Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-12-2018, 06:23 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
I was chatting to a mate of mine the night before Christmas Eve, went to the pub on boxing day to find out he had gone home and died, he was found on Christmas day. Life is too short.

edit. Just seen that I started this thread, will have to go back and re read to find out why.
Old 28-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Coming up to a milestone birthday in March. Outlived both parents age wise and seen a lot of friends die in the last few years. I'm scared sometimes, other times I think it may just be facing realism when you get news you ain't got long. I,d love to go peacefully with my kids present but I'll be pissed about missing my funeral. Could be a good bash.
Like Al, I fear having a long and/or painful exit.

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 28-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You said it yourself al,life's too short,quit worrying about the day your going to shuffle off
Concentrate on living,the mind is a powerful thing
Old 28-12-2018, 07:08 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
I watched my mother for of cancer and it reinforced my belief in assisted dying. Watching someone for pumped full of morphine whilst people wait, making small talk underlined the pointlessness of those last few days. Eventually she drowned from fluid from an infection in her lungs.

It's ducking ridiculous and.absurd that we.would consider letting.an animal for like that to be.cruel, but accept that it's right for a person.
Old 28-12-2018, 07:51 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Had two best mates since leaving school, one passed away at 43 (10 years ago) from MS and the other found out last week he has Parkinsons at 53. Not so much making me think of death but what I can do with the rest of my life? Sadly still need the income from working for a few years yet.
Old 28-12-2018, 07:53 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
The older I get, the more I fear it. Not so much death itself, but the reason.
No-one wants a shit death obviously, but I would rather die a bit earlier under my own terms than let nature **** me up. i still reckon I have 30 years in me but wold rather go sooner that nature wants to take me.

I'm rambling.

Thoughts?
You voted Brexit so knock 5 years off u dimwit
Old 28-12-2018, 07:59 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
We should have little pop-up euthanasia booths on every high street. Like portable toilets.
I second this
Old 28-12-2018, 09:12 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
And why am I responding to old threads like they're new ffs
Old 28-12-2018, 10:00 PM

Raggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
And why are you typing out sweary questions to yourself?

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Old 28-12-2018, 10:16 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
I watched my mother for of cancer and it reinforced my belief in assisted dying. Watching someone for pumped full of morphine whilst people wait, making small talk underlined the pointlessness of those last few days. Eventually she drowned from fluid from an infection in her lungs.

It's ducking ridiculous and.absurd that we.would consider letting.an animal for like that to be.cruel, but accept that it's right for a person.
Well my Mother in Law died at 3:00am this morning, and your post 100% covers exactly what I was coming on here to write (including the lungs and morphine comments).

To have to watch a very proud and dignified lady go though what she has for the last few years culminating in the horror of the last 5 days is beyond civilized.

I have watched two people close to me pass now in almost identical sequence of events. Both ending when they were pumped full of morphine (whether they needed it or not)... there is no way back from this, and I'm more than OK with that. Anyone who thinks this is not a form of euthanasia is being very naive or not experienced first hand. Again in my mind both should have received these life ending doses 6 months earlier.
Old 29-12-2018, 12:49 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Dave would be proud of you... where ever the **** he is!
Old 29-12-2018, 12:52 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgins View Post
Coming up to a milestone birthday in March. Outlived both parents age wise and seen a lot of friends die in the last few years. I'm scared sometimes, other times I think it may just be facing realism when you get news you ain't got long. I,d love to go peacefully with my kids present but I'll be pissed about missing my funeral. Could be a good bash.
Like Al, I fear having a long and/or painful exit.
As a builder/handyman you might appreciate this.

Lay a tape measure out on the ground and take a look at the numbers. Note where your current age is (i.e. 65 inches) and then note where 80 inches is.

It really puts things into perspective.
Old 29-12-2018, 01:09 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Well my Mother in Law died at 3:00am this morning, and your post 100% covers exactly what I was coming on here to write (including the lungs and morphine comments).

To have to watch a very proud and dignified lady go though what she has for the last few years culminating in the horror of the last 5 days is beyond civilized.

I have watched two people close to me pass now in almost identical sequence of events. Both ending when they were pumped full of morphine (whether they needed it or not)... there is no way back from this, and I'm more than OK with that. Anyone who thinks this is not a form of euthanasia is being very naive or not experienced first hand. Again in my mind both should have received these life ending doses 6 months earlier.
Condolences to you.

My mother died of cancer and after the initial shock of the relapse it was drawn out over the next few weeks but the doctors did say it was terminal. I hate to say it but it did feel like a relief at the end. It happened in the dead of night eventually, around 2.45am. I was dozing off and til this day do not know why but got a sudden jolt awake and was instantly alert in time to see the breathing become more shallow and eventually stop, leaving just the hissing of the oxygen in the room. Strange what one remembers of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 29-12-2018, 01:29 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Condolences to you.

My mother died of cancer and after the initial shock of the relapse it was drawn out over the next few weeks but the doctors did say it was terminal. I hate to say it but it did feel like a relief at the end. It happened in the dead of night eventually, around 2.45am. I was dozing off and til this day do not know why but got a sudden jolt awake and was instantly alert in time to see the breathing become more shallow and eventually stop, leaving just the hissing of the oxygen in the room. Strange what one remembers of the time.
Again... thank you for the post... and again I can relate.

Seems to be a common thread here.

My MiL just ran out of steam... she was 102. No cancer or heart issues, just worn out.
Old 29-12-2018, 04:50 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Condolences to you and your family Hedgehog. It’s never easy no matter how old or expected the passing is in the end.

Totally agree on the euthanasia front. Over the years the deaths of my pets being ‘put to sleep’ have been so much more dignified and felt more honourable than the long painful drawn out deaths of some of the people I’ve known.

My dad got diagnosed with Alzheimer’s a few years back. It ravaged his sensibilities very quickly and he didn’t know who his family were within months. It was seven long feckin hard years of watching a proud man basically die in slow motion. Totally undignified and totally painful and a heavy grind for his loved ones. I know for a fact that he wouldn’t have wanted to go like that and if there was an option of euthanasia he would’ve definitely have chosen that.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 29-12-2018, 05:11 AM
The Spiky One

Good post Bubbs... sorry to hear about your Dad.

Alzheimer's is so frigging horrible.
Old 29-12-2018, 05:36 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Sorry for your loss Hedghog.

I don't tend to think about death too much, probably because I hope at almost 35 I have a good few years left in me yet, however this year I have had a really crap one health wise where at one point it was looking like I could have something quite seriously wrong with me, but thankfully it turned out it wasn't after months and months of tests and waiting around for results.

Do I want to die? No! But when my time comes I will embrace it, I look to the positive that I might actually get to see loved ones again. My Mum passed away 16 years ago due to a brain haemorrhage after surgery to remove a brain tumour. Something slightly surreal about swwing someone hooked up to a machine, but basically dead it for what the machine was doing. My Dad passed away 2 years ago almost, I never made it to the hospital in time and that is something that is going to stick with me forever unfortunately. And the youngest of my sisters dies from lupus at just 39.

When it happens it happens, no real point worrying about it from my perspective.
Old 29-12-2018, 08:27 AM
A Palace Comrade

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Cos you’re a daft ****

Old 29-12-2018, 10:21 AM

wighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Spike Milligan summed it up for me when he said "I'm not afraid of death - I just don't want to be there when it happens."
Old 29-12-2018, 10:52 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Had a few lucky escapes over the years so I'm expecting a slow painful one to put the ying back in the yang. Death itself doesn't worry me , I just don't want my family to have to.see it . Going in my sleep after a palace win would be ideal .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !