Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-04-2018, 10:45 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
If anything proves I am a hypocrite then being a meat eater is the main one.

The treatment of animals to put food on our table is disgraceful in many cases yet on a day to day basis, my only reaction is that the quality of the meat suffers because of it, whereas any story that highlights the cruelty of mass farming, I am up in arms about, sometimes at the same time I am stuffing a chicken burger into my face.

I bet I am not alone.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:16 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
It's not working for Mozza is it ?
Old 02-04-2018, 11:18 AM
Crap Clique member

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
I did try it and felt awful, some meat and animal fat seems to really stable my blood sugar.
It also contains Tryptothan which is important to sufferers of depression.

As I have found out recently since Mrs Maidstoned has decided we should reduce our meat intake through the week.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 02-04-2018, 11:18 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
If you do do it, make sure you get a large tattoo down your arm on on your back saying vegan, like the prats up Khao San Road. Because everybody cares.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
It also contains Tryptothan which is important to sufferers of depression.

As I have found out recently since Mrs Maidstoned has decided we should reduce our meat intake through the week.
You mean meat ?
Old 02-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Crap Clique member

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
You mean meat ?
Pardon? Of course I mean meat.

"Dietary sources. Tryptophan is present in most protein-based foods or dietary proteins. It is particularly plentiful in chocolate, oats, dried dates, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, red meat, eggs, fish, poultry, sesame, chickpeas, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, buckwheat, spirulina, and peanuts."

Last edited by Maidstoned Eagle; 02-04-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:21 AM
Crap Clique member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
If you do do it, make sure you get a large tattoo down your arm on on your back saying vegan, like the prats up Khao San Road. Because everybody cares.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:53 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
It's like lazy stereotype bingo on here

I read that article too and it covered a lot of reasons why I chose to do it, it was not one specific thing, more a combo of environmental issues and personal health. I wasn't too much into the animal welfare part but that has seemed to come along naturally. although there was one time in my work canteen last June as well I saw someone sticking a plate of uneaten pork with the ribs into the bin and I thought 'what did that animal live for'? Guess it was always going to come to me eventually.

Funny thing is that I was not actively planning to do it, it was a perfect combo last summer of a vegan sister visiting, hence a hunt for restaurants and food to feed her, reading up about it and then watching Okja and more Netflix content - that was it from there.

Family are all non-vegan, we all get along, just out of practicalities they sometimes have a vegan curry or food because it's easier to do it all together, its quite common for me to sort myself out too because they are having meat. Good thing is that there are so many options now and its becoming quite easy to find in supermarkets.

When considering my 'why', I have always found all meat except the muscle bits disgusting. Milk was always a weird concept and the eggs thing just doesn't seem right, maybe this is my natural state and just blindly accepted the societal norms before and considered meat eating as normal.

There was a run-in period where I more or less cut out meat and obvious dairy from the start, but small things like the powdered shit 'milk' in the work coffee proved surprisingly stubborn to give up, it took over another 2 months. Been a few times since when I've eaten something and its had amounts of gelatine, or animal fats in, not gonna beat myself up about it too much. Had 3 Dairy Milk chocs at christmas and one After Eight this saturday too.

Not gonna lie and say the smells of meat sometimes aren't still appetising, but now it's also a consideration that it is roasted animal flesh. The only things I would say are properly missed though would be a damn good chicken tikka or tandoori chicken

All the usual health things apply, but one surprising aspect is that I also feel more intuitive - no idea why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 02-04-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:

"Dietary sources. Tryptophan is present in most protein-based foods or dietary proteins. It is particularly plentiful in chocolate, oats, dried dates, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, red meat, eggs, fish, poultry, sesame, chickpeas, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, buckwheat, spirulina, and peanuts."
Thanks.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:06 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Although no one's said anything along the lines of "Needs more bacon lolololol" yet.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:20 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Wife Veggie, Daughter Vegan, Son 1 meat eater, Son 2 (athletic one) Veggie. Me mainly veggie.
At home we are Veggie, when we go out I always look and see if there is a veggie option that I fancy, if not will have meat. If I am at work and end up with a 5 day meat stretch, I feel shit. Low and bloated.
I have a French "if it moves I eat it" mate who due to his red meat consumption came back, a couple of years ago, feeling like shite after a Christmas break. He decided to go veggie for a week, with remarkable results in how he felt and looked. Since then he has 1 week a month Veggie the rest back to business but reduced red meat in the diet and feels great for it.
The more the substitutes match the taste and texture of meat the less need for it there is.
Pheasants, Rabbits and Pigeon are the best meats from an animal welfare point of view. As are British steaks and lamb. Our neighbor is a beef and lamb farmer and he really cares for his stock and not just from a perspective. He will struggle to keep lambs alive and pay vet fees to way above the return. He hates the slaughter practice however. The costing of local slaughterhouses and the drive for the cheapest meat puts stresses on the animals.
Oh and I find certain meat eaters just as opinionated as militant vegans. My advice just find what works for you but think about about it a bit. Oh and never eat Westlers Micro Hamburgers.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 02-04-2018, 01:22 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post

I read that article too and it covered a lot of reasons why I chose to do it, it was not one specific thing, more a combo of environmental issues and personal health. I wasn't too much into the animal welfare part but that has seemed to come along naturally. although there was one time in my work canteen last June as well I saw someone sticking a plate of uneaten pork with the ribs into the bin and I thought 'what did that animal live for'? Guess it was always going to come to me eventually.

Funny thing is that I was not actively planning to do it, it was a perfect combo last summer of a vegan sister visiting, hence a hunt for restaurants and food to feed her, reading up about it and then watching Okja and more Netflix content - that was it from there.

Family are all non-vegan, we all get along, just out of practicalities they sometimes have a vegan curry or food because it's easier to do it all together, its quite common for me to sort myself out too because they are having meat. Good thing is that there are so many options now and its becoming quite easy to find in supermarkets.

When considering my 'why', I have always found all meat except the muscle bits disgusting. Milk was always a weird concept and the eggs thing just doesn't seem right, maybe this is my natural state and just blindly accepted the societal norms before and considered meat eating as normal.

There was a run-in period where I more or less cut out meat and obvious dairy from the start, but small things like the powdered shit 'milk' in the work coffee proved surprisingly stubborn to give up, it took over another 2 months. Been a few times since when I've eaten something and its had amounts of gelatine, or animal fats in, not gonna beat myself up about it too much. Had 3 Dairy Milk chocs at christmas and one After Eight this saturday too.

Not gonna lie and say the smells of meat sometimes aren't still appetising, but now it's also a consideration that it is roasted animal flesh. The only things I would say are properly missed though would be a damn good chicken tikka or tandoori chicken

All the usual health things apply, but one surprising aspect is that I also feel more intuitive - no idea why
It took until the 28th post for a decent reply. Thanks!
The health part of the article was definitely the bit that resonated with me. I'm carrying more than an extra few pounds but am on the way down. I've always eaten well; no pre-made meals, make my own sauces, eat plenty or veg, beans, lentils and fruit etc. I cut down my meat intake 7 or 8 years ago. I still eat meat most days but not everyday and in the last 6 months or so i have tried to get better with portion control and meat veg ratio on my plate. Unlike you i love meat, i grew up with an aunt and uncle who had a small organic farm so knew from a young age about the process of killing animals. I also eat everything. For example i love offal, my first food off the plane in Thailand last month was chicken hearts.

thanks again for the detailed reply.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:22 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:

Perfect that's my excuse for more Chocolate Easter egg pig outs then

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 02-04-2018, 01:24 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Wife Veggie, Daughter Vegan, Son 1 meat eater, Son 2 (athletic one) Veggie. Me mainly veggie.
At home we are Veggie, when we go out I always look and see if there is a veggie option that I fancy, if not will have meat. If I am at work and end up with a 5 day meat stretch, I feel shit. Low and bloated.
I have a French "if it moves I eat it" mate who due to his red meat consumption came back, a couple of years ago, feeling like shite after a Christmas break. He decided to go veggie for a week, with remarkable results in how he felt and looked. Since then he has 1 week a month Veggie the rest back to business but reduced red meat in the diet and feels great for it.
The more the substitutes match the taste and texture of meat the less need for it there is.
Pheasants, Rabbits and Pigeon are the best meats from an animal welfare point of view. As are British steaks and lamb. Our neighbor is a beef and lamb farmer and he really cares for his stock and not just from a perspective. He will struggle to keep lambs alive and pay vet fees to way above the return. He hates the slaughter practice however. The costing of local slaughterhouses and the drive for the cheapest meat puts stresses on the animals.
Oh and I find certain meat eaters just as opinionated as militant vegans. My advice just find what works for you but think about about it a bit. Oh and never eat Westlers Micro Hamburgers.
the first quote is tempting the second interesting info, thanks
Old 02-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Crap Clique member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
It took until the 28th post for a decent reply. Thanks!
The health part of the article was definitely the bit that resonated with me. I'm carrying more than an extra few pounds but am on the way down. I've always eaten well; no pre-made meals, make my own sauces, eat plenty or veg, beans, lentils and fruit etc. I cut down my meat intake 7 or 8 years ago. I still eat meat most days but not everyday and in the last 6 months or so i have tried to get better with portion control and meat veg ratio on my plate. Unlike you i love meat, i grew up with an aunt and uncle who had a small organic farm so knew from a young age about the process of killing animals. I also eat everything. For example i love offal, my first food off the plane in Thailand last month was chicken hearts.

thanks again for the detailed reply.
I dont know what its like where you are in Sevilla but here we are lucky that it is very rural, so fruit and veg is always cheap, local and good quality....same as our meat. My diet being changed, drasticly, has been linked with a recent onset of anxiety and depression, so the meat partof my diet will be increased to help.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I dont know what its like where you are in Sevilla but here we are lucky that it is very rural, so fruit and veg is always cheap, local and good quality....same as our meat. My diet being changed, drasticly, has been linked with a recent onset of anxiety and depression, so the meat partof my diet will be increased to help.
Eat more chocolate, drink more milk and have peanuts with your beer. Sorted

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 02-04-2018, 01:39 PM
Crap Clique member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Eat more chocolate, drink more milk and have peanuts with your beer. Sorted
I am. Also given me a reason to buy steak without getting tutted.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:44 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater eagle View Post
Birds and mammals will go with the hedgerows.
Do you really think us humans will come up with a better solution or the cheapest
You are correct that many of the habitats in the U.K. have been created by centuries of farming.

Many will look at environments such as the Lake District and admire what they call its ‘natural beauty’, not noticing the sheep scattered around that have shaped it. The Uplands and moors, reach in their biodiversity, need active management by animals munching away in order to keep down the more aggressive plants that would otherwise dominate.

Indeed there have been many projects, such as wild bird reserves, where the organisers have reintroduced sheep, cattle or even ponies because they are the most environmentally-friendly method of plant control. Otherwise their land reverts to scrub and bracken, reducing biodiversity for insects, birds etc.

I tend to agree with you that it’s more environmentally friendly in many areas to have sheep in fields, for example, than arable crops which do nothing for biodiversity and are often heavily sprayed with herbicides and pesticides, unless we all go organic. Many areas of the U.K. are unsuitable for arable crops anyway.

Last edited by Yoda; 02-04-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:08 PM
moist

Quote:
The quality and price of fruit and veg is very good here, though probably not as good as in the campo. I buy and eat a lot of it.

I hope the change in diet helps you.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I am. Also given me a reason to buy steak without getting tutted.
Hmmmm Tut tut tut

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018