Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 29-12-2018, 01:58 PM
A source of real news

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Actually having seen this prompted me to look at my eon account, it seems I'm £560 in credit.

I'll have to investigate further as that seems ridiculous.
Old 29-12-2018, 02:05 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Cob? That’s the stuff that looks like horseshit and straw, right?

There was a grand designs episode on that once, was properly impressive.
Its clay actually, mixed with wheat straw for reinforcement, and a sprinkling of water. The mixing was traditionally carried out usually in a round compound with a couple of oxen driven round so that their hooves get the mix into an homogeneous consistency. If any animal shit got into the mix, it was by accident and not design.

The layers of cob were laid in two foot high "rises" on a low field stone base mortared with clay. Another rise was added to the one below, and guys stood on the top of each rise and treaded it down with their boots. After the full height was reached, around fifteen feet, it was allowed to dry for a couple of weeks. The sides of the wall were then "pared" with a wooden spade like tool for smoothness, and then limewashed with several coats, or rendered with a lime mortar. Farm buildings were rarely rendered and left as rough cob. The top of the wall was often temporarily thatched to protect it from rain prior to completion, and before the main roof was constructed. Cob houses in Devon took about six months to finish, and usually were started in May and done by the end of October, given a reasonably dry summer.
Old 29-12-2018, 02:06 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
I have a constant argument with mrs pallet. She reckons that leaving the hot water and heating on contstant is cheaper than having them on a timer and hence using more power to heat from cold. Help??
This debate is a constant on the net about whethere you should leave the hot water tank heating or house heating constantly or turn it off when not needed. I think the general consensus is that it's better to leave it running (at least on an eco or away setting) which is what I do. I asked my heating engineer this summer about putting in a wi fi switch or timer on the immersion?. He said that it would hardly be worth it firstly as he believed that turning it off would be more expensive and secondly as it was on Economy 7 it only came on during those cheaper night hours so a timer would be pointless? He did warm to a wifi on off switch as I am often out at short notice but didnt know of anything at the time that could handle the power.

I have a Nest wifi thermostat which is really good and is supposed to learn how your house heats up and then turns the heating down when you are away. I like the convenience and remote control ability but whether it saves money I've never really dug back to find out. Price rises and an erratic shift pattern will probably disguise any savings although Nest keep telling I'm making great savings ! I also had a smart meter put in last Summer although they had had a bad press I have had few issues mainly just the display disconnecting the signal to the meter. I tend to use it just to check I havent left anything running as i walk out the front door.

Last edited by LN1; 29-12-2018 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Added a bit
Old 29-12-2018, 02:18 PM
A source of real news

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Actually having seen this prompted me to look at my eon account, it seems I'm £560 in credit.

A quick look at my account and they are suggesting I pay £102/month. I am paying £139, fixing that straight away.
Old 29-12-2018, 02:42 PM

yorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
How many jumpers can you wear at the same time?
front room at 23 currently no heating on its amazing

Originally Posted by CPFC2010

"I think that this is the best suggestion that I have ever read on the BBS"
Old 29-12-2018, 02:46 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
This debate is a constant on the net about whethere you should leave the hot water tank heating or house heating constantly or turn it off when not needed. I think the general consensus is that it's better to leave it running (at least on an eco or away setting) which is what I do. I asked my heating engineer this summer about putting in a wi fi switch or timer on the immersion?. He said that it would hardly be worth it firstly as he believed that turning it off would be more expensive and secondly as it was on Economy 7 it only came on during those cheaper night hours so a timer would be pointless? He did warm to a wifi on off switch as I am often out at short notice but didnt know of anything at the time that could handle the power.

I have a Nest wifi thermostat which is really good and is supposed to learn how your house heats up and then turns the heating down when you are away. I like the convenience and remote control ability but whether it saves money I've never really dug back to find out. Price rises and an erratic shift pattern will probably disguise any savings although Nest keep telling I'm making great savings ! I also had a smart meter put in last Summer although they had had a bad press I have had few issues mainly just the display disconnecting the signal to the meter. I tend to use it just to check I havent left anything running as i walk out the front door.
Sod it does that mean she might be right?
Old 29-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I keep thinking of changing from Scottish Power as Iím paying £150 per month for both has and elec and plenty of others are offering lower tariffs. My concern is that entice you in and then whack them back up again and youíre in back to square one. There seems to be lots of smaller companies doing recycled energy deals but donít know if theyíll even be around next year.
Don't hesitate, change now. You'll look back and wonder why you didn't ages ago. I switched to Bulb from Scottish Power last year, it has gone up but only in line with other companies.
Old 29-12-2018, 02:50 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:

We have a metre, that is connected automatically to the supplier. Load of cock don't work at all. They have estimated our bills for a year. We have paid 400e plus over the top. By Spanish rules, they may estimate twice in a year.

Bastards.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 29-12-2018, 02:58 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
Ok two things. Eon seem to want to increase my bill every year by at least £40-£60. I have a constant argument with mrs pallet. She reckons that leaving the hot water and heating on contstant is cheaper than having them on a timer and hence using more power to heat from cold. Help??
They do that to me too. Wanted increase by £95 pcm!!. Akthough i was 75 in credit and further payment due next day. Be in credit 200 at start of month. Called them and theycsaid they were doing it for my benefit so i dont get into arrears......how kind. Got them to reduce DD by 60 quid Will keep an eye on it. Switched all light bulbs to LED next day. Heating on constant as its said to be cheaper.
Old 29-12-2018, 04:07 PM
Depends on the mood

Cyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Don't have gas, so a single fuel energy household (have oil for heating).

I always use USwitch for changing my supplier and for the past three or four years have managed by switching suppliers to maintain the level of my energy costs. However, this time, going through the switching process have noticed that my KWhr unit cost has risen from 12.47p to 15.9p.
I'm with EDF and the KWhr unit cost is 23p for the tariiff. Looks like I'm being ripped off.
Michael Grade, Kelvin Mackenzie, Richard Murray, Peter Varney, Alan Curbishley (again), Jonathan Fortune, Derek Hales, Keith and Gavin Peacock, Gary Bushell, Allan Simonsen, Jim Davidson, Steve Ryder, Bjorn Borg you can all f uck off
Old 29-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
This is why I got solar panels this year.
What's your experience of the panels? Are you happy with them? Have they reduced your electricity bill significantly?

If you were to move tomorrow would you buy a house with or without panels?
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 29-12-2018, 04:39 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyneagle View Post
I'm with EDF and the KWhr unit cost is 23p for the tariiff. Looks like I'm being ripped off.
When I use Uswitch, the comparison website, they always ask what your postcode is, so whether this has any bearing on the unit cost, I don't know, but it does seem you are being ripped off.
Old 29-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There like a 3rd party your cob walls were good when the Vikings turned up
It's all part of the bullshitters,clothes are cheaper than heating,if you have a wood burner ,happy days
Old 29-12-2018, 05:15 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Cob? Thatís the stuff that looks like horseshit and straw, right?

There was a grand designs episode on that once, was properly impressive.
I am disappointed that you watch Grand Designs.

Anyway, the OP should stop using the internet if they want to keep their energy bills down.
Old 29-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
As long as the rich and super-rich shareholders make a mint and the energy company's executives can pay themselves a few million quid each then that's all that matters isn't it? Welcome to 'we're all in this together' Tory Britain. Storming ahead with their duty to rob the poor and pay the rich in 2019.
Old 29-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Were all pissing in the wind
Old 29-12-2018, 05:47 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
As long as the rich and super-rich shareholders make a mint and the energy company's executives can pay themselves a few million quid each then that's all that matters isn't it? Welcome to 'we're all in this together' Tory Britain. Storming ahead with their duty to rob the poor and pay the rich in 2019.
I think their all in the game
Old 29-12-2018, 05:55 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
I've got Sorloth Electricity. It's completely static.
Old 29-12-2018, 06:51 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Tories privatised them but what possessed Labour to allow them to be sold off to their current owners under their watch?
Old 29-12-2018, 07:10 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Tories privatised them but what possessed Labour to allow them to be sold off to their current owners under their watch?
Because they are f*cking idiots as well. I don't think ideology has much to do with general resistance to renationalisation of utilities and transport. They're just all scared of having to run it.