Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old Today, 01:38 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
. My advice to young people today is not financial, it is simply to marry a woman who tolerates you visiting the pub within reason and let's you watch football on telly.
this sounds like advice straight from the 60's

SaulAlinsky
Old Today, 02:26 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
The percentage of income taken up by mortgage payments was higher in the late 80s than now? But, yes, I only made the point again in response to Adlerhorst's assertion that my generation had it easier (which I don't agree with and will keep defending) and his comments about "burn them". I shouldn't have let him rile me.
I was hoping to prove you wrong on this but I can see that from 87-91 this was the case. I would argue however that the preceding decade and following two decades (30 years) had % of income as less than half what it is today (and has been for the last decade)

Yes mortgages are a little bit cheaper than they were in 1987 - 1991 but far more expensive than they were 1983 - 1987 and 1991 - 2006.

Can we therefore agree that as a % of income mortgages are not cheap? The last decade has seen mortgages cost far more than they have in the previous 3 decades excluding a very short period where this was not the case?
Old Today, 02:31 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I make the Madrid ponce, somewhat annoyingly, correct. He's sussed him out.
All he is doing is proving, yet again, that a public school education a colossal waste of money.

WCB yesterday was closer.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old Today, 02:46 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
I was hoping to prove you wrong on this but I can see that from 87-91 this was the case. I would argue however that the preceding decade and following two decades (30 years) had % of income as less than half what it is today (and has been for the last decade)

Yes mortgages are a little bit cheaper than they were in 1987 - 1991 but far more expensive than they were 1983 - 1987 and 1991 - 2006.

Can we therefore agree that as a % of income mortgages are not cheap? The last decade has seen mortgages cost far more than they have in the previous 3 decades excluding a very short period where this was not the case?
Yes we can. And shortly afterwards by around 1994 housing costs (for those with mortgages) were the lowest that they have been from 1983 to today. Those who like myself hung on to our jobs saw our living standards soar as the % of our income taken via mortgage costs fell rapidly due to lower interest rates and decent enough wage rises. Those of us (including myself) who were able to get on the ladder at the low points of the housing price cycle - 1983, 1994 and perhaps just after 2009-10 were lucky in our timing. Anyway, as I said before, I don't want to criticise younger generations but will correct those who imply that pensioners in general had it easier.
Old Today, 02:47 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
this sounds like advice straight from the 60's
Okay, she should be good looking as well as likes football and lets you go to the pub. Oh, and be good at saving money as well.
Old Today, 02:55 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
A summary from the EU on the disruption and loss of rights for the UK from January 1st 2021. Sober reading:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old Today, 03:05 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I see no need for my wife to enjoy football.
Old Today, 08:36 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
A summary from the EU on the disruption and loss of rights for the UK from January 1st 2021. Sober reading:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Taking back control init
Old Today, 08:37 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I see no need for my wife to enjoy football.
I take it she likes Cricket?
Old Today, 08:46 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
As is often the case with Spanish women, there are subtleties in cricket which rather pass her by.