Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 19-04-2019, 08:59 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Has anyone mentioned the Pixies yet?

Had friends who were into them and The Wedding Present. Got dragged to see both bands a few times but apart from it being a night out and gig just couldn't see what the point of their music was.

Pretty banal twangy guitars.
Old 19-04-2019, 09:03 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I worked in the Rough Trade warehouse for four or five years - there were about 40 of us and hardly anyone could stand the Smiths. I believe it annoyed Morrissey immensely.
Youíre lucky he didnít put a hex on you.

ďSupporting Palace has a certain cult value Ė like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.Ē
- John Peel
Old 20-04-2019, 09:51 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
Has anyone mentioned the Pixies yet?

Had friends who were into them and The Wedding Present. Got dragged to see both bands a few times but apart from it being a night out and gig just couldn't see what the point of their music was.

Pretty banal twangy guitars.
Why yes, yes they have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Pixies
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-04-2019, 10:44 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
Wasn't my time but dont like the Beatles .
Old 20-04-2019, 11:04 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
Wasn't my time but dont like the Beatles .

But why should you like them?

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 20-04-2019, 11:06 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
This is exactly what happened to the "Overrated" thread a few years back. I hold Worksop entirely responsible.

Worksop ruining a thread? I wonít hear it.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 20-04-2019, 11:38 PM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
U2. Just come up with some cryptic/enigmatic lyrics, wear black, and stage a light show. Lean on a repetitive/annoying riff on guitar or drums. And if that’s not painful enough then advertise some luxury goods in rock god styley.
Old 21-04-2019, 12:01 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
But why should you like them?
Yeah, thanks, Maidstoned/brighton_eagle/El Ag (and all the other elderly folk trying to impress the youngsters).
Old 21-04-2019, 12:26 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Another vote here for The Beatles. Alot of their catalogue just sounds like nursery rhymes to my ears, with the odd stand out. Why is Lennon considered a genius? It's all a bit Boy Band...?

Quite why anyone would give them the time of day when they had The Rolling Stones as an option is beyond me.
Old 21-04-2019, 01:07 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
No we f*cking didn't. Those that were about 12 when punk hit probably did, but most of us knew they were fake. As were the Police. And Stranglers. Older bands with a bit of front who slightly altered their image/output to fit in.
The Stranglers were never fake. Some of the press labelled them as punk but apart from Burnel they never were but they had the punk attitude and then some.
Bands I could never warm to include The Fall and The Ramones. Could never get the Springsteen adulation either
Old 21-04-2019, 01:57 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah, thanks, Maidstoned/brighton_eagle/El Ag (and all the other elderly folk trying to impress the youngsters).
I hate them too, and I am older.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 21-04-2019, 02:29 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
Another vote here for The Beatles. Alot of their catalogue just sounds like nursery rhymes to my ears, with the odd stand out. Why is Lennon considered a genius? It's all a bit Boy Band...?

Quite why anyone would give them the time of day when they had The Rolling Stones as an option is beyond me.
I love the Beatles, but do wonder what I’d think of them if I wasn’t essentially indoctrinated by my dad from a young age. 90% of car journeys would contain a Beatles album.
Old 21-04-2019, 06:55 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
This is exactly what happened to the "Overrated" thread a few years back. I hold Worksop entirely responsible.
You would hold me responsible even if I hadnít posted

You halfwit
Old 21-04-2019, 06:55 AM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Worksop ruining a thread? I wonít hear it.
Oh go and get offended at summat
Old 21-04-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Like One direction you mean?
I would rather listen to One Direction than Coldplay
Old 21-04-2019, 08:01 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I love electronic music, but never got into Pet Shop Boys or A-Ha, a handful of songs aside.
Old 21-04-2019, 08:08 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Anything with Paul Weller in it. The Jam the Style Council. I just don't like his voice
Old 21-04-2019, 11:28 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Miles Davis- One of the few records I returned to the store. Can't stand whailling trumpets.
Old 21-04-2019, 11:32 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
The Stranglers were never fake. Some of the press labelled them as punk but apart from Burnel they never were but they had the punk attitude and then some.
Bands I could never warm to include The Fall and The Ramones. Could never get the Springsteen adulation either
Grip was a fantastic single. The point I was making was that, whether they acknowledged it or not, they gleefully grabbed hold of the coattails of punk, a master stroke from their label's marketing department. The Police's Copeland had been in Curved Air..
Old 21-04-2019, 11:59 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
I hate them too, and I am older.
Yeah, that's why I mentioned elderly folk. Anyway, you and Maidstoned are some weird hermaphrodite entity.

Back OT, I really don't like Public Enemy as much as I should do. I know they are hugely influential, but Chuck D's rapping isn't all that, and the overuse of the JB's horn sound in their early records does my head in.