Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 25-12-2016, 04:16 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
My closest remaining relative is my cousin (who's great). Been a horrific few years, basically a cull on my family so believe when I say make the most of it. We all fight but don't let it drag on and make sure that whatever is said in the heat of the moment, you all know what matters!
That's the thing. As Lennon and McCartney said, 'Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend.'

Mind you, they were ripping each other's throat out 5 years later!

I'm dreading meeting up with my mum, brother and his family as they're not on good terms with my Mrs at the moment. The problem is that all three of them just want everything to go exactly how they want things to go, so no wiggle room whatsoever. Really gutted cos I've got an 18 month old and can't wait for her to spend time with my family but there will be this inevitable tension throughout that will no doubt spill out into nastiness. I just have never understood it. If someone pisses me off I'm still cordial towards them and just keep a polite distance. Just don't understand creating such bad feeling. It shows a real lack of perspective in my book.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 25-12-2016, 04:58 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by matayusgiovanni View Post
Not when you're 16 and knocking one out in your bedroom to a Kylie Minogue video circa 1986.
I was 17 when mum popped her head round the door asking if I and the German girl I had picked up from the YMCA would like a cup of tea but noticed the girl was unable to speak....

Anyways all my wife's family are here now and they speak so loud (French) you don't know if they are having a barny or not.
Old 25-12-2016, 06:23 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I was 17 when mum popped her head round the door asking if I and the German girl I had picked up from the YMCA would like a cup of tea but noticed the girl was unable to speak....

Anyways all my wife's family are here now and they speak so loud (French) you don't know if they are having a barny or not.
It's amazing how many transexuals lose their voice.
Old 25-12-2016, 06:48 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
Even when you say come any time before 3?

And she's not babysat for an eternity?
How would you feel if you could never see her again you muppet!
Happy Christmas and it's what mums do.
Old 25-12-2016, 06:52 AM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
That's the spirit! Insults before 0700!

Merry Christmas!
Old 25-12-2016, 06:55 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatter8142 View Post
I would love to see mine again and my Dad.
This^^^^ popester you should be grateful mate.
Old 25-12-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
That's the spirit! Insults before 0700!

Merry Christmas!
Lol behave I was being polite! See my last post for why.
Old 25-12-2016, 06:57 AM

Jolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Give the geezer a break. I'm sure he loves his mum. It's like when I say to my mum I'm working nights don't ring me in the morning. What does she do, yep you guessed it. Silly cow, don't stop me loving her to bits tho.
Old 25-12-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Eagle View Post
Give the geezer a break. I'm sure he loves his mum. It's like when I say to my mum I'm working nights don't ring me in the morning. What does she do, yep you guessed it. Silly cow, don't stop me loving her to bits tho.
Did you not read the bit where i said it's what mums do , drive ya mad till they can't !.

Any how let's not have a bbs family row so sincere apologies Popester enjoy your day. Little orp is up now so off to be show "surprise" at the presents Santa left!.

Happy Christmas all.

She's just finished opening em

Last edited by orp pisshead1; 25-12-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 25-12-2016, 07:37 AM
A Palace Comrade

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
First Christmas for as long as I can remember where I won't see my brothers. One is in Sri Lanka with his wife and kids, one who lives in Cornwall can't be arsed to drive up (fair enough) and the other has a handicapped mother in law who they don't like leaving at the moment. I've booked us in to a cottage in the lakes for 3 days from Tuesday as no one will be here.

Lunch today at the in laws but with my mum and dad as well - they are good friends so all good there. Wife's sister and husband coming up with their dog. And if there's going to be an argument this is where it will be.

Have a great day everyone and remember life is too short for petty bullshit arguments !

Enjoy

Last edited by Worksop Palace; 25-12-2016 at 07:44 AM.
Old 25-12-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
First Christmas for as long as I can remember where I won't see my brothers. One is in Sri Lanka with his wife and kids, one who lives in Cornwall can't be arsed to drive up (fair enough) and the other has a handicapped mother in law who they don't like leaving at the moment. I've booked us in to a cottage in the lakes for 3 days from Tuesday as no one will be here.

Lunch today at the in laws but with my mum and dad as well - they are good friends so all good there. Wife's sister and husband coming up with their dog. And if there's going to be an argument this is where it will be.

Have a great day everyone and remember life is too short for petty bullshit arguments !

Enjoy
Tbf long old drive from Cornwall to Yorkshire.
Old 25-12-2016, 08:29 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
It's amazing how many transexuals lose their voice.
Old 25-12-2016, 08:41 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yep, let's appreciate each other and definitely don't cause a massive row and pollute the atmosphere because someone took your last chocolate...!
Old 25-12-2016, 09:19 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm61 View Post
You should always be pleased to see your Mum
I doubt a spawn of Rose West would entirely agree.
Old 25-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
We should be in Las Vegas with some friends but don't want to leave disabled mum sister went back to Yorkshire yesterday would I rather be in Las Vegas or at home with my Mum
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 25-12-2016, 10:59 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
We should be in Las Vegas with some friends but don't want to leave disabled mum sister went back to Yorkshire yesterday would I rather be in Las Vegas or at home with my Mum
For us, Christmas has always been about including close family members and sometimes that has meant putting the needs of some oldies first.

I admit this hasn't always been the most hedonistic fun, but in your situation I know we wouldn't enjoy ourselves in Las Vegas unless we knew our relative was OK without us. I suspect you're the same.

To offset some Xmas days that have been 'challenging', we have planned some great things just for us in the days after or maybe at New Year instead. I find it helps to look at Christmas as a longer period than just the one day, and then that relieves some of the pressure to have one 'perfect' day.
Old 25-12-2016, 11:03 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Nice of your mum. She was probably quite thirsty after all that.
Old 25-12-2016, 11:10 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Dont talk to any of my sisters that went after we lost our mum. Stuck with my wifes family who are a bunch of nutters who could start a row in an empty room.
My wife is an amazing women though who cares for her mum so we are off in a minute to pick her up for lunch.
Hope we all can find a but of extra patience and love this christmas.
They can all **** off in the new year
Old 25-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Around the Fur

Seba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sat, on my own, at home in Dublin, with a cuppa tea. First ever Christmas away from the family. Just feels like another day off.

I don't think our family and extras ever argue. I think we have grown out of it, or maybe are yet to re-grow into it.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to flying home on the 29th to start an argument to test the waters.
Old 25-12-2016, 11:41 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Talking yourself up I see Les