Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 21-12-2018, 07:13 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Favourite Christmas Sweets.

There can(dy) be only one...orange and lemon slices with the round red cherry-like thing in the middle.

Unless you know different.
Old 21-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Toblerone,I love it ,but only Xmas and Easter otherwise I would be slightly overweight
Old 21-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Chocolate nuts or Orange....Quality street.
Old 21-12-2018, 08:10 PM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The purple quality st!
Old 21-12-2018, 08:17 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
In my family, it was the Orange Quality Street. Each selection of Orange from the tin elicited sideways glances of festering, repressed opprobrium amongst my relatives. Once the Orange was gone, the competition would turn to the Strawberry, then the Green Triangle Pralines. I cunningly swept up the pralines while my aunties, uncles and cousins declared war over the fruit flavors.
Old 21-12-2018, 08:23 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns7 View Post
Toblerone,I love it ,but only Xmas and Easter otherwise I would be slightly overweight
Toblerone can't be included because it's for the ages and can be enjoyed any time of year. It's the greatest chocolate bar (ever) none!
Having said that, My big sis always gives me one of those big Toblerone as one of my Christmas presents.

Toblerone - out on its own...
Old 21-12-2018, 08:39 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
humbug
Old 21-12-2018, 08:40 PM

Patrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Flapjack Bites.
Old 21-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
The German thing beginning with lebsomethjng, and Dutch speculaas
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-12-2018, 08:41 PM

glenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Toblerone can't be included because it's for the ages and can be enjoyed any time of year. It's the greatest chocolate bar (ever) none!
Having said that, My big sis always gives me one of those big Toblerone as one of my Christmas presents.

Toblerone - out on its own...
Seems to be a lot sweeter and sicklier these days and you can barely taste the honey in it. Probably doesn't help with those over large chunks you get now. Instead of when it used to be a puny piece of chocolate triangle that we'd get given as a bit of a treat if my Mum wasn't being greedy.

Terry's chocolate orange seems to get hoovered up in our house at Christmas but i try and home in on the Toffifees.
Old 21-12-2018, 08:44 PM
A source of real news

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Chocolate nuts or Orange....Quality street.
Nooooo!, In the good old days yes but now I've never pick it up Hero's and Celebration's are much better.

I do go along with the Toblerone love in though.
Old 21-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Twisted Creme Egg in Miniature Heroes. A fine invention.
Old 21-12-2018, 08:52 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Turkish delight in an octagonal box covered in dusty powder
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-12-2018, 01:02 AM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
After 8's, orange flavoured Matchmakers, Walnut Whips and coconut Snowballs.
Old 22-12-2018, 01:10 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
In my family, it was the Orange Quality Street. Each selection of Orange from the tin elicited sideways glances of festering, repressed opprobrium amongst my relatives. Once the Orange was gone, the competition would turn to the Strawberry, then the Green Triangle Pralines. I cunningly swept up the pralines while my aunties, uncles and cousins declared war over the fruit flavors.
I have the solution for peace in your family!

The John Lewis at Bluewater (and maybe other large JL stores?) has a special Christmas concession where you can select your own mix of Quality Street!

You have to choose a minimum of 3 varieties and the completed tin costs £12, but at least there is no wastage and it’s bespoke.

So your family could if they wished just have Orange, Strawberry and the Green Traingles!
Old 22-12-2018, 01:11 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Good call... can you still get that?

I know you can get them any time, but we only seemed to have After Eight Mints at Christmas. No way can you/could you eat one! (And they had cool commercials!)
Old 22-12-2018, 01:14 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
My parents always bought that. I tried a piece once, the dusty powder was nice but the sweet reminded my senses of toilet freshener.

I suspect they bought it partly from loyalty and Xmas tradition, but also because it was the one box of sweets us kids would leave alone!
Old 22-12-2018, 01:24 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Oh, and living in America, we are bound by Sees's Candies, which are 75% crap.

When working it was the Christmas gift of choice from my suppliers, and every year I would end up with 5 or 6 pounds worth.

As my wife has more balls than me, she would take them into the Sees's store and get them replaced with boxed filled with just our favourites all milk chocolate, coconut, orange, fudge, peanut butter to name a few which are edible.

Sort of a tradition that has materialized over the last 5 years, but as I have now retired the source has dried up.
Old 22-12-2018, 01:29 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Good call... can you still get that?

I know you can get them any time, but we only seemed to have After Eight Mints at Christmas. No way can you/could you eat one! (And they had cool commercials!)
Spotted them on a supermarket shelf here in Santiago yesterday!
Ridiculously overpriced, so they stayed in the shelf.
Old 22-12-2018, 01:32 AM
The Spiky One

This is not the one I remember, but an 8 sided box:

The one I remember was in an almost balsa like wood box.