Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So, these moon landings ....

.... yes or no?

I just watched a programme and I'm pretty convinced it didn't happen.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
100% happened

unless they didn't
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 PM

crenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They happened
Old 12-12-2012, 09:09 PM

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How can you be so sure they happened?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
they just did
Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Because they found double decker buses up there and all sorts.. did you not subscribe to the sunday sport ? .. they had pics you know !

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey
they just did

I want something a bit more concrete than that!

Don't you think it odd that no other country has ever landed on the moon?

How did they get through the radiation field (the Van-something Belt)?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
What was the programme Barbara ?

I think they happened. The world was watching - and I'm not just talking about the TV link from the States.

The craft did take off and come down. Did they just circle the world while everyone watched pre-recorded 'moon' footage ? To hard to fake I feel back then.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones
Because they found double decker buses up there and all sorts.. did you not subscribe to the sunday sport ? .. they had pics you know !
I remember seeing the one with Elvis on the moon. Why have America never owned up to that then?

They're a dodgy lot.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:15 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's me convinced.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy
What was the programme Barbara ?

I think they happened. The world was watching - and I'm not just talking about the TV link from the States.

The craft did take off and come down. Did they just circle the world while everyone watched pre-recorded 'moon' footage ? To hard to fake I feel back then.
I think it was called 'Did man land on the moon' or something like that - it was on Channel 5 at 8.00 pm - watch it on Catch Up.

I actually think it was easier to fool everyone back then. The photographs and videos taken pretty much proved to be fake in this programme tonight.
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Quote:
I remember seeing the one with Elvis on the moon. Why have America never owned up to that then?

They're a dodgy lot.
It was an Elvis impersonator

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
100% CPFC.

Quote:

I want something a bit more concrete than that!

Don't you think it odd that no other country has ever landed on the moon?

Everyone knows that the USA has far more technological knowledge than the rest of the world
Old 12-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Emancipated

TheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Neil Armstrong just died. Please dont sully his memory by suggesting that the Moon landings were faked. It's a great conspiracy theory but it is false.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
It happened, although Capricorn One was an excellent film. The Mars missions will be more interesting considering how much longer they are, and the fact that current predictions for climate change indicate we'll have to leave Planet Earth should the global temperature rise by 6 degrees or more. There's a lot more riding on it than cold war bragging rights.

Werner Herzog
Old 12-12-2012, 09:20 PM

I'm not sullying anyone's memory.

I watched a programme on TV this evening, and decided to ask the BBS what they thought.

Just saying the conspiracy 'is false' doesn't exactly answer the question, does it?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:20 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
1. The entire raison d'etre was to beat the Russians to it. The Russians had the ability to monitor it closely, and had no doubts. Neither did any other eminent physicist around the world at that time.

2. It was the most expensive project in history. Where did the money go? You can't even even claim a cab ride from a large corporation without accounts asking for a receipt.

3. At least 1,000 people must have been involved if was a the conspiracy. Is it even remotely plausible that they'd all have kept quiet until now?

4. If they were planning a conspiracy, the chances of it succeeding couldn't be guaranteed to put it mildly. Would a US President and countless other politicians risk their reputations (and freedom) on such a scam?

5. Where did all the samples of moon rock that they brought back come from?

6. Why is it now possible to see debris that they left behind including the tracks left by lunar vehicles on improved telescopes.

7. You have to be a complete moron to believe such shite.

8. err ... that's it
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Saw it thinking after they give all the reasons why the moon landings never happened, some clever boffin would come on at the end just when you were convinced they never happened to rubbish the conspiracy theorists by giving convincing and logical answers so you would then be convinced they did happen after all.

Last bit never happened so I am now stuck in the 'they never happened' mode.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:22 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-12-2012, 09:22 PM

Budgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
.... yes or no?

I just watched a programme and I'm pretty convinced it didn't happen.
Why is that then?

Firstly its an insult to a group of very brave men who risked their lives to expand human knowledge and enhance the human spirit. Not to mention those who died both US and Russian astronauts as both countries developed the knowledge and technology to reach the moon.

It should not be forgotten that it was not just the US who reached the moon. They could not have made it without the support of scientist's, engineers, and men and women from many technical backgrounds. There was a huge number of Brits working for and with NASA.

It required tracking stations all around the globe to track the Apollo craft and to keep radio contact.

The two main factors are 1, Do you think the Russian and Chinese would have been part of a supposed hoax? Of course not. They would have done anything to discredit the landings.

2, Many recent moon probes have photographed the Apollo landing sites and you can find many pictures on the web showing the LM's even the Lunar Rovers sitting as they were left all those years ago

Before you can make a balanced judgment on the whole moon landing issue you should with due respect brush up on the science. Then you will know that these morons who make these films are just attention seeking wimps who are not fit the wipe the shoes of every human who has flown in space let alone went to the moon.

I suggest you read Moondust: In Search of the Men Who Fell to Earth

To view the link you have to Register or Login

[Malcolm Allison, Flamboyant manager with the fedora hat 1927 - 2010 The Eagles "Godfather" RIP