Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 31-05-2020, 10:44 PM
Vikings Fan

Jaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey View Post
My wife is from Minneapolis. We were chatting with the in laws today. Sounds terrible what happened on Lake Street. I hear the protests are now turning towards Edina.

Meanwhile, the protests in Brooklyn passed three blocks from us on Friday and Saturday. Not the violence that you had in Minn. but still unnerving to have a burning police van a 5 min walk away. The constant helicopters sounds like something from a Vietnam war film.

Having said all that my impression is that overall the protests have been peaceful and in good spirits. It's been a small group of agitators and the cops that have been causing the trouble. Once this is all unpacked I think we'll find the same forces at work that caused the anti-shutdown protests in Wisconsin and Michigan.

Good luck over there sir!
I think Edina will be fine. I actually think it will be the same as last night. Lots of protesters broken up by the National Guard and cops. I live in South Minneapolis close to the nationaL Guard base. Yesterday and today there have been a steady stream of helicopters overhead.
Old 31-05-2020, 11:04 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
What are the Montana police doing, or what are the United States doing which leads to black people being disproportionality poor and having access to worse education, resulting in a higher likelihood of getting involved in crime. Same in the UK, albeit to a lesser extent. Sure, police brutality is a big issue, and there’s strong evidence of conviction rates being harsher for black people than white people, but the aforementioned is still a truth, and the elephant in the room which needs to be discussed and addressed.
It’s a deeply capitalist country, everything costs, and African Americans started with literally nothing. Post slavery African Americans were denied access to decent employment, property, education even transport. While the civil rights movement improved the situation still black Americans were denied at fair shot at property by banks and red lining, education and employment through discrimination and basic rights in the criminal justice system. It’s decades of systemic racism. The situation is now entrenched and persists. If your parents are poverty stricken living in a crime ridden neighborhood then your chances of social mobility are slim at best. If everyone you know is targeted by prejudiced policing then your respect for the system is going to be low. If the best chance of employment is slinging burgers on minimal wage then criminal ways might be attractive for the $$$ or necessary to simply pay the healthcare costs for a family member or even just to put food on the table. And the stressors of a life lived like this results in increased anxiety, decreased mental health, increased drug and alcohol use and breakdown of family and social cohesion. While 74.3 percent of all White children below the age of 18 live with both parents, only 38.7 percent of African-American minors can say the same. Without $$$ access to college and education is limited. Even the opportunity to simply move away and start again in a better place is impossible when rent is out of reach - for many African Americans most of the country is a mountaintop out of reach.

Even Covid, seemingly a unbiased virus, effects African Americans by nearly double that of their white counterparts. Understanding that gives a glimpse of the problems facing blacks in America.

The depth and duration of the problem is so extreme that you can see why reparations are floated periodically as a means of seeking justice and addressing the balance.

I should say that there’s many poverty stricken whites suffering the same problems, but the systemic racism just makes the mountain harder to climb for POC.
Old 31-05-2020, 11:08 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
Should we laugh or cry???
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Me? I'm LMAO.
Old 31-05-2020, 11:09 PM
Vikings Fan

Jaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It’s just kicked off again in Minneapolis. Peaceful protests on Interstate 35W. A tanker truck somehow got onto the closed off interstate and plowed into the thousands of protesters at 30 miles an hour.

Edit. Looks like people got out of the way

Last edited by Jaserob; 31-05-2020 at 11:20 PM.
Old 31-05-2020, 11:15 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Peaceful protests all round.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 31-05-2020, 11:34 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
Peaceful protests all round.

Another view.
Old 31-05-2020, 11:43 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Awful to watch. I feel the anger of bloke fighting to get out and protect his Mrs.

****ers.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:25 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Awful to watch. I feel the anger of bloke fighting to get out and protect his Mrs.

****ers.

I find it so hard to watch... also the videos of rioters kicking already unconscious people in the head... I can’t understand it.

They are playing in to 2A/NRA/Trumps hands... they’re fukkin ***** idiots
Old 01-06-2020, 12:30 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
I can see this going on all summer what with 40 million unemployed, thousands dying everyday, everywhere shut and generally people just get more pissed off in the heat.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:34 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Apparently we are under a curfew until 6am. Neighbors are posting they are “locked and loaded”.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:40 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Apparently we are under a curfew until 6am. Neighbors are posting they are “locked and loaded”.

People are scared.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:49 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
People are scared.

And keyboard warriors.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:54 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
Facial recognition tech is going to be a lot better than in 2016 when it last kicked off, a few lads who thought their hoodies and masks made them untouchable are going to get knocks on the door in the coming days.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:54 AM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I find it so hard to watch... also the videos of rioters kicking already unconscious people in the head... I can’t understand it.

They are playing in to 2A/NRA/Trumps hands... they’re fukkin ***** idiots
They don't care who's hands they're playing into, because they aren't protesting anything. They're the lowest kind of c*nts using what's happening as an excuse to act like pond life.

Though Trump and his army of idiot followers will use the actions of these scumbags, those looting Santa Monica and others, to tarnish the actual protests and to distract from why they're happening.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 01-06-2020, 02:23 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
They don't care who's hands they're playing into, because they aren't protesting anything. They're the lowest kind of c*nts using what's happening as an excuse to act like pond life.

Though Trump and his army of idiot followers will use the actions of these scumbags, those looting Santa Monica and others, to tarnish the actual protests and to distract from why they're happening.
Old 01-06-2020, 02:50 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Whoosh.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:59 AM
Banned by Moderators

KingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
What are the Montana police doing, or what are the United States doing which leads to black people being disproportionality poor and having access to worse education, resulting in a higher likelihood of getting involved in crime. Same in the UK, albeit to a lesser extent. Sure, police brutality is a big issue, and there’s strong evidence of conviction rates being harsher for black people than white people, but the aforementioned is still a truth, and the elephant in the room which needs to be discussed and addressed.
You've just not answered my question and answered the one you wish you were answering instead. If you break everything down into percentages you cant use it across the whole country you have to use individual states. I dont buy into the brutality arguement in this country its very rare anything bad happens by the old bill at all people stab eachother and kill eachother all the time here and get 8 year sentences were the polar opposite of brutal were to soft.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:10 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post

Absolutely. Some of the videos aren't just half a dozen scumbags though, it is more like 50+ people kicking and punching people that they don't like, or burning down and smashing up car showrooms.

If they want a less racist country, then one of their first priorities must be to get rid of Trump. An election is approaching and I'll be very surprised if the actions of these dickheads won't have helped Trump.

Good job guys, good job.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:04 AM
sleep chaser

I do find there is a unwillingness to criticise rioters (on SM).... any man who kicks a unconscious man in the head is no better than the cop that murdered the black dude... beating a woman with a lump of 2x4 is fukking disgraceful.

You can clearly see people’s agendas in who they make excuses for.

What I am getting from Twitter, is the cops seem to be heavy handed with all peeps. I wonder if this is a result of a society who believes in the 2A.

Someone mentioned Rayleigh in NC on here. My cousin lives 10 miles from there... they said it was a nice area... he says it is a ok area... but there are black areas and white areas... he used to play tennis in a public park with neighbours when he first moved there... they used to drive a few miles and play. One day him and his wife noticed a public park a lot closer and decided to play there. When they told the neighbours about the new park they had found, they were told in no uncertain terms, that was a black park... and they shouldn’t play there again (this was 2014... so a few years ago. Might be different now).

America seems totally fukked
Old 01-06-2020, 08:08 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Absolutely. Some of the videos aren't just half a dozen scumbags though, it is more like 50+ people kicking and punching people that they don't like, or burning down and smashing up car showrooms.

If they want a less racist country, then one of their first priorities must be to get rid of Trump. An election is approaching and I'll be very surprised if the actions of these dickheads won't have helped Trump.

Good job guys, good job.
It happened on Election Day... there were videos of groups beaten up people who voted trump... I remember one Particularly nasty video of a girl getting punched. This isn’t how you win... it’s playing right in to their hands.

The left seem to have been dragged down to the rights level recently... it’s no surprise that the worst the left get the more we get Brexit/Trump/Boris.