Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-02-2005, 11:33 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Larry David, trying to find Krazy Eyes Killah in the phone book:

"Would it be under C for Crazy,...or E for Eyes. I mean, would Eyes be considered his last name? Do you know if he spells Crazy with a C or a K. You know, they always purposefully misspell their names, rap stars..."
Old 19-02-2005, 11:38 AM
On the Tory right !

Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
Doesn't setting oneself on fire render spontanaity redundant?
I happen to believe that "Setting oneself on fire" in a metaphoric sense of course, enhances 'Spontanaity' as it 'Sharpens' the mind.
Old 19-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Rented the first series of Curb - it's brilliant. I've always loathed American comedy, and this series is frankly something I thought was beyond them. It's a humour based on embarrassment and social awkwardness, and it comes as no surprise to read that Ricky Gervais is a big fan. Very funny, and highly recommended.

Next stop - series 2!
Old 19-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just ordered series 2 and 3.

Anyone that likes this show and hasn't seen Seinfeld..well...should.
Old 19-08-2005, 11:41 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Yes, I've been banging on about Curb for ages. If you haven't seen the Krayzee Eyes Killa episode, do, it's fecking hilarious.
Old 19-08-2005, 11:44 AM

THB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
'over there, we got some um floor shit.....'
Old 19-08-2005, 11:47 AM
A rare visitor

LOL, that's the one! "He's going to put a nut in my eye"
Old 19-08-2005, 11:47 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Al From Bromley
Yes, I've been banging on about Curb for ages. If you haven't seen the Krayzee Eyes Killa episode, do, it's fecking hilarious.
Me and you both Al.

Series 4 is out on DVD in September.
Old 19-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Graffiti Arsist

Micky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's wonderful, and Larry David is wonderful. He did it first in Seinfeld - a show about utterly self absorbed ammoral people who do nothing.

People say his character is most like George Costanza, but to me he's like the Seinfeld character - you put someone (Seinfeld then David) who isn't really an actor but more of a dead pan stand up in the starring role and you make them a sort of vacuum, almost the straight man of their own show around which the madness revolves.

But ach, by my beloved aunt is it funny.
Old 19-08-2005, 11:50 AM
A rare visitor

Enjoy!

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-08-2005, 11:52 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Micky Droy
It's wonderful, and Larry David is wonderful. He did it first in Seinfeld - a show about utterly self absorbed ammoral people who do nothing.

People say his character is most like George Costanza, but to me he's like the Seinfeld character - you put someone (Seinfeld then David) who isn't really an actor but more of a dead pan stand up in the starring role and you make them a sort of vacuum, almost the straight man of their own show around which the madness revolves.

But ach, by my beloved aunt is it funny.
Costanza was basically based on Larry David anyway so there will always be similaritys.
Old 19-08-2005, 12:00 PM

THB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I also think Larry's wife is quite hot (maybe it's just me)
Old 19-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS Murray
Don't find it funny. Just awkward.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 19-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I still think "Thor" is the best episode. The tyre-changing scene is hysterical, and the scene where he drives Jeff's mother to the hotel is very underrated.

"I throw them on the floor. That's how all my clothes are at home. I don't even have a bed, I sleep on a big pile of clothes."
Old 19-08-2005, 12:12 PM
A rare visitor

With respect though GUCCI, I think maybe its an age thing. i.e. the more awkward social sitations you have been in in your life the more you can empathise with the character.
Old 19-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS MurrayGUCCI Eagle FFS Murray
I think it's too middle-class America for me.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 19-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Graffiti Arsist

Micky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It's definitely a satire of over-monied and empty-headed LA society.
Old 19-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
As opposed to middle-class British which you are used to.

Old 19-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Guns of Navarone

Quote:
Originally posted by Riccardo
As opposed to middle-class British which you are used to.

Thank you Riccardo, I'll take that as a compliment.
Old 19-08-2005, 12:17 PM
A rare visitor

I like the episode where he refuses to pick up the golf ball at the driving range and it comes back to haunt him. Also the Krazee Eyes Killah episode where Krazee, learing that Larry is a writer, asks him to critique his lyrics - lyrics "So you think you gonna cross me and mess with my shit? Opening your trap and flapping your lip. Don't with me nigga or you gonna get dropped. I'll snap off your neck with a crackle and pop. If you say anything, you'll beg me to die, 'cause I'll make you suck my dick then I'll nut in your eye. I'll stomp on your world as if my name was Godzilla. I'm coming for you mother , I'm your Krazee-Eyez Killa." and Larry says something like "er, don't get me wrong, it's good, it's very good, but I'd maybe drop the second mother a. After all, you;ve already used it once" . They then go on to have a chat about whether 'bitch' would be a good word to put in it's place.