Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-12-2018, 01:36 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Looking on line, Turkish Delight appears to come in many guises.
Old 22-12-2018, 01:37 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
My lovely old dad loved dates.
When I was a kid, an adult too, he always tried to get me to try a date.
Old 22-12-2018, 01:46 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
My lovely old dad loved dates.
When I was a kid, an adult too, he always tried to get me to try a date.
Again, another traditional Christmas snack of by gone year. Used to love them.

Never sure why we didn't eat them all year round. Maybe it was a cost thing, and certainly made it a treat.

Came squished into those slim boxes and ate them with a tooth pick.
Old 22-12-2018, 05:56 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I have the solution for peace in your family!

The John Lewis at Bluewater (and maybe other large JL stores?) has a special Christmas concession where you can select your own mix of Quality Street!

You have to choose a minimum of 3 varieties and the completed tin costs £12, but at least there is no wastage and it’s bespoke.

So your family could if they wished just have Orange, Strawberry and the Green Traingles!
This sucks, the whole point of the festive Quality Street box is the battle to pick off the favourites before the arid landscape of toffees and gold batons starts to emerge. Would be no fun if the whole time just contained all the prime varieties.

And anyone who buys Celebrations at Christmas is an idiot. Heroes are acceptable.
Old 22-12-2018, 06:40 AM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Little ingots of chocolate various flavours ,think they were called Neapolitans,only seem to appear at xmas
Old 22-12-2018, 06:42 AM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
This sucks, the whole point of the festive Quality Street box is the battle to pick off the favourites before the arid landscape of toffees and gold batons starts to emerge. Would be no fun if the whole time just contained all the prime varieties.

And anyone who buys Celebrations at Christmas is an idiot. Heroes are acceptable.
My kids will only eat miniature heroes,give them a tin of quality street they wouldn't touch it
Old 22-12-2018, 08:42 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
This is not the one I remember, but an 8 sided box:

The one I remember was in an almost balsa like wood box.
The one you describe is available in Morrisons - saw them on the shelf yesterday.
My contribution is Famous Names Choc Liqueurs.
Old 22-12-2018, 09:00 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Terry's Chocolate Orange (plain chocolate)
Old 22-12-2018, 09:22 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post

I know what you mean, but I think one Christmas without the waste of uneaten options and we’d soon get used to this new world of choice.

As I was watching, a lady requested all varieties except no toffees, which would probably have been my selection too. Once you’ve had a dental emergency at Christmas due to a toffee, you live in fear of being tempted again by their shiny golden wrappings!
Old 22-12-2018, 09:28 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Boy View Post
The purple quality st!

Close thread*

*not really, but I agree
Old 22-12-2018, 09:44 AM
SwimBikeRun!

Jacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
My contribution is Famous Names Choc Liqueurs.
Yes! What a great shout! Reading that suddenly transported me back to wonderful childhood Christmases at my nan’s on the Isle of Wight. Couldn’t believe how grown up I felt when I was first allowed a liqueur choc!

FOR F**K'S SAKE, MURRAY!!
Old 22-12-2018, 10:39 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns7 View Post
Little ingots of chocolate various flavours ,think they were called Neapolitans,only seem to appear at xmas
One of my favourites, but our parents bought these as a summer holiday treat.

I tried to buy some this year but they’ve been discontinued...let’s start a petition!

M&S and Fortnum and Masons sell versions, but not as nice in my opinion.
Old 22-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
The German thing beginning with lebsomethjng,

?

Not just a Christmas biscuit for me.
Old 22-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I never actually liked them much, but to me they are the embodiment of Christmases past when I were just a young'un...

Meltis Berry Fruits

The sweetest, sickliest collection of (supposedly) fruit flavoured jellies, covered in sugar, and with a liquid centre. Guaranteed diabetes and tooth rot in a single sweet - but for some reason both my Mum and my Nan went absolutely mad for them and insisted on at least one box in the house as a Christmas treat.
Old 22-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
The German thing beginning with lebsomethjng, and Dutch speculaas
Lebkuchen. I'm late to the Lebkuchen party but can't stop eating them. So delicious, yet so many calories.
Old 22-12-2018, 12:20 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post

?

Not just a Christmas biscuit for me.
Yes, Austrian household, so we have them all year round. Best Choc biscuits you can get. Just had some nice Jeff Bruges cranberry biscuits, mind.
Old 22-12-2018, 12:21 PM
The Bringer of Joy

York Fruit Jellies. I could eat a whole box.
Old 22-12-2018, 12:23 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Not sweets, but I always buy a jar of those syrupy cherries at Christmas. Only one who will touch them.
Old 22-12-2018, 01:10 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Plenty of Turkish delight in your local Turkish supermarket. Or you can go off piste and get Cyprus delight, Greek delight or Bulgarian delight from the relevant local supermarket. I have both Turkish and Bulgarian shops near me.

I like the rose flavour best
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 22-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
One of my favourites, but our parents bought these as a summer holiday treat.

I tried to buy some this year but they’ve been discontinued...let’s start a petition!

M&S and Fortnum and Masons sell versions, but not as nice in my opinion.
At a guess was it Terrys that made them,it definitely wasn't Cadbury