Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-01-2004, 09:42 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Curb your Enthusiasm

BBC 4 showed the entire second series last night.
Really funny programme. Anyone else a curb fan ?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Scribbler

Supa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Never seen it but I saw the mis-spelled obituary scene on the 100 Greatest TV Moments of 2003 recently - brilliant! Is that typical of the series?
Old 07-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
, , - I meant to video it. You could have reminded me yesterday.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Utter toilet IMVHO

Much prefer peepshow on C4
Old 07-01-2004, 11:37 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Utter toilet IMVHO

Much prefer peepshow on C4
Dave its called "Curb your enthusiasm", not "Kerb your enthusiasm"....let it go.

just a thought.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Peep Show is a top quality show.

CYE is potentially very good from what I have seen. Just hope the BBC doesn't treat it badly like it did with Seinfeld and The Larry Sanders Show. Needs to be shown at a reasonable hour on BBC2. Please. I don't have freeview or cable.

Old 07-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer
never heard of it.

what have i missed?
Old 07-01-2004, 11:49 AM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Written by and stars one of the main writers of Seinfeld - that should be recommendation enough.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer
OK. Ta
Old 07-01-2004, 11:54 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by selhurstparkflyer
never heard of it.

what have i missed?
Hard to explain really. Its a sit-com but theres not much of a Sit going on. Just a middle aged bloke called Larry and his wife and the things that happen to him .You have to watch it really.
Best bit from last night was when he was playing poker with his new work friends from HBO and called one them the C word.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:48 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Just found out that although the storys are pre written the dialogue is actually improvised.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Cunning Linguist

Location: Casually Counting Copious Coconuts Calmly in the Cook Islands...
BringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's ok, but patchy.

Peep Show is truely great though.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:15 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I am a big fan, I love the way the main character keeps gettin blamed for things outside his control. Glad itsmade it to Englands shores.

Reminds me of an old old sitcom with Simon Callow where he kept getting done by coincidence.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:17 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Curb your enthusiasm...

brilliant, innit.

Larry David wrote the Seinfeld series, and not only writes the show but also stars in it.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by The Vicar
Curb your enthusiasm...

brilliant, innit.

Larry David wrote the Seinfeld series, and not only writes the show but also stars in it.
Really - he wrote it all by himself?
Old 08-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Some weeks I like it, others I don't. When I first watched it I usually sent e-mails to my friends in the States, saying, "Ok, I don't get this, why do Americans think this is hysterical?"

However, it has grown on me. The one with the deceased Aunt was hysterical, but the one in which the wrestler burst his tyre might be one of my favourite episodes of any comedy ever. "I'll give you ten dollars for a verbal response!" Everything tied together perfectly in that episode, it was brilliant.

I am also gullible enough to be impressed by the fact that a lot of the dialogue is improvised.

Far too good for BBC4, I hope it isn't left there, otherwise it will be sadly overlooked (and I've heard the "Crazee Eyed Killahs" episode from series 3/4 is top class).
Old 01-06-2004, 09:40 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

I bought the DVD from Amazon last week. 10 episodes on it. True genius IMO. I was rolling about on the floor laughing.

"Sophia Loren is a source....."
Old 01-06-2004, 09:50 AM

ReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Brilliant show. I described the main character to a mate who'd never seen it as being a cross between Woody Allen and Victor Meldrew. His response was 'Is his catchphrase... "I don't believe it already"?'.

Top stuff. Anyone know if there are any plans for re-runs or a further series?
Old 01-06-2004, 09:53 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

The BBC are negotiating to buy the new series I believe. As said earlier in the thread they will probably just stick it on BBC4.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by BringBackSasa
Peep Show is truely great though.
Is that that thing with Martin & Webb (from Bruiser) in it?