Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-04-2015, 08:51 AM
Priced-out of going eagle

dreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Buying a house

Just wondered if there was a more ridiculous process in life than trying to purchase a house?

I could ellaboarate but less is more..

Thoughts?
Old 24-04-2015, 09:00 AM

palacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Following Crystal Palace FC ?
Old 24-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Always find it amazing that you'll spend 15 minutes looking round somewhere before handing over hundreds of thousands of pounds for it. You spend longer trying on a suit.
Old 24-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Completed on one a few weeks ago

Staggering the level of feet dragging and lack of information
Old 24-04-2015, 09:08 AM

west eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
would never buy leasehold again, complete pain!!
Old 24-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Stamp Duty.

Don't even get a stamp...
Old 24-04-2015, 09:21 AM

Jolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
Stamp Duty.

Don't even get a stamp...
Had an offer accepted back in January, chain has just completed so have instructed the survey. Every time i call Haart estate agents they never return my call.

I asked them three weeks ago if the chain was complete and they told me to get my solicitor to find out. When the chain did complete they never bothered to tell me, I found out two weeks later through my financial adviser.

It really is a stressful, expensive and frustrating situation.

Does anyone have any experience with property chains, I have been told mine is six property's long. Is this quiete a big chain or pretty standard?
Old 24-04-2015, 09:24 AM

Jolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by west eagle View Post
would never buy leasehold again, complete pain!!
Agree just sold my flat its an absolute rip off, was so happy to be out of it.

When we moved into the flat we were hit with a bill for 13,000 for the 25 year redecoration and upkeep of the building. Basically they did a bit of painting and pointing and that was four flats paying 13,000 each.
Old 24-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Eagle View Post
Does anyone have any experience with property chains, I have been told mine is six property's long. Is this quiete a big chain or pretty standard?
That sounds long to me.

I've been quite lucky with chains so far, barely been involved in one.
Old 24-04-2015, 09:26 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I'm currently in the process now.

Essentially it seems that you just chuck loads of money at solicitors, estate agents, banks and all the various random taxes and fees that come up.

I wouldn't mind so much but for all the money, the time it has taken me so far is infuriating.

For example - my mortgage offer was confirmed on 14 April, and formally recieved by letter on 17 April. My solicitors have said they only received confirmation on Wednesday afternoon, and were then meant to contact my buyers and the place I'm moving into about an exchange date. This still hasn't happened it seems. Jokers.
Old 24-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
That sounds long to me.

I've been quite lucky with chains so far, barely been involved in one.
I'm moving into a new build and selling my current place to first time buyers
Old 24-04-2015, 09:29 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:

I had a nightmare chain.

It was about six properties long in 2013.

I had an offer accepted and then the market shifted, so the value of the property increased, which meant my accepted offer was really good value.

This meant I was willing to wit for the chain as I was going to get good value at the end.
The problem is week after week, month after month, nothing moved. The end of the chain just never found anywhere.

In the end I had to just go and find somewhere else, nearly a year after my first search.

It doesn't mean that you will have as bad a process, just that you are at the mercy of other people.

All the faffing around that you have experienced, you need to times it by the number of people in your chain, and that's if they are as organised and desperate to move as you.
Old 24-04-2015, 09:30 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Next time I move, it'll be to a coffin.
Old 24-04-2015, 09:31 AM

west eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

When we moved into the flat we were hit with a bill for 13,000 for the 25 year redecoration and upkeep of the building. Basically they did a bit of painting and pointing and that was four flats paying 13,000 each.
My freeholder wants to "develop" the attic above my flat and also want 50K for a new lease.

leaseholding is a costly affair!, own nothing and pay for every thing!

Last edited by west eagle; 24-04-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Old 24-04-2015, 09:37 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yep complete rip off, licence to print money for the lease companies

Are they even governed by any laws?
Old 24-04-2015, 09:46 AM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Next time I move, it'll be to a coffin.
In Clapham they're called 'Urban Studios' and cost you 800k.
Old 24-04-2015, 09:47 AM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post

We have constant nightmare battles with our freeholder and have looked into all the legal side. There are quite a few options if you want to go nuclear but before that if the residents form a proper residents' association then you get more rights.

There are some great websites out there for leaseholders.
Old 24-04-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav_hater View Post
We have constant nightmare battles with our freeholder and have looked into all the legal side. There are quite a few options if you want to go nuclear but before that if the residents form a proper residents' association then you get more rights.

There are some great websites out there for leaseholders.
should be a way of buying freeholds!, without the 50% resident option,
Old 24-04-2015, 09:58 AM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post

One of the reasons I'm leaving my flat.

Our mortgage payments are going up by about 300 a month but after all of the bills we have to pay monthly and yearly, we don't actually work out hugely worse off!
Old 24-04-2015, 10:14 AM

The Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is here
Based on my experience so far I would say buying a share of freehold on a leasehold property may top this. So far it has all the standard delays and bullshit amplified by five based on the fact that everything needs to be agreed and signed by multiple parties. I’ll be amazed if anything goes through this year at this rate.