom does a night go by when i don't fancy a glass or two of red wine and, before I know it I am almost down to the bottom of the bottle. Mat's right, one or two drinks don't really seem worthwhile but I know that regularly drinking 2/3 of a bottle of wine isn't good. I tell myself I won't have a drink the following night but when it comes round i really fancy one again. I guess it's not a couple of bottles and it's not spirits, but nevertheless the craving is there, and once I have one glass i have to have more.

So true an open bottle was an empty bottle for me which was why i never bought wine boxes LOL
Old 09-06-2006, 07:47 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Al From Bromley
Have to be honest 2/3 of a bottle of wine doesn't sound a lot to me, the French have that for brekkie. Change 'craving' for 'fancy a drop of wine' and it don't sound to bad. I know lots of people that drink more than that who don't consider it a problem.
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg