Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 30-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Eternal Optimist

LDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
I need a solicitor. Buying a house in Morden - Can anyone recommend a suitable one?

SW16 are you interested ?
I've never used Lesley (I really must get her details. If you read this SW16 PM me please!) but trust is paramount so definitely a good avenue to go down.

I'm reluctant to advise any others until you've spoken with her but feel free to contact me if you need a second opinion.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I have a terrible feeling that my move might collapse.

The buyers of my place seem to just protract things out for as long as possible, and have now asked for an extra clause to be put in the contract. What that is, I don't know as of yet as they haven't told my solicitors (who also seem fairly naff).

It's got to the stage now where I've asked for the buyers number to ask him myself what exactly is going on, but I wasn't allowed this. I've given them my number and they've said they'll pass it on to him and ask that he call.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
And as by magic, the buyer just rang me and seemed like a top chap. By the sounds of it either his or my solicitors (or both) are going ever so slowly with things and I'm not sure why. Tossers.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:46 AM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
And as by magic, the buyer just rang me and seemed like a top chap. By the sounds of it either his or my solicitors (or both) are going ever so slowly with things and I'm not sure why. Tossers.
He reads the BBS
Old 01-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We purchased a flat in Stockholm, took 3 weeks.

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 01-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I have a terrible feeling that my move might collapse.

The buyers of my place seem to just protract things out for as long as possible, and have now asked for an extra clause to be put in the contract. What that is, I don't know as of yet as they haven't told my solicitors (who also seem fairly naff).

It's got to the stage now where I've asked for the buyers number to ask him myself what exactly is going on, but I wasn't allowed this. I've given them my number and they've said they'll pass it on to him and ask that he call.
I had the details of the vendor for our recent move and we sorted loads out between us, seemed to move the whole thing along
Old 10-05-2015, 08:32 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
A question about mortgages. I am old enough to have paid mine off several years ago and as it was always with the same lender my experience of the market is very limited.

My daughter is a first time buyer and with savings and family contributions she is looking for a 70% LV mortgage. For 5 year fixed Skipton come out the best at a rate of 2.39% against Nationwide of 2.54%. The fees are comparable and after 5 years rates revert to their variable; currently Skipton 4.99% and Nationwide 3.99%. Presumably in 5 years the variables could be entirely different.

So the question is should we be worried that in 5 years time we might be stuck on a higher interest rate. Presumably by staying with the same mortgage provider we wouldn't have to pay any additional fees, or do they charge a new fee? Also presumably if you have been making all your payments over the 5 years they won't be looking at any change in circumstances.

Moving to a new lender after 5 years presumably incurs all the upfront fees and hassles again.

Grateful for anyone's experiences.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 10-05-2015, 08:34 AM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
I had the details of the vendor for our recent move and we sorted loads out between us, seemed to move the whole thing along
Since he's been in touch, things have moved along massively through us being in contact.

Solicitors clearly have to be involved to make sure everything is correct and legally sound, but the way it's been dragged out makes no sense to me at all.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:44 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by deftones_eagle View Post
We purchased a flat in Stockholm, took 3 weeks.
We going to be buying in Copenhagen next year, just hope the process is as quick as this.
Old 15-05-2015, 04:29 PM
Completed Member

Embassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If you're interested, you can find out how many dolies, immigrants, students, Irish and jews live in your own or other areas.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

There's also loads of additional boring information on housing, income, etc.
Old 15-05-2015, 04:52 PM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer27 View Post
Just wondered if there was a more ridiculous process in life than trying to purchase a house?

I could elaborate but less is more..

Thoughts?
I've bought 4 in my life and wish I'd stayed in No. 1 - I'd have paid it off 15 years ago

or

moved to my folks Swinford, Mayo small holding and kept donkeys
Old 27-09-2016, 11:02 AM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has anyone ever dealt with a company called 'Total Conveyancing Services' (TCS)?

I think I am going to need to do a 'transfer of solicitors' to get my flat purchase through, it's been 6 months now and the vendor is threatening to pull out of the sale. I can't get any meaningful response out of the solicitors as to when we are likely to exchange/complete and the Estate Agent is getting more and more irate with me on the phone.

Anyone know how I go about doing a transfer of solicitors at this late stage? I know all the searches have been done but there is a lease extension element to the purchase which really seems to be buggering up everything. A couple of weeks ago HSBC put my mortgage, which had previously been approved, on hold because the lease was running down and it was affecting the valuation - I gather that this is the solicitors fault for not informing them of the lease extension.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:11 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by richdeniro View Post
Has anyone ever dealt with a company called 'Total Conveyancing Services' (TCS)?

I think I am going to need to do a 'transfer of solicitors' to get my flat purchase through, it's been 6 months now and the vendor is threatening to pull out of the sale. I can't get any meaningful response out of the solicitors as to when we are likely to exchange/complete and the Estate Agent is getting more and more irate with me on the phone.

Anyone know how I go about doing a transfer of solicitors at this late stage? I know all the searches have been done but there is a lease extension element to the purchase which really seems to be buggering up everything. A couple of weeks ago HSBC put my mortgage, which had previously been approved, on hold because the lease was running down and it was affecting the valuation - I gather that this is the solicitors fault for not informing them of the lease extension.
Your current solicitor has given you inadequate service, I only wonder why you didn't sack them sooner.

Maybe find a better one first and ask them to help you transfer? It would be in their interests to help you.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:22 AM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Your current solicitor has given you inadequate service, I only wonder why you didn't sack them sooner.

Maybe find a better one first and ask them to help you transfer? It would be in their interests to help you.
Thanks - This is the first time I've ever really used a solicitors so had no idea really what to expect.

Where's the best place I can look to find a half decent solicitors?
Old 27-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
A question about mortgages. I am old enough to have paid mine off several years ago and as it was always with the same lender my experience of the market is very limited.

My daughter is a first time buyer and with savings and family contributions she is looking for a 70% LV mortgage. For 5 year fixed Skipton come out the best at a rate of 2.39% against Nationwide of 2.54%. The fees are comparable and after 5 years rates revert to their variable; currently Skipton 4.99% and Nationwide 3.99%. Presumably in 5 years the variables could be entirely different.

So the question is should we be worried that in 5 years time we might be stuck on a higher interest rate. Presumably by staying with the same mortgage provider we wouldn't have to pay any additional fees, or do they charge a new fee? Also presumably if you have been making all your payments over the 5 years they won't be looking at any change in circumstances.

Moving to a new lender after 5 years presumably incurs all the upfront fees and hassles again.

Grateful for anyone's experiences.
When the fixed rate expires, you're likely to move the mortgage anyway so I'd say it matters little.

It might be a hassle but the savings you make when you remortgage run into hundreds or thousands of pounds and usually more than cover any expenses. You are effectively paying yourself this money for a few hours work to get it done. The mortgage provider is hoping you are too lazy to bother and they can make more money out of you if you stay. In 5 years you'll probably be on an even lower LTV and thus eligible for an even lower interest rate.

I haven't seen any loyalty or benefit to staying with one provider. That relationship doesn't really exist anymore like it did in the old days. This is just based on my own experience of doing 3 remortgages. I tried to stay with Nationwide the first time around but they wanted to charge me so much more it wasn't worth it.

Last edited by Steve in Phoenix; 27-09-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:32 AM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks - This is the first time I've ever really used a solicitors so had no idea really what to expect.

Best advice would be to ask around for recommendations from friends who have recently used a solicitor for conveyancing.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:33 AM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Phoenix View Post
When the fixed rate expires, you're likely to move the mortgage anyway so I'd say it matters little.

It might be a hassle but the savings you make when you remortgage run into hundreds or thousands of pounds and usually more than cover any expenses. You are effectively paying yourself this money for a few hours work to get it done. The mortgage provider is hoping you are too lazy to bother and they can make more money out of you if you stay. In 5 years you'll probably be on an even lower LTV and thus eligible for an even lower interest rate.

I haven't seen any loyalty or benefit to staying with one provider. That relationship doesn't really exist anymore like it did in the old days. This is just based on my own experience of doing 3 remortgages.
Check for any penalties levied if you move at the end of fixed term.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:36 AM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Contact SW16 - Lesley. She's great.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:36 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
Best advice would be to ask around for recommendations from friends who have recently used a solicitor for conveyancing.
Absolutely spot on. There is absolutely no substitute for this. From my experience over the years it has been incompetent solicitors who have caused far more heart break and frustration when it comes to property related matters then anybody else involved in the business.

But the great British public have to share some of the blame, given how mean many of them can be. I simply cannot see the logic in looking to save a few quid when it comes to selecting the people who are instrumental in dealing with what is for most people their single biggest financial investment.

Now I have a healthy scepticism about all of our so called 'professions' but an effective solicitor (forget the word 'good'. It is all about their effectiveness and that is the mindset you need to go into this entire transaction with) is a truly important thing. Probably the most crucial part of the entire process.

Last edited by Mat ov CPFC; 27-09-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:37 AM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
Check for any penalties levied if you move at the end of fixed term.
They're pretty rare at the end of a 5yr term - most of mine in the past dropped the penalties at 2 or 3yrs!