Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 31-05-2020, 05:52 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaserob View Post
I live in Minneapolis around 2 miles from where the George Floyd murder took place and around 3 miles from the epicenter of the rioting. We are preparing for a rough night. Our local petrol station got torched last night. All of our local restaurants are boarded up.

Thankfully no issues on my street yet but the wife and I are hunkering down for the night.
The South side according to my sister who lives near you it seems. Chatting to her she is more to the North she seemed to think it was a bit better now. Though the National Guard helped.

Stay Safe.
Old 31-05-2020, 06:01 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
I can’t find it but there is a very good documentary about this on Netflix some of the private businesses that build and run prisons in the US arE promised a certain number of new prisoners with minimum sentences
Why aren’t the population outraged? It doesn’t make sense. I wonder if the price is higher for black inmates.
Old 31-05-2020, 06:29 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Anyone see the clip of the store owner being beat unconscious... then the protesters carry on kicking him in the head while he is unconscious. Hope he ain’t dead.
Old 31-05-2020, 07:45 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Old 31-05-2020, 08:22 AM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex De Large View Post
They weren't destroying the livelihood of members from their own community.
Overturning cars and looting from shops is still a sign of discontent.
Old 31-05-2020, 09:05 AM

Alex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjay View Post
Overturning cars and looting from shops is still a sign of discontent.
You do realise that more people have died as a result of these riots, that started as a protest to.... a murder?

Do you not see a contradiction in this.
Old 31-05-2020, 12:39 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
You do realise that more people have died as a result of these riots, that started as a protest to.... a murder?

You seem fairly determined to tar all of the protesters with the same brush. Of course there is a stupid minority of people jumping on the violence bandwagon, but at the same time there are those protesting peacefully, those who were called sons of bitches for previously peacefully protesting and now don't see any other choice, and those trying to protest peacefully but are being provoked by an out of control police force.

That police force is also targetting the media quite a bit. Wonder how many of them are red hat wearers.

Some police lowlights from last night;

WCCO photo journalist shot with a rubber bullet and arrested;

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Man with a camera and press helmet shot with something by police;

A woman telling an officer she is a medic and wants to help gets pepper sprayed;

An officer removes a peaceful protester's mask to pepper sray him;

Police in Salt Lake knock down an elderly man carrying a cane;

An MSNBC reporter with a crowd of protestors having tear gas fired at them with no provocation;

A photographer has lost her left eye after being shot by something;

A nurse in Minneapolis telling a reporter she was treating a man bleeding heavily, when police stormed the tent and opened fire, forcing her to leave him there;

CBS news crew deliberately shot at by police;

And finally, an NYPD cop throwing up a white power sign;

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 31-05-2020, 12:43 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
You seem fairly determined to tar all of the protesters with the same brush.

classic,....just classic
Old 31-05-2020, 01:01 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
You seem fairly determined to tar all of the protesters with the same brush. Of course there is a stupid minority of people jumping on the violence bandwagon, but at the same time there are those protesting peacefully, those who were called sons of bitches for previously peacefully protesting and now don't see any other choice, and those trying to protest peacefully but are being provoked by an out of control police force.

That police force is also targetting the media quite a bit. Wonder how many of them are red hat wearers.

Some police lowlights from last night;

WCCO photo journalist shot with a rubber bullet and arrested;

Man with a camera and press helmet shot with something by police;

A woman telling an officer she is a medic and wants to help gets pepper sprayed;

An officer removes a peaceful protester's mask to pepper sray him;

Police in Salt Lake knock down an elderly man carrying a cane;

An MSNBC reporter with a crowd of protestors having tear gas fired at them with no provocation;

A photographer has lost her left eye after being shot by something;

A nurse in Minneapolis telling a reporter she was treating a man bleeding heavily, when police stormed the tent and opened fire, forcing her to leave him there;

CBS news crew deliberately shot at by police;

And finally, an NYPD cop throwing up a white power sign;

This all pretty shitty... no doubt there are thick ****tards on both sides... but it’s so tiresome to say protesters beat man unconscious, then other side say “yea, but.. police did this”

Twitter is full of people saying police did this to a black man, then others show police doing something awful to a white guy... and goes back n forth with people playing whataboutery.

Got family that live in North Carolina and Florida... both have said there’s been looting close by... no protests... just thieving... this is gonna play straight in to Trumps hands
Old 31-05-2020, 01:06 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
What a ****ed up Country.

Land of the free is it?
Old 31-05-2020, 01:08 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
This all pretty shitty... no doubt there are thick ****tards on both sides... but it’s so tiresome to say protesters beat man unconscious, then other side say “yea, but.. police did this”

Twitter is full of people saying police did this to a black man, then others show police doing something awful to a white guy... and goes back n forth with people playing whataboutery.

Got family that live in North Carolina and Florida... both have said there’s been looting close by... no protests... just thieving... this is gonna play straight in to Trumps hands
I didn't "yeah but" it. I clearly acknowledged there are idiots out and about and involved in the riots.

What I'm saying is that the idiots shouldn't distract from the reason these protests are happening, which seemed to be what that poster was trying to do. And I was also highlighting that whilst there are idiots, many people are being provoked into non peaceful methods.

One quote from the poster I replied to;
"If you think this is being done for some greater good and not for a new pair of free trainers then you're kidding yourself".

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 31-05-2020, 01:13 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
For those on here that live there or who have a lot of knowledge of the place over the last 50 years or so, has racial inequality changed at all? Is it a case of in some states/areas yes but not in others?

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 31-05-2020, 01:19 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
I can’t find it but there is a very good documentary about this on Netflix some of the private businesses that build and run prisons in the US arE promised a certain number of new prisoners with minimum sentences
Are you thinking of ‘13th’? Excellent film by Ava DuVernay.

Old 31-05-2020, 01:36 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
I see the demonstration in London in support of George Floyd is taking place. Certainly I understand the sentiment as to why. However in the current circumstances the lack of policing i will say wrong way in the current circumstances. Risking losing support for a justifiable cause.
Old 31-05-2020, 01:43 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:

What do you suggest they do given this police brutality against African Americans has been going on forever and their commander in chief seems to support white supremacists? Do you think they would be better of continuing to accept it and move on?
Old 31-05-2020, 01:49 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
For those on here that live there or who have a lot of knowledge of the place over the last 50 years or so, has racial inequality changed at all? Is it a case of in some states/areas yes but not in others?
Arguably improved, ‘The War on Drugs’ is mostly over for instance and there are now many more POC in positions of power and the relative educational achievements of African Americans are vastly improved compared to the 60’s - but there are still huge disparities in wealth, employment, justice and health between black and brown people and white.

The problems are far reaching and multiple, institutionalized racism, red lining, poverty traps, access to education/healthcare, voter suppression, justice/incarnation and even a two term black president made much of difference.

There’s also the failure of good hearted white people (like myself) to make racism more of an issue both at the ballot box and in day to day life. It’s out of sight out of mind sadly - until moments like recent events when people leap into action with meaningful Facebook posts.

For me it’s the failure of progressive cities to get handle on things that strikes home. Take Minneapolis, my wife’s home town. A city populated with kind, polite well educated mid-westerners. It has some of the best healthcare in the country and people are progressive and liberal. But it has a very marginalized Somali population and it’s police force has multiple instances of police brutality towards blacks in particular. When a city like Minneapolis has a problems then you know the problem countrywide is huge.
Old 31-05-2020, 01:52 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Its also 29 years since Rodney King died. Have the Police learned from that?

Have they learned from all the other occurrences where black people have been killed for no reason by the Police?

That is why they protest.

Last edited by Fatboy; 31-05-2020 at 01:54 PM.
Old 31-05-2020, 01:59 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
I see the demonstration in London in support of George Floyd is taking place. Certainly I understand the sentiment as to why. However in the current circumstances the lack of policing i will say wrong way in the current circumstances. Risking losing support for a justifiable cause.
Why are Brits demonstrating about the police force in the USA?
Old 31-05-2020, 02:00 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
Don't worry, social distancing is being observed....

Old 31-05-2020, 02:01 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Why are Brits demonstrating about the police force in the USA?
Empathy?