Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:27 PM
Flapping!!!!

Flappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thomas Frank?
Crystal Ball Top 20 2018/2019
Crystal Ball WINNER! 2019/2020

Vote Moo moo2
Old 06-07-2020, 10:00 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=Flappy Chicken;15290767]Thomas Frank?[/QUOTE]

He's certainly got Brentford playing. Certainties for the play offs at least.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:08 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
The prem isn't the only league in the world. There are German, Italian and Spanish managers who do well at mid table or relegation scrapping sides. But barring Frank Lampard (who i do think has lots of potential), there are not any British managers at top sides, whereas there are Germans, Italians and Spaniards. That's the distinction.

I think El Ag made a great point above about how English managers have less options abroad. But as for why top English teams don't fancy managers from this country, the only arguments I see are:

1: They're not that good.
2: It's a conspiracy, Jonny foreigner hoodwinking clubs and stealing the jobs.

I'd tend to side with 1.
I'm not really disagreeing with you but you mention Lampard as the one you think has great potential. But doesn't he only have the chance to fulfill that potential because Chelsea (ie. a top club) gave him that opportunity.

I'd be surprised if he got that job purely because those in charge at Chelsea knew that he was that great, special or more capable than other British managers. I'm sure he did interview well but wasn't a fair part of the appointment down to the fact he had played there for years, was popular, they had a transfer ban and wanted someone familiar with the young players etc.

If he does fulfill that potential than a bit part of it will surely be that he was given a chance that very, very few British managers will get.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:23 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Exactly. Gerrard at Rangers.

Giggs must be seething. At least he was an assistant.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:28 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
If your point is that Pardew out thought Silva, then he didn't. Big Sam was in charge then.

If you're point is based on how Silva approached that game then I agree.
Dinosaur Big Sam vs Silva then.

And Silva got rewarded for his attitude with the Everton job.

Then take a look at that...both sacked, but who did better at Everton. Everton called in Allardyce to help repair the rot that Silva left the. The fans wanted more than his brand of football, though. And look at them challenging for top four, not.

I am still waiting for that list of managers lower down the top European leagues. You can add the extremely talented Pellegrini to the list if you like.

My argument is they are all much of a muchness.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:43 PM

hedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy Chicken View Post
Thomas Frank?
yes I mentioned him a while back, looks a good manager
Old 08-07-2020, 11:26 AM

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Welcome - send me a PM and I can advise on what threads you should be bothering with.
Whoooo ark at her
Old 08-07-2020, 11:29 AM

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
If your point is that Pardew out thought Silva, then he didn't. Big Sam was in charge then.

If you're point is based on how Silva approached that game then I agree.

Old 08-07-2020, 11:32 AM

Dyche wouldnt have let that happen last night, going 2 nil down and not threatening for the first 45 mins. Abject again. 4 losses in a row.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:50 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTuttles View Post
Dyche wouldnt have let that happen last night, going 2 nil down and not threatening for the first 45 mins. Abject again. 4 losses in a row.
Is that the same Sean Dyche whose Burnley were 5-0 down at Man City with almost half an hour to go a couple of weeks back?

Chelsea are not Man City but then we've not lost at The Etihad in the past two seasons.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:53 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another win for Burnley , 9th position now only 3 points from 6th , magnificent for a club their size .
Old 08-07-2020, 10:59 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
At least in the most recent Palace Burnley match, Dyche clearly out managed and out thought RH.

Not sure I would rather have him as manager, mind.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:38 AM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
At least in the most recent Palace Burnley match, Dyche clearly out managed and out thought RH.

I don't really agree with that. The first goal was always going to be key and unfortunately Guaita made an error.

Last edited by Danny boy; 09-07-2020 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-07-2020, 07:26 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

His first win over Palace while Hodgson has been manager
Old 09-07-2020, 07:30 AM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
I don't really agree with that. The first goal was always going to be key and unfortunately Guaita made an error.
But they outfought and out thought us over 90 mins tho
Old 09-07-2020, 07:32 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Another win for Burnley , 9th position now only 3 points from 6th , magnificent for a club their size .
Second European qualification ?

Not bad for a **** manager if he makes it.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:05 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yes, and let’s get it into perspective; the previous four times Roy has come up against Dyche, Roy’s won every game comfortably.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 09-07-2020, 08:14 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Yes, and let’s get it into perspective; the previous four times Roy has come up against Dyche, Roy’s won every game comfortably.

The question is, would SD do better than Roy with the players we currently have ?
Old 09-07-2020, 08:57 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Last night's Burnley V West Ham game summed up Dyche teams perfectly and how he prepares them, clearly he demands committment, high energy game with every player supporting eachother whether defending or attacking, they play as such a well oiled unit that any neutral can only but admire the end product.
Would he do well at Palace if he was to join? without question if he is supported by the Board so as to carry out his plan but crucially being able to bring in the players that is able to carry them out, I would say the key to his management is him knowing what His limitations and realistic ambitions are, but also knowing his teams capabilities and working to that goal.
Could he come to Palace? personally i would love it to happen but unlikely as we rightly have RH in the seat for another season and on merit which rules out a change next season, also i see Steve Parish remaining loyal to a manager who through his own ability has kept us up comfortably during his Three season with the club.
But as Dyche wont be around for long if he decides to move on this summer he without doubt will be in demand by most mid table but ambitious clubs, if West Ham fans can put behind the fantasy days of Moore, Hurst and Peters behind them and come down to planet earth that they are NOT this special club but a struggling one, then appointing Sean Dyche as manager and showing patience with him would be just what the doctor ordered to get them back on track and even getting the prima donnas at the club playing again, and easily becoming a comfortable Top Eight club if not even higher.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:29 AM

JannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dogers View Post
But they outfought and out thought us over 90 mins tho
But is that Hodgson's fault or just the players mentality? Phil Thompson said 'Palace are playing in flip-flops'

Last edited by JannerEagle; 09-07-2020 at 10:32 AM.