Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Which high street retailer will be the next to go down the toilet?

My money's on either WHSmith or BHS, mainly because both have dated formats and sell a load of crap. I think Robert Dyas could also follow soon. Whereas shops like Poundland are likely to thrive.

Who do you think is likely to follow Woolies?
Old 18-12-2008, 09:30 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Zavvi
Old 18-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Oh yeah, forgot about them, they're as good as flushed ain't they?
Old 18-12-2008, 09:33 AM

MicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What company do you think will go into all the closed Woolies stores? I'm thinking maybe Wilkinson's.
Old 18-12-2008, 09:37 AM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksSis
What company do you think will go into all the closed Woolies stores? I'm thinking maybe Wilkinson's.
Poundland are buying a load arnt they?
Old 18-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

I reckon many Woolies will end up as Tesco Metro, Sainsburys Local etc.
Old 18-12-2008, 09:41 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
W H Smiths have been in trouble for a long time and I heard them described as being a pension fund with shops. Not sure if they will fail because they have some cracking real estate although I am not sure if they have done what Woolworths did and sold off a lot of it and just retained the leases.

My money is on one of the clothing chains. Have a friend in the rag trade on the cloth supplying side of things and she says that there are a lot of shops just looking to get through to Christmas and then go under.

And with the next quarters commerical rents due on December 24th, it could be the crunch time.
Old 18-12-2008, 09:41 AM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller
I reckon many Woolies will end up as Tesco Metro, Sainsburys Local etc.
Didn't Tesco's purchase quite a few of them a couple of months back in areas where they don't have a presence ?.

Suspect they'll be in Central Croydon in the new year
"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 18-12-2008, 09:51 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Curry's?
Old 18-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Padrino
Poundland are buying a load arnt they?
Which, given the origins of Woolworths, is ironic really.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 18-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Beer Lover

ginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Zavvi for me will be the next casualty
Old 18-12-2008, 09:54 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Curry's will be gone at some point next year
Old 18-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Dixons, or whatever they are called now, are in a terrible state
Old 18-12-2008, 09:57 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
like ive said, i hate whsmith these days, and i hope they go bust. Zavvi surely are close...
Old 18-12-2008, 10:06 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
WH Smiths fortunes are overly reliant on the magazine trade and like woolies have too confused an identity. The internet is definite threat to their magazines and book sales. Cd's are over and DVD sales must be falling. If you need stationary doo you go to Rymans, office depot or Smith's ......

Look at how Borders treat their customers and suppliers.....

WH Smith travel division (airports and railway stations) is though highly profitable.

For me the next one to go has to be mothercare - always empty.
Old 18-12-2008, 10:10 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
DSGi (Dixons) probably won't go as such because they have Currys or Comet as well as PC World don't they? Therefore i can see them just re-evaluating the business and moving everythinig under 1 brand and where they currently have 3 stores putting everything under 1 roof.

Zavvi might survive if it can sort out a new supplier but struggling through the Xmas period could spell the end for them.

Think a lot of mid level shops will go, the upper end, John Lewis, Debenhams etc will survive and the budget shops, Poundland and Primark but those caught in the middle might suffer.
Old 18-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Are Jessops still around? If not JJB Sports, already closed Valley Park.

Long shot bet would be boots
Old 18-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Beer Lover

ginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty air
my dream would be to see Burberry go down the bog!
Old 18-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
WH Smith, went to the West Wickham one recently, shocking, no staff and nothing on the shelves.

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 18-12-2008, 10:28 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller
I think Robert Dyas could also follow soon.
I hope not.