Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-01-2019, 01:33 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
LNER are a govt owned company that runs trains, as were East Coast before them
Not actually government-run though as the DfT doesn't have anyone who knows how to run a service after getting rid of Directly Operated Railways.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 06-01-2019, 01:44 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
I forgot to mention at the time but coming out of the ground on Boxing Day I was rather bemused to see a 12 carriage southbound Southern service pull up at Selhurst and open its doors to a completely empty station. So much for it not being possible to operate trains to and from the station before and after the match.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:05 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post

Said it before and I think Southern missed a trick at Sutton by not making Platforms 3 and 4 completely reversible and simply running a shuttle service between Sutton and Epsom Downs with Sutton being the interchange for it. Would probably make the line more financially viable, the fact they now run two 8 car trains an hour down there on a Sunday is absolutely absurd and whoever made that decision clearly has very poor business acumen.
That's a good idea and an upgrade to the current lottery wen the trains are up sh1t creek.

You can't get to Epsom Downs anymore by bus, Banstead is difficult. Belmont a lot easier.

If the Marsden is being upgraded to cater for a further 7,000 jobs, then it stands to reason there will be a lot of people travelling from all around London and the Southeast that would probably prefer to use a train to get to Belmont.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:17 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
I forgot to mention at the time but coming out of the ground on Boxing Day I was rather bemused to see a 12 carriage southbound Southern service pull up at Selhurst and open its doors to a completely empty station. So much for it not being possible to operate trains to and from the station before and after the match.
Similarly, I was a bit irritated, having traversed South East London and walked from Harrington Road Tram-stop as there were supposedly no trains coming from London, to see a southbound train pull up at Norwood Junction and open itsí doors at about quarter to two.
Old 21-01-2019, 07:29 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
EG line screwed, train delayed due to a broken down train, then the subsequent train I was waiting for breaks down.
Old 21-01-2019, 07:33 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Someone taken ill on train at Hither Green. Train been stuck here for 20 mins.

Poor sod.
Old 21-01-2019, 07:36 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
EG line screwed, train delayed due to a broken down train, then the subsequent train I was waiting for breaks down.
Yup train broke down at Wandsworth Common. I was sat right behind it for 45 minutes. Everything going to be chaos for hours now, took me 20 minutes before Southern Control even answered so I could find out what they wanted me to do next.
Old 21-01-2019, 07:47 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Yup train broke down at Wandsworth Common. I was sat right behind it for 45 minutes. Everything going to be chaos for hours now, took me 20 minutes before Southern Control even answered so I could find out what they wanted me to do next.
One just broke down at warlingham too.
Old 21-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
One just broke down at warlingham too.
Going well this morning!
Old 21-01-2019, 07:49 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Trains breaking down in traffic jams caused by trains breaking down does make me wonder if our trains are the equivalent of 1980s Peugeots
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-01-2019, 07:51 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Is the frost causing problems? This is the first winter for those horrible Thameslink units, isn't it?
Old 21-01-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Trains breaking down in traffic jams caused by trains breaking down does make me wonder if our trains are the equivalent of 1980s Peugeots
Indeed, itís a bit of a shambles this morning.
Old 21-01-2019, 08:03 AM

Went to east Croydon where they asking for a doctor. What is going on today.
Old 21-01-2019, 09:02 AM

Then held at Norwood for 15 minutes due to a fault with the doors.
Old 28-01-2019, 03:46 PM

redeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What's the deal with "signal problems" today on the Victoria main line? All Epsom Downs trains cancelled so could not attend a meeting
Old 15-02-2019, 09:20 PM

speagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hi,

Does anyone know if the rear first class carriage is declasified on the East Grinstead line trains?, I know it was a while ago with the temporary timetable.

I got into the habit of using the Caterham line when all the Thameslink trains were knackered. I may switch back to the East Grinstead line but those Class 700 trains are terrible. No leg room so have to sit at an angle and stick your legs out in the isle.

Cheers.
Old 15-02-2019, 11:10 PM

Sidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagle View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if the rear first class carriage is declasified on the East Grinstead line trains?, I know it was a while ago with the temporary timetable.

I got into the habit of using the Caterham line when all the Thameslink trains were knackered. I may switch back to the East Grinstead line but those Class 700 trains are terrible. No leg room so have to sit at an angle and stick your legs out in the isle.

Cheers.
Yes, rear 1st class is permanently de classified on Thameslink, and tend to fill up very quickly as the seats are wider, more comfortable and have power sockets.
Old 18-02-2019, 03:07 PM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Under the revised timetable this week my usual 1653 from East Croydon to Billingshurst has been retimed to 1633. Can I claim delay repay, as the next one gets me home almost half an hour late, and I can't leave work any earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 25-02-2019, 01:17 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Anyone seen the video clip? from Sutton station yesterday i think, two members of staff throwing dirty water( possibly involving chemicals) over and around a homeless guy. ******* disgrace with dismissal the only option. Sorry ain’t clued up enough to post clip.
Old 25-02-2019, 01:32 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Anyone seen the video clip? from Sutton station yesterday i think, two members of staff throwing dirty water( possibly involving chemicals) over and around a homeless guy. ******* disgrace with dismissal the only option. Sorry ainít clued up enough to post clip.
Just had after look after your post. Horrible stuff,picking on some poor sod who literally has nothing,worrying that nobody seemed to say anything to the pair of pricks though.

Twinned with MK Dons