Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 30-12-2018, 08:19 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
judging by the obesity levels in the UK (6th highest in the world IIRC), yes.
You remember incorrectly, my colonial chum.

Most of the chubbiest countries are in the South Pacific, and the yanks are even fatter than Brits. I think the UK may be the porkiest country in Europe but that's mainly because of northerners and the scotch.
Old 30-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
High streets seem to be being repopulated with small craft beer type bars. There are two recently opened in Tonbridge high street and there's even one in Dartford.
Some of them even sell records.
Old 30-12-2018, 08:33 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
High streets seem to be being repopulated with small craft beer type bars. There are two recently opened in Tonbridge high street and there's even one in Dartford.
That's cool
Old 31-12-2018, 02:50 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
You remember incorrectly, my colonial chum.

Most of the chubbiest countries are in the South Pacific, and the yanks are even fatter than Brits. I think the UK may be the porkiest country in Europe but that's mainly because of northerners and the scotch.
6th in OECD countries then. I knew it was 6th something...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 04-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Political

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 16-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Paperchase, apparently To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 22-01-2019, 05:24 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here

Patisserie Valerie collapsed into administration

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 22-01-2019, 06:22 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Wonder how Sainsburys are getting.
Old 22-01-2019, 06:42 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The high street will just end up being barbers, bookies, nail bars and the occasional restaurant, stuff you can't get online - well obviously you can get a takeaway but simply as a 'going out' thing.

Such a serious amount of job losses announced in this country, that is since the turn of the year. It is alarming.

I hope they convert some of these vacant properties to temporary shelter or even permanent, AFFORDABLE housing.
Old 22-01-2019, 06:52 PM

Chucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bookies will be in trouble from April when the cuts to machines come into force.
Old 22-01-2019, 07:03 PM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post
The high street will just end up being barbers, bookies, nail bars and the occasional restaurant, stuff you can't get online - well obviously you can get a takeaway but simply as a 'going out' thing.

Such a serious amount of job losses announced in this country, that is since the turn of the year. It is alarming.

I hope they convert some of these vacant properties to temporary shelter or even permanent, AFFORDABLE housing.
On the news tonight we have the highest employment and lowest unemployment since records began,apparently.
Old 22-01-2019, 09:09 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

Feel for their staff.

The fallout from this is going to be fascinating regarding court cases, criminal proceedings and what not.
Old 22-01-2019, 09:18 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Wonder how Sainsburys are getting.
I went to the one in Selsdon at about 7.00 on Saturday evening. I can honestly say that the staff were outnumbering the customers. I know that Saturday eve isn't a popular shopping time, but it looked desolate in there.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:54 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer View Post
I went to the one in Selsdon at about 7.00 on Saturday evening. I can honestly say that the staff were outnumbering the customers. I know that Saturday eve isn't a popular shopping time, but it looked desolate in there.

I went into the Tesco at Gatwick a while ago and the place was deserted in the late afternoon yet Tesco seem to be doing OK.

They may end up making some store closures but perhaps home delivery will make up the difference.

I hope Sainsbury's at Selhurst Park goes down the tubes ASAP.
Old 23-01-2019, 01:42 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post

Barbers - buy some clippers do a grade 2 all over.

Bookies - all available on line.

Nail bars - plenty of hookers available online.

Old 23-01-2019, 07:18 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH View Post
On the news tonight we have the highest employment and lowest unemployment since records began,apparently.
What industries are employing all these casualties?
Old 23-01-2019, 07:29 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
On the subject of empty supermarkets - there's a large Co-op superstore in Oakham near where I live. I sometimes pop in for a couple of bits and bobs on my way back from my weekly swim, around 8.30 in the evening. I am often the only customer in there, with about 20 staff wandering aimlessly around. Maybe it's busy during the day time but I don't know why they don't just accept defeat and close up earlier.
Old 23-01-2019, 07:43 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

Luke Johnson does seem to have a semblance of conscience about him - £20m emergency loan to the group, now £3m to help pay January wages. I'm sure the staff would've rather have their jobs, but this at least is a decent move to help them.
Old 23-01-2019, 07:46 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Luke Johnson does seem to have a semblance of conscience about him - £20m emergency loan to the group, now £3m to help pay January wages. I'm sure the staff would've rather have their jobs, but this at least is a decent move to help them.
Guilty conscience you mean?
Old 23-01-2019, 07:47 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
The kind of shop which shows no sign of suffering is the 'food & wine' that can be found in most local parades. I don't understand how they survive, let alone (apparently) thrive. How much trade can there be in drunks, nicotine addicts and people who run out of a random food article once in a blue moon?