Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-01-2019, 08:18 PM
I came in with the sauce

Eaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Golden Globes

So the UK did surprisingly well this year. Best movie (Bohemian Rhapsody) with other tv wins as well.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:09 PM
A Palace Comrade

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
I was hoping this was going to be a thread full of pictures of rather pert and bronzed ladies

Sadly not
Old 08-01-2019, 11:33 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I was hoping this was going to be a thread full of pictures of rather pert and bronzed ladies

Sadly not

There you go:

Old 09-01-2019, 07:29 AM
A Palace Comrade

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
I can’t quite see the ‘pertness’ GB. Please try again, thanks
Old 09-01-2019, 07:32 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Bit of a manky pillow.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:51 AM
A source of real news

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought this thread was going to be about Beckham.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:09 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Bit of a manky pillow.
Don't worry, unless she has a strap on you wont have to bite it.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:23 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
Don't worry, unless she has a strap on you wont have to bite it.

Thats handy. If you were to tell me that i would ever have two posts on a thread about the golden globes i would not have believed you.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
If Bohemian Rhapsody was the best film of the year, then the industry should enter voluntary euthanasia.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:12 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
If Bohemian Rhapsody was the best film of the year, then the industry should enter voluntary euthanasia.
I did prefer it to A Star is Born, but I’m also surprised it won film of the year.

That said, I don’t have an alternative clear winner to suggest instead. Much to my surprise, we all loved that Avengers Infinity War film and the second half of that film stood out when we discussed the 2018 films.

Maybe 2018 had many great films, but not a superb one?

What about you, which film would you have voted for?
Old 09-01-2019, 11:12 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I did prefer it to A Star is Born, but I’m also surprised it won film of the year.

That said, I don’t have an alternative clear winner to suggest instead. Much to my surprise, we all loved that Avengers Infinity War film and the second half of that film stood out when we discussed the 2018 films.

Maybe 2018 had many great films, but not a superb one?

What about you, which film would you have voted for?
Didn't see a Star is Born.

Stand outs for me? Leave No Trace. I actually went a second time by myself (sad) to see it. Roma (Netflix and I am bemused by the lack of nods to it) and Cold War (again, a foreign language one but brilliant). I would have seen Widows up there. Great entertainment.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:26 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
I loved it - great nostalgia and (Roger Taylor aside) very good imitations.

However, I couldn't help but feel there is a much better film that could be written about the subject matter, and am astounded that it is regarded as one of the best films of the year.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Big Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I loved it - great nostalgia and (Roger Taylor aside) very good imitations.

However, I couldn't help but feel there is a much better film that could be written about the subject matter, and am astounded that it is regarded as one of the best films of the year.
Oh, I enjoyed it a lot, though a large part was the nostalgia you mention. But it was ultimately fairly superficial and not a 'great' film.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:34 PM
Tramps like us baby

SgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has to be the most self congratulatory industry out there. All those luvvies clapping and cheering each other makes my stomach churn. Imagine the motor mechanics getting together every few months to tell each other how its been so difficult to perform, or train drivers giving speeches thanking signallers and controllers, not to forget the p-way men who work in all weathers. Absolute bollox to em all. And they take themselves so seriously ffs it's just putting on a bit of slap, chucking on a costume and acting, hardly rocket science. Now rocket scientists, they do a proper job
Old 09-01-2019, 06:49 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I haven't seen it but a much younger colleague of mine saw it in Dubai. He said he'd never realised that FM had a girlfriend and then just suddenly got AIDS somehow and died... I suspect he may have seen the local edit
Old 09-01-2019, 07:09 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
I haven't seen it but a much younger colleague of mine saw it in Dubai. He said he'd never realised that FM had a girlfriend and then just suddenly got AIDS somehow and died... I suspect he may have seen the local edit
I can only imagine film edits in some countries where homosexuality and sexuality in itself is scorned upon...I guess it was lucky it was even shown.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:39 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I can only imagine film edits in some countries where homosexuality and sexuality in itself is scorned upon...I guess it was lucky it was even shown.
I watched Skyfall on a Malaysian Airlines flight a few years ago. I'd had a couple of wines but was thinking it made no sense at all as I was watching. When it finished after an hour and twenty minutes I realised they'd cut out almost an hour. When you remove the booze, sex and violence, it seems there's not much left in a Bind film
Old 09-01-2019, 07:41 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
I watched Skyfall on a Malaysian Airlines flight a few years ago. I'd had a couple of wines but was thinking it made no sense at all as I was watching. When it finished after an hour and twenty minutes I realised they'd cut out almost an hour. When you remove the booze, sex and violence, it seems there's not much left in a Bind film
Old 09-01-2019, 08:05 PM

obasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtStryker View Post
Has to be the most self congratulatory industry out there. All those luvvies clapping and cheering each other makes my stomach churn. Imagine the motor mechanics getting together every few months to tell each other how its been so difficult to perform, or train drivers giving speeches thanking signallers and controllers, not to forget the p-way men who work in all weathers. Absolute bollox to em all. And they take themselves so seriously ffs it's just putting on a bit of slap, chucking on a costume and acting, hardly rocket science. Now rocket scientists, they do a proper job
Superb.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:49 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Didn't see a Star is Born.

Stand outs for me? Leave No Trace. I actually went a second time by myself (sad) to see it. Roma (Netflix and I am bemused by the lack of nods to it) and Cold War (again, a foreign language one but brilliant). I would have seen Widows up there. Great entertainment.
Mark Kermode recommended Leave No Trace so I saw it recently.

Yes, very good.

You’re the second person today who has recommended Roma, so I’ll catch up with that one.