Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 29-12-2018, 07:14 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
That's why they appoint regulators like Ofcom, Ofgem, Postcom, Ofgas, Ofwat etc to take the tough decisions so the government doesn't get the political flak.
Old 29-12-2018, 10:24 PM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
Sod it does that mean she might be right?

I find this very hard to believe- not because of anything to do with your wife but because the more heat you put into your house the more you will lose. It might be nicer and it might not cost a lot more if you’re well insulated but essentially the argument is claiming the warmer your house the less it costs.

There is also some marginal efficiency savings for some boilers adding heat at slightly higher temperatures (so they are less efficient warming water from cold) but I simply cannot believe that such savings compensate for pumping energy out into the world at large.

My heating engineer is of the ‘leave it running’ school but his logic is that it takes ‘more’ to heat the water up from cold than to top it up. Of course you’re topping up much more for all the time you’re out than you’re heating up when you need the warmth. He also says to turn it down when you’re out so that actually undermines his own argument.
Old 30-12-2018, 12:40 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Something something it will be cheaper outside the EU as you don't have to subsidize the Poles who like setting their rooms to 50C to remind them of the sunny Baltic climes.

Keep warm off the bonfire of regulation we are having.
Old 30-12-2018, 08:12 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Something something it will be cheaper outside the EU as you don't have to subsidize the Poles who like setting their rooms to 50C to remind them of the sunny Baltic climes.

Keep warm off the bonfire of regulation we are having.
The energy we shall still need to import from the EU after March 29 will be subject to WTO tariffs if we crash out. Worries.
Old 30-12-2018, 09:05 AM
A source of real news

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
That's why they appoint regulators like Ofcom, Ofgem, Postcom, Ofgas, Ofwat etc to take the tough decisions so the government doesn't get the political flak.
Is that a list of useless quango's.
Old 30-12-2018, 09:21 AM
A source of real news

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
The energy we shall still need to import from the EU after March 29 will be subject to WTO tariffs if we crash out. Worries.
I can't be bothered to google to see where this latest panic comes from but we don't import much electricity directly (5%), gas comes from OPEC and Norway and what little coal we use comes from Russia. Seems like a limited affect of leaving Europe.
Old 30-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Is that a list of useless quango's.
Nope.

A list of statutory bodies established to regulate private companies who purchased publicly owned monopolies and whose principal concern is the well being of their shareholders.
Old 30-12-2018, 09:44 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can't be bothered to google to see where this latest panic comes from but we don't import much electricity directly (5%), gas comes from OPEC and Norway and what little coal we use comes from Russia. Seems like a limited affect of leaving Europe.
There is both an electricity and gas interconnector with Europe. The gas one goes between Bacton and Zeebrugge, and is bi-directional (there are compressors at both ends)
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 30-12-2018, 09:56 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Actually having seen this prompted me to look at my eon account, it seems I'm £560 in credit.

I'll have to investigate further as that seems ridiculous.
I thought under current guidelines they were meant to pay this back, as well as reduce the monthly payment, but what do I know - I am a pikey who has prepayment stuff. OK, the tariffs are higher, but for the amount I use it makes little difference and I don't get a bills every quarter.
Old 30-12-2018, 03:33 PM
A source of real news

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Nope.

A list of statutory bodies established to regulate private companies who purchased publicly owned monopolies and whose principal concern is the well being of their shareholders.

Dead right, in fact I remember an early OFWAT ruling and decision not to fine when they could have. That would have affected the well being of their shareholders.

They are a shower of shit and the operators pay good dividends in a monopoly that can't fail, they should have restrictions on profit and dividends. You can hardly describe them as entrepreneurial enterprises risking capital.

Although your comment can be read 2 ways I do assume you work for (or are employed by) one of them.
Old 30-12-2018, 03:43 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshire eagle View Post
got a great duel fuel deal with Scottish power really reasonable for our new house. the new one is so totally energy efficient our last gas bill for the quarter was £49!!!
Point of fact, Scottish Power are a bunch of completely useless ****’*.

We had four accounts with them and, hopefully, the last one was transferred away from them on Friday. I say hopefully as the fastest switch so far took seven months, they objected every single time, adding months to the pain.

I wouldn’t wish their customer service on my worst enemy, they are a bunch of lying bastards.
Old 30-12-2018, 03:47 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I keep thinking of changing from Scottish Power as I’m paying £150 per month for both has and elec and plenty of others are offering lower tariffs. My concern is that entice you in and then whack them back up again and you’re in back to square one. There seems to be lots of smaller companies doing recycled energy deals but don’t know if they’ll even be around next year.
Just switch to a fixed price contract and repeat next year.
Old 30-12-2018, 10:03 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Dead right, in fact I remember an early OFWAT ruling and decision not to fine when they could have. That would have affected the well being of their shareholders.
Bearing in mind your previous posts, this decision which must have brought you great satisfaction.

Quote:
Although your comment can be read 2 ways I do assume you work for (or are employed by) one of them.
Ah, yet again your bitterness and envy. Is your pension now looking disappointing?

What a Shame.
Old 30-12-2018, 11:58 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
What's your experience of the panels? Are you happy with them? Have they reduced your electricity bill significantly?

If you were to move tomorrow would you buy a house with or without panels?
Still early days as only had them installed at the end of the summer so missed the best weather, and they don't seem to do much in the winter. Not only that but the chap who installed them still hasn't sorted out my FIT which is a bit annoying as only 3 months left.

I see them as a long term investment, as it will probably take 10 years for them to pay for themselves. With pension annuity and interest rates being so crap these days I think they are a great investment, providing they keep working.

Not forgetting the Eco side of course.
Old 31-12-2018, 06:22 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Point of fact, Scottish Power are a bunch of completely useless ****’*.

We had four accounts with them and, hopefully, the last one was transferred away from them on Friday. I say hopefully as the fastest switch so far took seven months, they objected every single time, adding months to the pain.

I wouldn’t wish their customer service on my worst enemy, they are a bunch of lying bastards.
How can they object?
Old 31-12-2018, 06:45 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
There is both an electricity and gas interconnector with Europe. The gas one goes between Bacton and Zeebrugge, and is bi-directional (there are compressors at both ends)
Correct. My wife was part of the Zeepipe team. Norway down to Zeebrugge years ago.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 31-12-2018, 08:24 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:
As of a couple of minutes ago, 5% from France and 1.5% from the Netherlands.
Old 31-12-2018, 08:36 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst300 View Post
As of a couple of minutes ago, 5% from France and 1.5% from the Netherlands.
Check out how many new electricity interconnections are being planned and built.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 31-12-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 31-12-2018, 09:03 AM
A source of real news

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Bearing in mind your previous posts, this decision which must have brought you great satisfaction.

Ah, yet again your bitterness and envy. Is your pension now looking disappointing?

What a Shame.
Lol, what are you on about. My pension is fine.
Old 31-12-2018, 09:08 AM
A source of real news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Check out how many new electricity interconnections are being planned and built.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Crikey, had no idea about the long distance ones. I wonder what the losses are.