Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-06-2020, 12:41 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Don't agree with that. The academy facility becoming Cat 1 is huge combined with us being in the concrete catalonia. S E London produces a huge number of talented premier league standard players. We could have had RLC, Abrahams, maybe even Sterling at our academy.

The stand getting completed would put us in a similar income bracket to West Ham, Southampton, Everton (pre new stadium) and Newcastle (pre money bags owner). We'd become a genuine Europa league contender.

I do agree that if we do nothing then we will eventually implode and go down.
There are not enough spaces in the top 8 to accommodate all of the clubs who think or believe they can get there. All the clubs you mention will all believe they are only 2 or 3 players away from being a top side. This is the problem. Palace have lasted longer than ever in the top flight this time around and that is something to be very proud of, but the chances of us achieving much greater than this (for a sustained period) is unlikely
Old 29-06-2020, 12:43 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonpen View Post
We all know we are in the frame for Jose
LOL

Reckon the last biggish job left for him will be Portugal national team (unless he has fallen out with the players)
Old 29-06-2020, 12:44 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al From Bromley View Post
Agree. It's a bit dull. Usually 0-0 or 1-0. don't recall them destroying anyone, or being involved in say a seven goal thriller, ever
Beat Norwich 3-0 on opening day, West Ham and Watford in November and Bournemouth in February. Shared 6 goals with Chelsea this season but came back from 4-0 down so never really in it.

Last season had a seesaw 4-2 with Fulham another tightish one with West Ham, beat Bournemouth 4-0.

In the last 2 seasons the only time we have beaten another team by 3 goals was Leicester 4-1 last year wasn't it?

Arguably we have better players at Palace as well for him to work with. Not saying the football would be pretty but disagree with the point you made when you compare it to us at present.
Old 29-06-2020, 12:45 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Beat Norwich 3-0 on opening day, West Ham and Watford in November and Bournemouth in February. Shared 6 goals with Chelsea this season but came back from 4-0 down so never really in it.

Last season had a seesaw 4-2 with Fulham another tightish one with West Ham, beat Bournemouth 4-0.

In the last 2 seasons the only time we have beaten another team by 3 goals was Leicester 4-1 last year wasn't it?

Arguably we have better players at Palace as well for him to work with. Not saying the football would be pretty but disagree with the point you made when you compare it to us at present.
Let's just say they never seem memorable then
Old 29-06-2020, 08:13 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Only 1 of them with an attacking game plan tonight so far. Hope that comes back to bite.
Old 29-06-2020, 09:02 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Only 1 of them with an attacking game plan tonight so far. Hope that comes back to bite.
Ermm... Burnley right?! Because if we had a plan in attack ****ed if I would know what is waa after watching it for 90 minutes!

In memory of mum, anyone who has some spare change to support Ovarian Cancer Action:

Ovarian Cancer Action Fundraising
Old 29-06-2020, 09:11 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Would rather have Pulis back. At least he's a nice chap
Old 29-06-2020, 09:23 PM
Banned by Moderators

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Masterclass
Old 29-06-2020, 09:24 PM
Banned by Moderators

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Reserve team pretty much, 7 subs including 2 GK’s. Solid.
Old 29-06-2020, 09:30 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
And people turn their nose up at Dyche.....
Old 29-06-2020, 09:33 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Dyche teams get labelled as long ball but that’s bollox. They played better stuff than us tonight. Definitely a good replacement for Hodgson in future
Old 29-06-2020, 09:33 PM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Always rated him. Wouldn't be against bringing him for next season and move Roy upstairs
Old 29-06-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Ermm... Burnley right?! Because if we had a plan in attack ****ed if I would know what is waa after watching it for 90 minutes!
Yup. Top 3 strikers out so he changed it up and they still had a plan as to how to attack us and score. McNeil with a free role was brilliant until McCarthy finally dealt with him. Then they know they can get free kicks, get the ball in the box and get someone to get a head on it. We had nothing. They came for a point and took all 3. Not sure what we were doing.

Not a fan of Dyche football but it is a few steps up from what we have at the moment in terms of entertainment and IMO results.
Old 29-06-2020, 09:39 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
He’s got a poor Burnley team to 8th...
Old 29-06-2020, 09:41 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
Always rated him. Wouldn't be against bringing him for next season and move Roy upstairs
My old man just said that but what happens to Freedman then? Dyche probably wouldn’t want Hodgson as a DOF. I don’t think Hodgson would even want that. Dyche has proven himself in the league so what’s the need?
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Unbelievably shorn of his big men up front. Dyche had to play football and to be honest Burnley looked much better than us. They did the lot. Played football. Utilised a high energy press. Went direct when they had to. Parked the bus and did what we always do and still had some nice moments of passing play. Well at least he showed he's not only a lump it merchant.

Whereas Roy just did what he always does. I do think that's influenced by a ) Roys tactics and b) not having the players to really do much else.

Still wouldn't want Dyche. I actually would'nt mind Howe. Our problem is not that we can't play uncreative park the bus football or play on the counter. Dyche correctly spotted both flaws in Roys tactics. When we play on the counter press us high with energy to break the counter. When we have lots of the ball don't sweat it we won't be able to do much with it. We need to be a lot more creative with the ball. That's Howe.

We're 11th with the 8thish best defence in the league but the absolute shittest attack in the league. Roy has kind of managed to work a miracle with the total lack of support from the board. But Roys such a nice man he sits and takes it year after year.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 29-06-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1 Goldeneagle1
Dyche has to come in at the end of the season. Was very unimpressed again tonight. Hodgson doesnt look bovered and we were so poor technicaly. Would hapily see us make a approach now
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
He’s got a poor Burnley team to 8th...
And without a single black player (apparently)

Old 29-06-2020, 09:45 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
Yep might be the right time as it looks like he’s gonna walk , he can get the best out of championship players and operate on a tight budget .
Old 29-06-2020, 09:45 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Passed his audition tonight and showed the bollocks stereotypes that label him a dinosaur in the same way people did with Pulis and Fat Sam.

A great fit for when Roy calls it a day.

Clinton Morrison