Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-06-2020, 06:51 PM
Banned by Moderators

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think Roy is lining him up as successor already
Old 28-06-2020, 07:06 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Howe will be available in the summer I reckon
Old 28-06-2020, 07:24 PM

hulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I reckon we should get Popovich in for a season or half a season under Roy.
Old 29-06-2020, 08:21 AM

Seanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well I am gunna totally honest an up front an say I really dont want him at Palace. No particular reason I just dont see him fitting in...
Would rather Doog then him or Eddie Howe if he’s free next season?
Old 29-06-2020, 08:32 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dyche was on the recent Peter Crouch podcast, came across as a funny down to earth fella
Old 29-06-2020, 08:36 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Dyche was on the recent Peter Crouch podcast, came across as a funny down to earth fella
I can be a funny down to earth fella, but you wouldn't want me as Palace manager.
Old 29-06-2020, 08:42 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
I can be a funny down to earth fella, but you wouldn't want me as Palace manager.
Chillo in!
Old 29-06-2020, 08:56 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster View Post
Why would he do that? He was Dougies assistant here many years ago, since then he has had the top job at 3 clubs, won the league with 2 of them, won the Asian Champions League (the only Aussie club to do so) and was/is favourite for the Melbourne Victory job i though.

Why would he leave all that to become a number 2 again? Not that i disagree he might be an interesting option to replace Hodgson.

His stint in Turkey might be seen as a failure but he was only given a handful of games at a club that went down with only 12 points all season so how much of that was he responsible for? 45% win ratio in his time in Australia.

Think Parish will want to go for someone with PL experience like Dyche though having had his fingers burned by FdB.
Old 29-06-2020, 09:04 AM

audreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Why would he do that? He was Dougies assistant here many years ago, since then he has had the top job at 3 clubs, won the league with 2 of them, won the Asian Champions League (the only Aussie club to do so) and was/is favourite for the Melbourne Victory job i though.

Why would he leave all that to become a number 2 again? Not that i disagree he might be an interesting option to replace Hodgson.

His stint in Turkey might be seen as a failure but he was only given a handful of games at a club that went down with only 12 points all season so how much of that was he responsible for? 45% win ratio in his time in Australia.

Think Parish will want to go for someone with PL experience like Dyche though having had his fingers burned by FdB.
Poppa to Melbourne Victory!! didn't know that...be good!
I wouldnt mind a poppa Freedman combo though
Old 29-06-2020, 10:20 AM
Probationary User

dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
That's a very simplistic take isn't it? You make it sound so easy and as though anyone who comes in for a year under his leadership would do well.

How often do assistants suddenly take over from their boss and become a success?

I can't think of many.
That bloke Paisley did all right at Liverpool.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:29 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Kneevil View Post
Chillo in!
Chillo OUT !

He didn't applaud the Holmesdale after one game once.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:30 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster View Post
Good shout.
Old 29-06-2020, 11:50 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Spot on. We are pretty much at our ceiling at the moment. And it really isnt too bad
Don't agree with that. The academy facility becoming Cat 1 is huge combined with us being in the concrete catalonia. S E London produces a huge number of talented premier league standard players. We could have had RLC, Abrahams, maybe even Sterling at our academy.

The stand getting completed would put us in a similar income bracket to West Ham, Southampton, Everton (pre new stadium) and Newcastle (pre money bags owner). We'd become a genuine Europa league contender.

I do agree that if we do nothing then we will eventually implode and go down.
Old 29-06-2020, 11:59 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Don't agree with that. The academy facility becoming Cat 1 is huge combined with us being in the concrete catalonia. S E London produces a huge number of talented premier league standard players. We could have had RLC, Abrahams, maybe even Sterling at our academy.

The stand getting completed would put us in a similar income bracket to West Ham, Southampton, Everton (pre new stadium) and Newcastle (pre money bags owner). We'd become a genuine Europa league contender.

I do agree that if we do nothing then we will eventually implode and go down.
Leeds already have that stadium and the Cat 1 academy and they are just trying to get back into the PL!

The Cat 1 academy will not be a panacea and all of a sudden transform the club. We will still be fighting with Fulham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham for the best talent in London, you move slightly south and Brighton and Southampton come into play.

We will have significantly better facilities than we did and the Cat 1 status but our facilities will still not be as good as those at other clubs, our name is not as good as those other clubs and our reputation is not as good. We will probably improve the calibre of player in the academy, we might get a player come through a little more regularly. However the best players in London will still go to the academies of the biggest clubs IMO.
Old 29-06-2020, 11:59 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Howe will be available in the summer I reckon
Rather eat my own shit than have that weasel in charge.
Old 29-06-2020, 12:11 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Rather eat my own shit than have that weasel in charge.
Tricky one that. Howes problem is that he's actually tried to turn his team into a counter attacking more defensively solid unit. Then his strikers have either gotten injured or dried up. His defensive basis was shite to begin with though. He might do better with us. In that a proper defensive platform exists here and what is REALLY needed here is an AM + Wide L striker/Wide R striker and CF. Stuff that he's actually been seen to be good at. Bournemouths problems are their stadium and training ground/academy. Stuff that we are actively fixing right now.
Old 29-06-2020, 12:26 PM

Keith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Any news why Kirby not involved in squad. Somebody asked me yesterday not sure wheather hes injured or just not selected.
Old 29-06-2020, 12:32 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Powell View Post
Any news why Kirby not involved in squad. Somebody asked me yesterday not sure wheather hes injured or just not selected.
I've had a three day hangover since I attended a socially-distant rager in Ruislip on Friday eve. Absolute nightmare but thankfully Roy took it well.
Old 29-06-2020, 12:34 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
I always watch Burnley when they are on TV to get a feel what SD would be like. I have no doubts he'd keep us up but the football is terrible (really terrible) . I'm on the fence about him .
Agree. It's a bit dull. Usually 0-0 or 1-0. don't recall them destroying anyone, or being involved in say a seven goal thriller, ever
Old 29-06-2020, 12:36 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn.f View Post
Couldn't think of anybody worse in his current guise. The bloke seems hell-bent on causing a rift wherever he turns. He'd be looking for his next target the minute he walks through the door and reminds me of a little Silverback looking for somebody to challenge all the while.
Was great once but has completely lost the plot. Now has tha man management skills of de Boer. the tactical sense of Pardew and the organisational discipline of Solshite. Also as loony as a coot.